• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Naruto or Dragon Age?

What roleplay should I do?

• Naruto

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Dragon Age

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Years
  • I wanted to run a question by you cool cats before I started writing my roleplay plot. I was wanting to do a Dragon Age roleplay as much as I want to do a Naruto roleplay. Which one should I do?

Years
  • I have no idea what Dragon Age is xD

As for Naruto, there hasn't been an RP of it for a long time now. Not since the one I helped GM with Nathan I'm pretty sure haha. I think it's a really cool and fun universe to RP but you have to be careful with the plot and things otherwise it can end up really convoluted or with a scale that's hard to manage. I say if you're confident you can do it right with a good plot and all that, go for it because it's a really cool universe.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Naruto would be easier to run and to keep, especially if you did it before the actual birth of naruto since after that you're on a one way track to most likely getting yourself stomped on by a giant ten eyed freak.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I have no idea what Dragon Age is xD
    /me flies partner off to another world to educate him in nerd stuff

Dragon Age is a RPG video game that is pretty dark and cool. I haven't finished playing it, but the dwarven storyline with betrayal and stuff just blew my mind after only the intro chapter haha. It's an interesting world, and the RP would definitely need to be M rated lol. Personally I'm just not eager to participate in fantasy/medieval RPs but I know many who would love it.

Not sure how well Naruto RPs usually fare but I don't think any has finished o:

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    They both sound really fun, tbh. I'd be really happy with either. I think both could take an interesting turn, but I agree that the plots for both could get really complex. As a newer RPer, I think a little more structure to the plot would be helpful rather than have it so open if these were to happen. Obviously you can go about it however you'd like, but that's my two cents.

Years
  • I think that if you did a Naruto RP, it would be pretty much just with people who have watched and enjoyed the show, or read the manga. As someone who has never cared for Naruto, I wouldn't really care for it. The amount of lore you would have to include to make someone like me understand the world would probably be pretty significant.

Dragon Age would probably be more accessible to more people. Sure, there is still the lore problem, but at the same time, its a universe that can make more sense to the average person who never played it. "Its kind of high fantasy, and its got some dragons, and wizards and crap."

In the end, its up to you. There seem to be plenty of people here who wouldn't mind a Naruto roleplay, and a good Dragon Age roleplay would probably catch my eye.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Do you have actual ideas or are you just throwing out titles? I mean, I know very little about Naruto, same with Dragon Age, so I suppose you're getting no interest from me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2016
    I think Dragon Age would be good, but you'd need to be very specific for what you'd want to do, which time period, that sort of thing.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2018
    I love the Naruto universe, it would be really cool to have a RP based on the Chuunin exams imo!

I can't really say anything about Dragon Age, so I'd probably skip out on that one.

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
  • I'm not sure why this thread was dug up from the grave almost two months later.

But I suppose in pointing it out, here's my contribution to the necromancy.

Back