• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Cornered On The Market! [T](IC)

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018

The Boulevard
6:21 AM | North up the street

His gaze was fierce as he enacted a particularly severe Mean Look, but he just as quickly dropped it.

Castiel felt it. It was warm, slick, sticky. Whatever it was that struck him, it was a stinging lash that touched the supernatural membrane that could be considered his skin, and after catching, dragged along like soggy sandpaper over his forced-shut eye, up beneath the brim of his brow, and then over its edge before the horrible feeling vanished.

It left the Mismagius stunned. He uttered a gag of absolute disgust when he got over the initial shock of the unforeseeable attack. The slimy trail that was left on him started to tingle, at first as if his cells were absorbing it in molecule by molecule and grazing nerves as they were drawn in, and then it started to feel almost numbing. A racking, involuntary shudder shot through him, right before a deft sensation spread from the course.

In a matter of seconds, Castiel went down, calling out from surprise as he collapsed into an upright heap, having lost his levitation in the moment.

He tried to catch his breath, but whatever it was that swelled with air within his ghostly frame felt a spear of pain, and he groaned out, restricted. Castiel was left stunned, alright. He was fully afflicted with paralysis.

Curses! What are the godforsaken odds…

He tried to twist around, and yet, his own body was giving him great resistance.

No, I can hardly move my body… I'm just a crumpled rag on the street… Maybe, if I...

Castiel did it without any hesitation. Exhaling all his breath to make the motion swift and bearable, he bent himself backwards, back arched as the top of his conical head hit the pavement. His eyes were wide and glimmered with a violet, sinister light before they flashed brightly in a Confuse Ray.

Little did Castiel know, the Confuse Ray affected not only his intended target, but also a small Absol peeking out from behind a trashcan, attempting to be sneaky. The flash and resulting confusion disoriented Silver, causing her to stumble out from behind her cover and giving a small "Oof," in exclamation. Trying to regain her feet on the hard surface of the street, she looked up and saw her boss lying on the ground. Not thinking quite clearly, she lurched forward, sort of stumbling forward as if in a drunken daze.

"Stupid...Kecleon…" she growled under her breath. She tottered about with clunky steps, tying to keep her sight straight until she found her target, or at least what she thought it was. Hovering on the sidewalk in front of an alleyway just a short dozen or so feet from where her boss lay was a jagged blue line--or more accurately three hovering blue lines, according to her fuzzy and swimming vision. She blinked a few times hoping to clear her head to no avail. Well, whatever, she thought, kicking up loose gravel with her hind leg as she charged up for a quick attack. She launched herself at one of the lines, only to pass right through her intended target and slamming face first into a street lamp behind it. She sagged to the ground, even more dazed than before.

Elsewhere, Gabriel was running down the alleyways around Forget-Me-Not as fast as he could. If that Florges ever went round out back of the store, she would start asking questions, and a certain Furret would probably start asking her when a certain Weavile would come back, or what he went off to do. He had to be safely on the other side of the street by then and hidden back round Spirited Away, or else bad things were prone to happen. He made his way to the edge of the alley beside Forget-Me-Not and glanced back and forth. It looked as if Goro was nowhere in sight, which meant it was time to move.

He braced his legs, ready to make an all out rush when he caught sight of something happening on the street itself. He could readily identify the purple ghost that floated in the middle of the street, and what appeared to be a smaller white shape that was moving about erratically. He knew better than to call out, but he made his way over, slowing to a creep as he neared. "Castiel?" He asked, making sure to not be too loud, "What are you doing out here? … Silver?" He raised a brow at the sight of the Absol looking to be, well, drunk.

"... Did you guys already finish the project and start drinking?" He crossed his arms in irritation, "Well… you could have at least told me before I left on my own!"

The eerie light from Castiel's eyes had vanished when the loud sound of a thick skull against metal broke him of his own trance. He was stewing in the fogginess of his mind after so suddenly being brought back out from a dark and bizarre place, when a familiar voice called out to him through the haze, mentioning his name, a precious metal, and then the last part of an accusation.

Castiel… Sil-ver… Gabriel…?

The Ghost blinked a couple times, hoping to bat away the dancing spots in his eyes as his mind and attention returned to the foreground. He gasped for breath despite his position. He wasn't able to fill his spectral lungs fully, as yet again his body was gripped with constrictive pain from the paralysis. He reflexively cried out from the aching, but took the initiative to be efficient and form words as he hollered out what little wind he had drawn in.

"Silver I said stay back at the store and Gabriel come help but there's a blue stri-...!" He blew out in one sitting and reached the end of his shouting before shuddering again.

Blast! This pain! Is paralysis really this strong? I haven't experienced something like this in so long... Quickly, he breathed in. This time, his status didn't hinder him.

"Blue stripe!" Now he could properly convey a solid urgency in his voice. "There's a blue stripe! Get it--it's an intruder! Be careful, it para--Aaargh!" Again with the pain, the back-bent Mismagius tipped over and fell onto his side, cringing.

Gabriel glanced about, getting close to his cringing boss at the same time. His eyes searched for this supposedly dangerous stripe. If it had been an hour earlier the dark blue stripe would have blended into the area, but since light was now starting to peek out over the town he was able to see such a blue line. Strangely enough this blue stripe didn't look to be moving, nor was it attached to anything. It just was placed against the ground. That was it.

"Um… Castiel? I see it, but it's not moving. Are you sure you two aren't drunk?" He glanced back at his boss warily.

"YOU DOLT," the Ghost managed to gasp. He wrapped his wispy limb-like protrusions around his body, clutching himself from the flaring plain from the paralytic restriction. Castiel couldn't believe that he, being in pain and nearly writhing on the ground, that his own employee was doubting him instead of obeying him completely and without question.

"I'M--Augh!--I'm on the ground in pa-a-in… Just… Believe me… Get the damned--"

Just as the coarse word slipped, something tickled down his spine. It wasn't a chill from his affliction or the cool of the pavement beneath him, but being a Pokemon who once floated effortlessly now forced to the ground, he could so intimately feel vibrations. Quick, steady, trodding beats, like the heavy footsteps of something portent.

Peering up past a confused Weavile and flopping Absol, down the street, was the unmistakable stature of a giant bear, barrelling towards them.

Castiel didn't know what to make of it all, not so quickly anyway.

"ARCEUS! OH ARCEUS! HA-GUH!"

Gabriel looked toward the sound as well, his eyes widening at the sight of the Pangoro. He instinctively took one step back and glanced over at the so called dangerous stripe, a look of confusion crossing the Weavile's face as he caught sight of yellow polkadots that suddenly appeared around it. Dots that suddenly bled green and zigzagged into orange hexagons or a pale pink pinstripe. The area around the stripe was morphing into various colors and patterns that shaped around a faint form of a body. Gabriel had to act fast.

"Oh, there's a guard coming!" Gabriel cried out in what could be his best caring tone, now that Goro rapidly approached earshot. "Hold on, Castiel!" The toned Weavile waved for Goro with an urgent flair, putting on a fearfully concerned look that may as well have turned genuine as the enormous sprinting Pangoro, for a moment, looked as if he wouldn't stop his thudding just to trample the whole lot.

But just a few skips away from the scene, and much to Gabriel's and a fretful Castiel's relief, the opposing bear skidded to a heavy halt on his heels before falling forward onto the pads of his feet again, correcting his posture and his slightly askew orange cap.

"KH-WABLUGH," Castiel forcibly wheezed at the bear. Gabriel quickly cut in with a more intelligible appeal.

"Guard! My boss and my co-worker have been attacked!" The dark weasel llunged an accusing claw at the sight of the color changing figure on the ground before him. "This is the culprit! He was invisible before!"

All the ground-shaking and familiar shouting from her boss and coworker lured a nearly knocked-out Silver back to consciousness. The little Absol opened her eyes, glassy for a moment as she shook her head to try and clear her mind. She tried her hardest to focus her eyes on the scene before her, but the sudden sight of Goro had her nearly faint again.

The formidable black and white guard's leer was so potent that making eye contact with it would smother someone with the looming dread of punishment. When those eyes finally set on that familiar blue stripe amidst the shifting patterns, the long arm of the law reached down for the accused. Goro grunted when his massive paw brushed against something he wasn't expecting. It was scaled and sort of spiny, but he nonetheless clutched at it, which seemed to cause an adverse reaction to the invisible figure as color suddenly melted out from Goro's firm grasp and filled out the shape of a Kecleon.

With a flick of the chewing twig crushed between his jaw, Goro locked his gaze with the psychedelically-colored lizard--though it couldn't hold the stare, its eyes instead twitching and rolling all over the place as its mouth couldn't decide whether to keep a smile or sustain a scowl. The Kecleon instead decided to titter when it was lifted by the top of its head several feet off of the ground to face the ursine menace.

"Give me your name," the husky voice thundered between clenched teeth.

The Kecleon answered by jamming its tongue in Goro's eye.

This did not amuse Goro.

"G-Goro!" Castiel called with a shudder and a gasp as he tried to roll over onto his front, bending his back like a bow so as to lift up his head. It was one of the only times his mouth was not obstructed by the collar of his cloak. Unlike other Mismagius, his mouth appeared to be in the admittedly and unexpectedly cute shape of a rounded "w".

"Goro, that's the thing you saw earlier! It… It got into my store! I foll-owed--" He took a break to suck in breath as the paralysis exerted itself over him. Goro peeled the sticky tongue from his eye with a forceful yank by his other paw, appearing unfazed by the action as his attention was now all on the witching owner. "Guh… I followed it… a Lick ambush… Paral-y-z-e-d…"

Goro's head flicked back to the plaid-patterned Kecleon, and in that instant, his face contorted into a chiseled expression of raw and absolute jurisdiction.

With it directed the edict: "Explain yourself."

It took the Kecleon a moment to answer, their eyes nearly focusing to one point this time, its lips pressed together as it hummed for a grasp at a thought. When the lizard finally did come up with something solid, it opened its mouth to preach its defense:

"Arf."

He jammed his tongue in Goro's eye. Again.

Other than Silver's two left feet and the unfortunately inanimate objects in her path, there was a deathly silence that hanged in the air for what felt like much too long. But when it was broken, it was by the crushing voice that couldn't save face any longer.

"You," he bellowed to the Weavile across from him, tearing the sticky tongue from his own face and gripping it at bay. "Take these two back to their store. Now."

He then turned to glower at the paisley-print, limply-squirming Kecleon, and with a snort of his snout, leaned in so close that his nose nearly pressed against the lizard's bridge before he growled the dreaded words, "You're coming with me."

With a groaning Kecleon in one hand and its dripping tongue in the other, the muscular embodiment of the law gave no further hesitation to deal with his capture, proceeding forward, leaving in his wake his hefty footsteps and the assertion that he was an authority beyond volunteership.

Watching the Pangoro stamp past him, Castiel then turned his attention to Gabriel.

"You heard the bear," he strained to quip. "Pick me up; get me out of here. And… get Silver too. Before she hurts herself. Again."

Gabriel scooped his boss up and placed him over one shoulder, then glanced back warily at the Pangoro before making his way toward Silver to scoop her up too. "Let's just get out of here before he gets too mad…" He muttered to her under his breath. He was quick to make his way back along the barren street, often forced to readjust his balance while a foggy Silver squirmed and fatiguedly threatened just what she'd do to those colorful designs if it were left up to her.

Neither she nor Gabriel noticed, but the Ghost draped over the Weavile's shoulder saw from under the wide brim of his brow the orange parasite that stood silently across the street, watching with milky orbs and an indescribably knowing look. They exchanged dead, blank expressions.

With all the luggage, Gabriel managed to make it to the front door of Spirited Away. He shoved it open with his shoulder, nearly stumbling a bit as he only half-expected it to be unlocked.

"We're… back!" He panted out as he dropped the two to the ground and fell onto his rump.

Silver rather unceremoniously rose to her feet and grumbled, "I could have walked back myself ya know…" She seemed to have mostly recovered from her confusion, although she was still a bit shaky on her legs, and her claim convinced next to no one. Her downcast eyes matched her mood, a bit depressed and dour, no doubt with how the battle earlier had played out.

Castiel, on the other hand, did not move. He had to regain his composure after internally screaming the entire trek back to store. When he had sufficiently sated his tortured soul with suppressed shrieking, he finally opened his mouth to speak.

"Put... me..." he hissed, "On... the coun-ter..."

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Gabriel
Time for Brownie Points

"Oh!" Gabriel heard Castiel's plea and quickly picked up his ghostly boss once more to set him laying down upon the counter. "Sorry for putting you on the floor." He said as he rubbed the
back of his neck nervously, "I wasn't thinking with that, but I do have great news!" A smile lit up along his face, "I found out what Forget-Me-Not is planning! So, after masterfully evading Goro and making it behind the store I saw that they were building something in the store. They were hanging colorful lanterns, and making a space in the area for the customers."

He held up a finger, "I managed to deduce through hearsay I overheard that they were making a relaxation area for their customers. In fact, they were even digging into this garden in the back so they could bring some dirt and plants inside to, I guess, make it more relaxed." He shrugged, "I dunno. I'm not an interior decorator, but that's what I managed to find out. I couldn't do much to trip up their operation, given I had to get out of there."

The Weavile looked pretty proud of himself as he turned to the others in the store, "So, what sort of stuff do we need for the project? How far have you all come along with it? If I need to go out and get some more supplies I did spy some dumpsters around the other stores while I was coming over here. I could quickly pick up some stuff we could use. Or is it too late for that?"

Ihsaan

shinigami of the alfheim
Years
Samuel the Bidoof
399.png

Mission: "He's back!"

Samuel awoke with a start, ripping his drool drenched face off of the the warm cobblestone road. He blinked his eyes as they adjusted to the light. He saw the looming shadowy figure of Goro reaching out to him, and his heart, and the flow of time itself stopped to accommodate his terror. He had failed. He was going to be arrested for being stupid, just as Aunt Bessie always warned him. Aunt Bessie never lies! How could I have been so blind?; Samuel thought, in a drastic attempt to form coherent thoughts. he opened his mouth to make an excuse, when Goro's head suddenly turned. Sam breathed a sigh of relief as Goro walked away from him, and towards the site of commotion. Sam took this moment to get up, and stretch his stiff limbs. The pain in his tail was practically gone. Gee, I feel like I could run a marathon!; Sam thought, conveniently forgetting the fact that he had just done exactly that. Since he wasn't doing anything particular, he decided to follow Goro.

He trotted at a leisurely pace towards Goro, breathing in the fresh morning air and just enjoying himself in general. He thought he heard yelling, and a few grunts, but he kept walking anyways, he had to explain himself to Goro. What a bee-yoo-tiful morning! Man, this reminds me of the songs mom used to sing; he reminisced closing his eyes. When he opened them he saw Goro holding... was that Varien? Goro glared at Samuel, and it send shivers down his short spine. So he quickly turned and pranced away, whistling to himself. Auunt Bessie had always told him, "Samuel, curiosity killed the Purrloin!". Samuel disliked Purrloins, so he kept being curious, but his fear of Goro was greater than his dislike of Purrloins.

Eventually he reached the entrance to Forget-Me-Not. He took a deep breath and was about to march right in, when he noticed the milky eyed Spora.

"Thanks for helping me. Sorry for running off, hahaha!" Samuel said meekly. Aunt Bessie also told him he was a people person. Well, at least she was right 2 out of 3 times!

Last edited:

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019

Rina the Chimecho ~ Forget-Me-Not

'You would like to see it again, my application?'
chimecho.gif

Here's the deets:

__
__
Mentions:
Amaryllis & her fellow coworkers
__
Held Item: Thimble
__
__
[ done~ ]
-------As the caterwauling in the closet was coming to a close, Rina put the finishing touches on her little project before sweeping backwards and jerking her head approvingly, as if in approval of her own work. The bow she'd been tussling with was aggravatingly imperfect in how it was tied but it was the best the Chimecho could manage with her stumped fixtures for arms. And, nevertheless, it was only one bow in a forest of other glitzy attractions.

-------She mentally wiped her brow before Rina settled herself barely an inch over the carpeted ground and let out a hearty sigh as she realized, now, that it must certainly be finished. With fast-paced proficiency over the course of fifteen minutes, the project corner was aglow with more than a single red bow, but with glitter, ribbon, plush and glass.

-------The Chimecho beheld her work. Exceptional! Marvelous! She was wholly impressed with herself. Rina couldn't help the smile spreading across her face! What lay before her was an interior arrangement of mark-for-mark perfection, or at least it seemed so from a distance. She sat on the far hem of the rustic throw rug that just managed to complement the brighter colors of the beanbag chairs the Chimecho'd gathered earlier. There were two chairs on either side of the little rug and each pair sat across from the other while four tall, varying gazing globes laying similarly just outside of the rug, ribbon strewn between each vertical pair to resemble stanchions, highlighted an "entrance". It would be undoubtedly eye-catching to customers and co-workers alike, Rina thought. 'Oh, but it is so beautiful, all of the details that are small and put everywhere! Everything is almost like something ripped right out from a designer magazine!'

-------For the final product, Rina had ultimately abandoned minimalism and taken a more outdoors-y approach, what with the gazing globes, the two hanging plants that weren't so much hanging (their chains were wrapped in tinsel in an effort to not look off-putting). There was also that Torkoal-shaped rock structure with a smoky-grey glass orb resting its center, about a foot or so tall, now standing in the very middle of the carpet. Surrounding it were loose sleigh bells, glitter and snowflake-shape confetti, the container of which Rina had found after another quick trip to the "12/15" box behind the counter. Meanwhile, affixed on the wall behind the entire display was the wreath, wrapped in gold ribbon with the beautiful wind chimes glistening at its center.

-------Perhaps it could use a bit more glitz, a touch more glitter, but Rina, overall, was satisfied with what she had done and with herself for managing to do it. Instantly, she whipped around, in search of any drawn eyes or captured curiosity on part of her fellows. She heard a ding-a-ling at a familiar fool's re-entrance through the front door, caught the glimpse of a slumped red figure from the outside of Forget-Me-Not. Near the storage closet emanated the voice of Amaryllis and some other's, probably the Kecleon. But no one was unpreoccupied enough to join Rina in marveling this masterpiece yet.

-------Her excitement dwindled, as did her patience. The Chimecho called out: "The project, it is done!" and awaited her audience.

Last edited:

Xtrashy

Shy - Like really shy, super shy, like, extra shy.
Years
Spora watched what had just occurred with rapt fascination. Never in her entire life would she ever imagine a whole slew of pokemon would have to be present to apprehend one Kecleon, but there you go, wonders never cease do they. Regardless she had taken everything in from the transaction, it was fairly amusing on the whole and she was rather glad she had made the trip out there to begin with, though she would have to stymie her frustration for the lack of control she had in her work environment and simply head back to it with the same stoic expression she always kept about her, not that she had many others to choose from mind you, that's just how it was. She had exchanged a glance, or what could be considered a glance for her anyway, with what she assumed was the owner of that shop Amaryllis seemed to despise so much. She should have applied there instead, something told her that even know she might have enjoyed working over there more, but it was a moot point for the time being.

Well, there had been enough standing around, hopefully someone inside had gone an calmed Amaryllis down by now, or maybe everyone inside had been fired, who knew. As she turned to head inside she noticed Samuel had returned from wherever the heck he had gone. She heard him begin speaking but she promptly ignored him, heading inside. If Amaryllis hadn't calmed down by now, no doubt news of what she just witnessed might make her somewhat happy. Well, the part about the Mismagius being carted off by his employees, or what she assumed were his employees, would no doubt give her boss some sort of twisted pleasure that would no doubt be good. Oh, and she supposed that the Kecleon, what was his name again? Regardless that guy wasn't going to be back anytime soon. So she went in search of her boss, scanning to see if she had moved somewhere else.

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
Years
Druag
Before Druag could have his fishy friend direct him to place the candles, the door came open and a Weavile came in hauling Silver and Castiel.

As the newcomer heaved a greeting and dropped his cargo, Druag caught himself staring: he was quite certain he did not recognize the fellow. It was only as the Weavile was propping a limp Castiel onto the counter that Druag remembered who he was: one Mr. Gabriel, the fellow whose scent Druag had caught in the backroom earlier. Was he only just getting here? Druag glanced stupidly at his wrist; it was a habit he'd learned from the Simisage who had sheltered him when he first came to town. That gentleman had worn a timepiece of the style humans had and would look at it now and again, and so did Druag now mime that movement even as he realized he'd never owned a watch in his life.

Gabriel announced some such about the store across the way, and with a note of triumph that made Druag feel he must have missed something: what would any of them care of the goings-on in the flower store? Druag ignored the statement rather than try and decide why it was important and moved toward the trio, his one eye cold on the Weavile. The bipedal feather-weasel was saying something else, but Draug wasn't listening.

Druag had only just noticed the stupefied state of Silver and the stiffness of Castiel. To Druag's feral heart his coworkers were his cave-mates, and his boss his alpha. Now one was befuddled and the other otherwise incapacitated, and both borne in by a latecomer who, to Druag, was just as likely an assailant as anyone else.

As he drew upon the Weavile, Druag felt his face intensify, his back straighten. His shoulders riled where the muscles that used to hold his wings moved in reaction to his posture in an attempt to threateningly raise the appendages that were no longer there. Are you going to crush him in your jaws or break him in your claws, Druag? Druag blinked and settled down, the thought bringing him back to his senses. His leg hurt.

He looked down his snout doubtfully at the Weavile. Messy Miltanks, what am I doing? This is my coworker, I'm sure he's just helping them. He cleared his throat and bent down to Silver. She was on her feet now but unsteady, and looking at the ground, quite unlike her. At least as far as Druag's short acquaintanceship knew. "Are you alright, Ms. Silver? Are you hurt?"

With equal concern, he turned his big head toward the counter, scarcely giving Gabriel a thought, now. "And you, Mr. Castiel? Who did this? Was it that Kecleon?" Oh, Druag, you misspoke, you were supposed to say 'Should I smash that Kecleon'! You great brute, you! Druag snorted away that thought, and willed himself not to follow it to the image it conjured in his head. He looked Castiel over some more. Paralysis, for sure; Draug was quite certain Ghosts didn't have any strange muscular diseases that would cause such a reaction. For that matter, Druag was quite sure Ghosts didn't have any muscular diseases at all, if their bodies could even be called muscle.

Druag straightened up and racked his brain. The restroom here was just a cornerstore washroom; he didn't think there was a medicine cabinet in there. He looked over the shelves in passing, at all the many jars and things scattered about. "You wouldn't happen to have Heal Powder or something of the sort here, would you, Mr. Castiel? I can get it for you if you point it out." For him and Silver, really: now that Druag looked again, she seemed to be acting similarly to how he had, himself, when he had been caught by Supersonics, back in the day.

Druag suddenly realized himself. Look at you, taking initiative and asking questions! What do you think you're doing, you idiot? You hardly have the right to speak without being spoken to, you think you get to play interrogator or medic? You're a washed-up hack, Druag, you stand back and wait for directions.

His face twitched involuntarily, ever so slightly, as the unexpected brutality of his inner monologue cut into him. He realized all too freshly that he just might be committing quite the taboo in etiquette, that he was still far out of his element in this whole setting. He stared fixedly at the wall and swallowed dryly, waiting for someone else to say or do something that would let him back out of the limelight. Oh, don't worry. Even if you've made a fool of yourself, it's no good reason to fire you. Too bad, though. It would save them all a lot of trouble if you got yourself booted before they actually had any real work for you to do. You simple oaf.

x5WwVWG.jpg

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years

" My favorite season is autumn, though that's only because I have a bestial addiction to Pumpkin Spice. "
Cicaro the Eleventh
- Shiny Furret -- - Level 23
- Forget-Me-Not Employee (-1)

Today's Achievements
Didn't make the callback for Iago!
Proved that square-cut or pear-shaped, these rocks can still haphazardly cover up your idiocy!
-------- " You can always get away with something if you call it avant garde. "
----------Scientifically, the experience of sound is due to vibrations; perhaps this is why when a person, for example: your boss, says something that really strikes you, the tone reverberates in your psyche long after the fact: maybe there are physical vibrations still bouncing off the walls of your inner ear. Or you're just salty over the fact your lie didn't work out as planned.

----------" Every single one of you will be fired! "

----------Goddamnit, Cicaro thought. Her words smacked his eardrums and dropped into his blood, clotting his veins with frustration. His tail (or his entire lower body, depending your stance on Furret anatomy) slumped unceremoniously to the ground and his frantic, heathen mouth disengaged from spinning falsehoods to instead fall into an unsatisfied grimace. The Furret thought himself clever and felt unappreciated; Amaryllis, instead of "being lead as tenderly by the nose as asses are," took - for once in her life - the least theatrical option available to her.
----------Her motherly veneer and friendly artificiality had been shed, and the emotionally skinned Fairy stood trembling before the sight of her ruined hobby. She was a pure, unadulterated Amaryllis, who despite her employee's claims that he was attacked in a back alley, decided to close her mind and focus on misplaced sand. If not for the fact that these claims were complete fabrications, Cicaro might've been a little more concerned about the health and safety regulations of the store. An undetectable bite hid in Cicaro's voice as he sentimentally said " this is my fault, " to the wind, but loudly enough so that his boss might hear him.
----------And with a reassuring " I'll fix your garden, Amaryllis. I know how important it is to you, " he hopped back inside and grabbed the tilling rake from the supply room.

- Didn't make the callback for Iago!
----------A feeling of aimless resentment crept upon Cicaro as he gently combed back in all the sand he and Sebastian had stolen. He was alone now, sans the sounds of a commotion occurring on the main street that jumped out over the roof. Cicaro assumed that it was getting around to be an actually reasonable time to start prepping for a business day, and that the sounds were excited vendors busily clopping their way down the road to their respective stores. This thought did nothing but make him conscious of all the energy slowly dripping out of his body; the sleep deprivation worsening as every second collected on his skin and weighed him down.
----------In the haze of his exhaustion, Cicaro noticed a small beacon within the sand. He blinked away his grog to catch a better view of the glimmer. Interestingly, there appeared to be several instances of this phenomenon, all grouped near eachother. Taking a glance back at the store to ensure his privacy, Cicaro raked the flickers of light towards himself and kneeled down. Lodged in the sand were tiny gems that passionately shimmered in the soft morning light like evolutionary stones. The bits he found were all a bright, luscious red and presumably once a larger piece: broken up by accident, time, or negligence somewhere along the way.
----------Upon close inspection of area, Cicaro found multiple versions of these colored stones. He had not recalled seeing them before, so they were likely an impulse buy of Amaryllis' that fell out of the realm of her attention. Determined to get something out of this whole ordeal, he snatched up the most complete stones he could find and finished grooming the zen back into the garden.

- Proved that square-cut or pear-shaped, these rocks can still haphazardly cover up your idiocy!
----------Unfortunately, it appeared that another employee had made short work of the project in the time he was fixing his mistake. Cicaro thought of the display as very … homey, yet homely. It made nice use of cheap Christmas decorations - which were obviously out of season and scrappy - but being a fan of visual atrocity, Cicaro grinned in appreciation. Besides, you can always get away with something if you call it avant garde. The tiny blue creature he had seen floating about before was apparently the source of this progress, and currently stood stuffed with pretentiousness announcing " The project, it is done! " to an imaginary audience.
----------The wind chime Pokémon had not yet noticed the Furret's re-entrance, so Cicaro took it upon himself to startle his co-worker by responding: " Cute, yet it doesn't really have the aura of professionalism, does it? " Cicaro sneered, slightly embittered that some overzealous newbie was trying to hog all the opportunity to get a paycheck raise, but attempted to pull it off charismatically.
----------" But maybe a little flashiness could do the trick, hm? " he plotted, letting the creature see a flash of the stones he brought. Without missing a beat, he jumped next to the hanging plants and fiddled with the tinsel and chains; wedging a small bits of rock in it so that they would glitter fabulously when natural light started to pour in from the front windows.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018

Additional Info: None

Benicle the Ninjask

A Couple of Days Earlier...

"Alright, so let's review." The Florges took off her tiny spectacles from the bridge of her little snout as she sat in her swivel chair across from a hovering Ninjask, whom she had let into her office. In her hand she held a filled-out application for the store, Forget-Me-Not. "I have lived in this town for three years now. I know every single resident by name, address, social circle, and voting record--at least, all of the important Pokemon, anyway. And if I don't know somebody, I know someone who does." She stuffed her miniature glasses into her giant mane of flowers before leaning forward with a low-key leer of home truth. "And deary, I don't know anybody who knows you. You didn't even list any references yourself on this application. Your name isn't even on the community watchlist registry. Now, I'm a little hesitant about hiring you because you're such a nobody, but I will make an exception because I think you presented yourself well today and you answered my questions... satisfactorily."

"So when can I start?" Benicle asked patiently.

Amaryllis narrowed her eyes. "Well, we have this big, important date coming up on the weekend that's the talk of the town and something I honestly cannot afford to have go entirely wrong with the mayor and big wigs from other towns showing up. It's the Summer Festival. You may have heard of it unless you live in a hole in the ground, which, well, you know," she said, giving the cicada a once-over. "You are not working that day. I'll schedule your first day of work after I give you orientation tomorrow, that way you at least know where most things are and other essentials. And no, you aren't getting paid for that." She cheerfully clasped her hands as the paper fell to her lap, a perky smile on her face. "So that's about it, dear! Show up at the front door by 7 in the morning and I'll give you a tour before work hours."

When she finished that sentence, Benicle gave Amaryllis a slight bow.

"Thank you for this interview and for accepting me into your business. I look forward to working with you." Benicle said happily.

"Certainly." Amaryllis chirped, and with that, Benicle flew out of the room. He spotted a working Parasect behind the cash register and an awaiting purple Kecleon in line behind the office door, on his way out of the building.

Present

Benicle had gotten up a little earlier than usual. Since he was new, his boss didn't want him working on such an important day where he could mess up. That comment made him very upset, but he kept that to himself as he also didn't want to get fired the very first day not even working. That wouldn't improve the situation he was in, having just arrived in this town with very little supplies. However, despite the not so fun first impression of his boss, Benicle still wanted to please him, so that maybe he would be more pleasant towards him, and also so he could keep the job. So he got up around 6:00 A.M. and started flying around town to get himself awakened and warmed up. After about 10 minutes of that, he decided he was warm enough and flew over to where he was supposed to be working tomorrow. He figured if he could get some insight on how the store works and what he is supposed to do, then maybe he can do that tomorrow and impress his boss.

When he had gotten there, he noticed something peculiar and started witnessing an amazing feat. Running out of the other store, there was... something. He could've sworn he saw a moving stripe when he realized that that had to be one of his coworkers, the Kecleon. He started running a short distance, then stopped and turned around. A moment later, a Mismagius came out from inside the building as well. That has to be the other store's owner.. Binacle thought. Right when the Mismagius exited the door, the Kecleon stuck his big, long tongue out right at the Mismagius. A look of horror appeared on Benicle's face. I thought this was supposed to be a civilized town.. he thought. Why is he fighting? The rest of the events went by relatively fast for Benicle. After the initial horror of the move Lick being used, he got over it and watched from the air as the Mismagius became paralyzed, and a chase after his fellow coworker followed. But probably not for long... Benicle thought. Eventually a pokemon whom Benicle assumed to be a patrol officer or some kind of authority of the town came by in hearing all the commotion. The Pangoro snagged the Kecleon and walked away. Meanwhile, some other pokemon from the other store took the Mismagius into their own store. And just like that, the confrontation was over, and Benicle felt alone in the air.

"Well well well. It looks like I may be needed at the store now." Benicle said aloud to himself as he looked down at the street housing the two shops. However, Benicle started to question himself. Should he actually come down and help out with the shop now? They are now down one member, and it wouldn't hurt to see if they needed help. However, yes it could hurt.

Amaryllis said to stay at home today since she said that she didn't trust him, especially since the festival is an important day and Benicle didn't want to risk getting fired. However, this could also please the Florges even more, earn some good rep with her. Make her see that a Ninjask that came out of the blue can be a good thing. Benicle kept pondering these thoughts while flying in the air for a good bit. Finally, he decided it was worth the risk, since he figured that maybe he could get a job at some other place in this town if this turned out not so great. But if he could earn good rep with Amaryllis he could keep this job for a long time, and maybe over time eventually get a pay raise. With his decision made, Benicle flew down towards the Forget-Me-Not shop.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019

chimecho.gif

Here's the deets:

__
__
Mentions:
The Furret, Amaryllis
__
__
__
[ RED ALERT ]
-------Evil always seemed to rear its head in the most inexplicable of places.

-------The powder-pink, dot-eyed serpent slithered out from an obscure crevice in the shop. Their furry, cold-blooded form darted hastily across the tiling, whiskers twitching as they talked, like a restive Ekans' tongue. And when they talked, venom spilled from their tiny, fang-less mouth like a corrosive fog that encompassed Rina and scalded her.

-------"Cute, yet it doesn't really have the aura of professionalism, does it?"

-------Ow. A patronizing interjection followed by a contemptuous rhetorical question; Rina immediately caught onto the indirect abuse, just as the serpentine beast horrified her further. She noticed now them hoarding shards of sparkling stone and, alone, that was enough to get her shuddering and blubbering:

-------"No, wait! Do not-- You can not-- No, no, no, no, no!"

-------They were tussling with the plants. Why were they tussling with the plants? The stones in the chains… oh, no, this was horrendous. The stone-shards looked fantastic but this was a catastrophe. Rina, the poor tragic heroine, had been usurped from nowhere by a malevolent complicator. What had she done to deserve any of it? She was a straight-A Language student at school and hadn't personally set a vendetta on anyone that had not truly deserved it. Why were the good always shackled with bad?

-------The pale-faced Chimecho was utterly taken aback, bewildered, apoplectic with rage, so much so that it stiffened the subtle muscles in her amorphous frame and left her shivering, stuttering mess for a few second's time.

-------There were a number of things Rina could do at this moment as her masterpiece was indiscriminately sabotaged by the snake. The Torkoal statue was too heavy to move but the glass globes could be tipped over strategically to at least break their spine. Telekinetically squeezing their brain would give them a migraine—not that she was sure how to do it—but screaming loud enough might pop their eardrums. She could strangle them with her tail. The ideas were plenty and many overwhelming to the point where Rina inwardly knew she was never going to act on any of them, only watch on the verge of the tears as the villain ruined her, ruined everything.

-------All this creature's "hmm"'s and questions Rina understood she was not supposed to answer… she would think they were actually possessed by her gaseous, nettlesome father who was always putting his spindly fingers over her things and jumped at every opportunity to correct her "mistakes". He confronted her with very slight authority but his passive-aggressiveness was objectively worst.

-------There was the time with the Reaper Cloth that Rina had wanted to invent a device to directly smash a Haunter's skull. It was a month or two ago when his ghastly family had come over—there was always family over—and her other little Gastly cousin Stephen had thought it mighty clever to imbue some spiritual energy into his mother's handkerchief, as a prank. Rina had thought it equally funny then and knew exactly how to haunt that cloth but then, from the kitchen, had appeared her father.

-------"Oh, Rina, dear, you've no knowledge on how to create a Reaper Cloth, do you? Come, Stephen, I'll show you to the correct procedure!"

-------'Correct procedure'. That pompous puff of spectral gas, unrealistically underestimating her. As if she had never intended a private school consisting, mainly, of Ghosts years before. If he did not continually surround her with his exasperating, ancient relatives. He was practically transmogrifying her into one of his kin, yet pushed her away in situations like these where she had a chance to prove her knowledge.

-------Sick of the mistreatment, Rina schemed quickly. As Stephen was lectured on the "perfect" Reaper Cloth, the Chimecho had swept off to the kitchen where Aunt Morrigan was jabbering with the adults, spectrally supporting a drink. According to Rina's story, her father was doing the most dastardly of things, having stolen Little Timothy's Reaper Cloth and presenting it pridefully in the living room. Morrigan was understandably horrified; pranks were a given amidst so many jokes but Little Timothy the underdeveloped Dusclops was strictly off-limits. And, sure enough, as the two hurried from the kitchen, they saw the "perfect" Reaper Cloth dangling from the Haunter's claws.

-------It was truly a sight to behold. Aunt Morrigan nearly set the house aflame with a Mystical Fire, and Rina had never seen her father move so fast. The priceless look of dread, the perpetual, jagged grin turned into a gaping frown, brought a smile to Rina's face for the rest of the night.

-------In that moment of recollection, Rina reached an epiphany once more. In case of antagonism, she had two options: to stand there, wailing and wanting, or to turn the aggressor's actions against themselves. Why were the good always shackled with bad? She answered this now; because evil needed to be vanquished by someone.

-------So she cried, next, with increased volume:

-------"Oh, how could you do this all! You are trashing the hard-worked-on project! But, are these things from the secret stash of Amaryllis!? And broken as well too!?"

Last edited:

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Forget-Me-Not
6:27 AM | Supply Room

L3aLOsZ.png

Unaware of just how long she had been standing there, Amaryllis had wedged herself into the corner of the Supply Room, her snout pressed up against where the two walls met, her arms clamped to her sides, a mess of petals dressing the floor immediately around her. She was poised with posture as perfect as a Florges' could be, clearly an attempt to keep up her crumbling appearance as she continued to tremble from the shock of her own raw emotion. She was planted there, everything else around her utterly blocked out as she mumbled to herself in a voice made to imitate a mother's comfort. She was saying such things as "It's never your fault if other people utterly ruin everything you ever stand for in every way ever", "Give me your vogue face, Mary. Give it to me, dammit", and "If you died today, everyone in the world would come to your funeral because you are smart and beautiful".

After minutes of trying to placate herself, just as she had calmed down to the point of saving face and was ready to emerge from the corner, she heard a cry from the distinctly foreign voice of her dubbed 'problem child' employee. Rina the Chimecho had shouted that the project was, of all things, finished.

By her one? Oh no, I don't know if I can take one more disappointment...

She took a deep breath as she laid her hands on her heart. She was truly hesitant, and took another minute before finally uprooting herself from her safe space to take a stride for the door. But then she stopped herself, as if doubt had caught her by the lower limb. She tried to make an excuse for herself as she glanced around the storage room, now empty of any other living creature. Her eye caught her personal Mismagius statuette that she so often took to beating in her downtime. She glanced at the door to the main floor and the closed exit to the zen garden to make sure no one was watching, before she scooped up the clay figure and hoisted it back on the shelf, pushing it behind boxes of previously-thought inconspicuous wares, although she figured that Samuel would be too dense to recall where he found it from to dig it back up again.

And then there was another shout.

This time, Rina was screaming on about the project being trashed, but even worse--

"WHO STOLE MY BOOK?! IT'S ONLY FOR THE COMMITTEE; YOU'D BETTER PUT IT BACK!"

The Florges with all her deceptive might flung open the metal door of the Supply Room wide open as she flew right out of there, a raging panic set on her face as she feared the worst: someone had sneaked into the Manager's Office, busted open the padlock on the bottom left drawer of her vanity, and figuring the secret compartment they found--

Wait. The Office is locked.

It took her a second, but just when the realization hit her that all of this was impossible considering the cast of employees in her midst, her expression blew over with a breeze as she now forced a light chuckle. Although, her stare was as deriding as ever, casting it upon the accusing wind chime and then the finagling pink stole in the immediate vicinity. Something finally struck her as her tunnel vision widened.

"... What...?" She took a few deliberate steps forward, the look on her face subdued to a slight puzzlement, not tainted by any detectable negative emotion but neither could it readily be called awe. She looked over the scene before her. The entire arrangement of the project--the gaudy glitz of the traditionally Christmastime decoration with the added sparkle of shard rock shoehorned about, the orb of glass set atop of a turtle statue and the possibly strategically littered paper pieces all about it--Amaryllis was taking it all in. She sat herself down in the allocated bean bag chair that was atop the area-defining rug. Pensively, she laid her one hand on her knee and the other atop the glass orb in front of her. "... Who did this...?"

Spirited Away
6:27 AM | Main Floor

EtbhL2l.png

Hearing Druag's concern first and foremost at least comforted the Mismagius, who sat atop the counter like a folded rag.

"Thank you, Druag. It seems like you're the first to notice that I'm rather unusually sitting here like a piece of used tissue, and it's quite uncomfortable." He had surprised himself a little with how easily he was able to get out that sentence, but his body reminded him of his affliction with another restrictive grip all about his body, and he let out a pained groan. "Please... yes, I do sell Heal Powder. It's... where all the herbal packets are... the aisle over, beside the hair tonics. Get four, two for me, two for Silver, she... well... look, I'll just pay for--Aaaugh!" He winced from the wave of pain that worked its way down his body again. He gave one cough before forcing a small, self-contemptuous chuckle. "... I was wondering when the pain would kick in and force me to quit gabbing for so long. Thank you, Druag, for attending to me in my paralysis."

Druag earned +1 Favor!
Thank you for attending to Castiel in his paralysis!

"And to answer everyone's questions," he continued with a droning tone, "Yes, it was the Kecleon. I got Licked by the tubby little thing... Now that, that didn't hurt me, but lucky me, this was the one time it managed to leave me utterly paralyzed... Ugh, I can still feel the way it felt on me... It's like when you find yourself leaking cytoplasmic goop and you get it on the end of your cloak... and it brushes up against you... and..."

Castiel took a deep breath to blow away the distressing memories, thought it only brought about a paralytic shudder. It was equally as distracting.

"Back to the story... Silver hadn't followed my order not to follow me, and so when I had resorted to using Confuse Ray on the little bugger... well, you can just look at her now and see how that turned out for her." He closed his eyes as he sternly, almost tiredly stressed, "When I tell you not to do something, you follow directions."

Silver was dealt a Reprimand!
When he tells you, you follow directions.

"You have to understand... It's for everyone's safety. I can handle these things by myself... one way or another..." He twitched from an involuntary movement, a timely cue of his condition. "Urgh... This is just an inconvenience. I could have made it back on my own as well, really. But..." He paused. A soft, otherworldly light glowed from what could be seen of the amber gem on his chest, and his entire form was very thinly lined with a mauve aura. With a furrowed brow of intense concentration and what sounded like labored breath, the Mismagius began to levitate a few inches off of the counter, although this power was not steady, and he looked more like a blanket was being tugged up on a pulley by a struggling stagehand than anything. He soon let out a grunt from the effort and came flopping down back onto the counter with the physics of a rag doll.

"... It's a strain, carrying myself. At least... when I don't have the proper breathing technique... to sustain me. So, it was a good thing Gabriel happened to be crossing the street... to pick me up... And Silver, too...

"And since Gabriel here just couldn't wait to spill the dirt on what he found out... about that seedy, weedy store across the street... so much so that he dropped everything--including me--to rave on about it, I will say... that Goro happened to come across the commotion... and arrested the Kecleon thanks to Gabriel's goading. If that lizard was truly a mafioso for that middle-aged miscreant, we've at least taken her down a peg.

"Speaking of, Gabriel, for all your... reconnaissance, you've given us the edge on our competition."

Gabriel earned +2 Favor!
You've successfully completed the Mission!

"Now," he finally breathed, "Can someone turn me so I can face the project... and tell me who did what so I know who to praise and who to chastise? Preferably the former."

Years
Absol%2BOutline.png

SILVER

Silver groaned slightly as she was rather unceremoniously dumped on the floor. It felt like all her body was rebelling against her refusing to move. Every so often one of her muscles would spasm and cramp. Paralysis and confusion were the worst, she decided, of all of the various statuses she could be infected with. At least you could somewhat fight through the others, but to not even have your own body obey you felt dreadful.

She was vaguely aware of the others talking around her, although she didn't really pay attention to them. Instead she tried to focus her own body, trying to fight her limbs to get them to obey her commands. Deeps breaths helped, slowly relaxing the muscles and getting her body under control. Her head still swam, but she was aware enough by then to hear Castiel's reprimand. "When I tell you not to do something, you follow directions. In indignation she struggled unsteadily to her feet. She stood for a good few seconds before her head swam again and she saw three of everything spinning in her vision.

With a sigh she braced her body against the side of a table. Despite everything, she didn't regret following Castiel. When the Keckleon had licked him, he had been obviously in need of some help. If only he hadn't used his confusion attack, she could have helped her boss. She could have done it, she knew she could have. But everything had gotten messed up instead, and now her boss had yelled at her for her mistake. She had only been trying to help, and he had definitely needed help…

It only made it worse to hear Castiel praise Gabriel for his help as well. He hadn't done any more than she had, all he did was complain to Goro and carry them back. She shook her head disappointed at herself. It was unfair, but there wasn't anything she could do about it, and complaining about the situation wouldn't help anything. Determined, she forced herself back to her feet, refusing to depend on anything for help. I can do this, she thought. "I don.." she slurred off. Swallowing, she tried again slightly stronger, "I'm fine, I don't need any powder." Her knees still felt shaky, but she was determined to show that she was fine, that she could keep going.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
Years
After successfully completing the project to her own personal satisfaction, her thoughts of triumph were interrupted by the entrance of the boss, Silver and Gabriel. She turned to face them, noticing that Castiel lay crumpled in a heap with the exclamation that the three were indeed back. It appears that Silver had seemed a bit befuddled, being a bit shaky on her legs and looking a bit out of it. From where she was standing, adjacent to the completed stand, Blair walked over to Silver and the rest of the gang, hoping to have some light shed on what crazy, stupid thing that Blair mentally would have rolled her eyes at.

Whilst Gabriel attended to the boss, he explained his spying, that of the competition and them building some sort of relaxation place or something like that. Blair really wasn't paying attention, since, barring the wellbeing of the boss, she didn't really care. As long as there was business for everyone and she was getting paid, however minimally, Blair didn't care for the petty rivalry between the two stores. Begrudgingly, however, she did have to admit that Gabriel's reconnaissance was fairly impressive. Perhaps it's why he was chosen over him for the mission, though she couldn't stay mad if it meant the opportunity to work with magic extensively back at the store.

Whilst Blair listened to the gang talk about their run in with the Kecleon, Druag came over to attend to his boss. Just as well, since Blair wasn't the sort of person to tactfully deal with someone in normal circumstances, let alone as an injured Pokemon in need of assistance. After Druag walked to one of the aisles to get some Heal Powder, Castiel congratulated Gabriel for successfully completing the mission, saying how they gained valuable reconnaissance from it. After congratulating him for his role in the busy day, Castiel turned to the remainder of the crew and asked, "Now, can someone turn me so I can face the project... and tell me who did what so I know who to praise and who to chastise? Preferably the former."

In relative eagerness, Blair chimed in, "Well...in the end, I did come around and helped pitching that tent thing and some of the design. It's great to work with magic! I mean, how could anyone not enjoy, it's just so cool!" With a sheepish grin, she added, "And, uh, these guys helped too of course, Druag got us some materials and Errol helped pick out the crystal ball." Because of how eager she was at the moment, she forgot all about her demeanor regarding her coworkers and simply let her mind wander to all the good times she's had with magic with a wistful expression on her face, both as a wee Fennekin and as a performer.

Orx of Twinleaf

Branch into Psyche
Years
Druag
Having been pointed toward the Heal Powder, Druag had begun searching about on the shelf with the various hair products, his frame relaxing now as he escaped the center of attention. He looked about on the shelf at the various herbal liquids, and wondered if indeed the majority of Pokémon had hair or fur. He knew the majority of humans did, but didn't know if it was quite as profitable to sell hair products in their absence.

He found the Heal Powders in small single-use plastic jars with twist-off tops being marketed as "Auntie Arba's Herb Products: Powdered Purifier for Oral Use" with a small line drawing of a Sudowoodo on the label. Druag was inclined to assume it to be human fanciness that kept it from just being called Heal Powder like it ought to be, but he was forced to remember humans had been gone from these parts for a long time, and it could well have been a Pokémon--perhaps the very Sudowoodo on the label--that had decided to dress it up like that. He smiled wryly as he asked himself if there was any sort of Heal Powder that you didn't take orally, and if indeed it sold half as well as the normal sort.

Castiel had asked for two each for himself and Silver even though Druag was pretty sure double-dosing the stuff didn't do anything but ease a paranoid mind that didn't trust the first dose. Nevertheless, Druag trusted Castiel's judgement over his own: maybe Auntie Arba diluted her blend and each of these jars was only equivalent of a half-dose or something.

"I don ..." was the low slur that Druag managed to pick up for its sounding nothing like the normal speech the others were employing. He glanced over to where Silver was evidently trying to wave off the medicine, but her posture betrayed her, and Druag was inclined to ignore the rest of her dismissal. He remembered of a sudden that that must have been how he himself had seemed to the crotchety old Ambipom that had operated on him all that time ago.

Druag had been determined to crawl back out to the caves as soon as he came-to, to try and dig her back up, but the nurses had called for the good Doctor Gramsulle who, through a combination of verbal scolding and liberal use of mystery syringes, knocked Druag back down. And he had done it several times, too. Druag wouldn't stay down. Finally, the Doc had let him go, crawling and oozing, all the way back to the cave.

The Doc had followed Druag the whole way, and let him hurl himself at the unmoving rocks for hours and hours before he was finally ready to go back to the Center and be seen to. Druag had never quite forgiven that monkey, and hadn't seen him since. It was only ever nurses who saw to him when he went in for check-ups, and the pharmacy was run by different Pokémon completely.

Now, seeing Silver stubbornly try to dismiss medicine in this different and yet not-so-different of situations made Draug feel a little wretched. That guy saved your life, Druag, and you were inches from biting his head off for it. Gratitude never was your strong suit, was it? You simple oaf. He resolved to try and look the fellow up one of these days, and thank him properly. I'm sure the fee was thanks enough, Druag. He snorted dismissively.

Cradling four of the jars against his chest, he returned to the front of the store and set them upon the counter. He twisted the tops off of them so no one else would have to--Auntie Arba had sealed the things tight--and stopped himself from trying to feed it to Castiel. He's not invalid, Druag, he can do that himself. He left two jars by his boss and placed two on the floor where Silver could reach them. Hopefully she wasn't stubborn enough to continue refusing the stuff now that it was opened and presented: no putting it back on the shelf now.

Castiel had demanded to be caught up to speed, and Blair was just finishing her own summary of their actions. Druag didn't really have anything of substance to add to that, but Castiel's demeanor necessitated a response from each of them, regardless. "Right," he said, leaving Castiel and Silver to their medicine, "Ms. Blair and"--use his name--"Mr. Errol decorated the stand after they had me help put up the tent. I've almost finished sweeping, now, just have to get behind the counter."

Come to think of it, now was probably a good time to do that. He moved past Gabriel and Silver and retrieved the broom and dustpan and wastebasket from where he had left them against the counter, nearer the entrance. He took his trio of tools and moved behind the counter. This would only take him a minute, surely.

As he swept together the pile of dust and debris that had accumulated--sweeping right up against the door to Castiel's office but not even considering going in there (probably carpeted anyway, really)--he noticed the green marks on his chest: the wax from handling the candles. It was quite dry now, and he scraped it off with his claws and swept it up with the rest of the dirt before emptying it into the wastebasket. "That'll do it, then," he said to himself as he moved out of behind the counter and returned the wastebasket to its original position.

"I'll put the broom away," he said to whoever might care about that, only having just remembered to dismiss himself properly and not just limp away in silence. Having made the short and by now redundant trip back to the storeroom, he placed the broom and its dustpan back where it belonged, right next to the mop and bucket and some other third thing with a bulky body and an electric cord coiled up and hung neatly on a clamp at its handle.

He happened to catch the feather duster in his peripheral as he turned to join the others. Eyeing it, he called out from where he was: "Ought I take the duster around now, Mr. Castiel?"

x5WwVWG.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018

Additional Info: None

Benicle the Ninjask

Benicle was zipping through the air at an extraordinary speed other pokemon dream of. His white wings were beating so fast that they looked like a blur. It didn't take long to come upon the small little corner store known as Forget-Me-Not. Benicle slowed down and his wings became distinct again as he stopped in between the two stores. The store I work at sure looks nicer than that place over there. I chose the right store... Benicle thought, flying over to one of the windows. Peeking around, he noticed his boss admiring... Something. Her face at first showed a look of puzzlement, which according to Benicle turned into a look of shock and amazement. Benicle followed her movements as Amaryllis steadily trotted over to the bean bags, where she placed herself on one of the bean bag chairs. Amaryllis placed a hand on her knee and another of what Benicle now found out to be some sort of orb. Honestly, Benicle wasn't for certain that Amaryllis was happy about this. But he put together that she would've had a different reaction if Amaryllis was actually mad. Benicle saw her speak something, but unfortunately, he didn't know how to read lips. Benicle decided that this was as good as time as any to make his entrance, considering that Amaryllis seemed calm right now and seemed happy and in a decent mood. Benicle opened the door and flew in.

Just like last time he was in here, the mood inside the store felt nice. The atmosphere felt cheerful, as if the store had emotions and was giving off this emotion of happiness. The wall colors helped with that too. It was painted with bright, friendly colors that give off a nice feel to the room. The store also had a nicer smell than outside. Outside, you got all sorts of nasty smells, with garbage cans around each corner and whatnot. In Forget-Me-Not, it smells really nice in here, like an aroma, or as if someone painted the walls with a nice-smelling candle. Either way, it smelled nice here and overall, Benicle felt really happy just flying in.

Another thing Benicle noticed, or didn't notice, were the amount of workers surrounding Amaryllis. Surely, he would've thought, that the employees here would be more spread out, working on more things at once.. But maybe she told them to come near. Whatever, it doesn't matter. Benicle thought. I just gotta worry about me.

Benicle slowly flew up to Amaryllis, being careful not to accidentally run into his boss, controlling his speed. Now right above and behind Amaryllis, he decided to speak. However, he started stuttering. He didn't know what he was going to say.

"Hi, er uh... Boss. I know I'm uh... Not supposed to be here." Benicle started. "But! I have reasoning behind why I'm here." From this point on, Benicle started speaking really fast and clearly, but in a run-on sentence. "You see, I got up early so I could see what went on in the store so I could imitate it when i started tomorrow so I have been watching what you guys have been doing since around 5:50 or something like that and so when I was watching I saw one of the coworkers out in the other store doing some shady stuff and I was thinking, Hey! What is he doing over there? But then I realized that maybe you sent him and so I kept watching and he was running away from something and then he turned around and stuck his tongue out at the Mismagius then he started running away again and lots of people kept chasing him and then the Mismagius sent out some sort of ray to confuse our Kecleon and then the big scary guard came around and took Kecleon after he kept spitting into the Pangoro's eye and then those two disappeared and then I looked over to the other shop and I saw the Mimsagius paralyzed or something as he was shaking out of control and there was another pokemon that I think maybe is one of their coworkers looked very disoriented and dizzy like it got hit with a Confuse Ray and so they took the injured Mismagius and other pokemon into their store and disappeared and so I was like, Hey! Maybe I can be helpful since that Pangoro who seemed like a police officer or something took the Kecleon away so I flew over here to help and here I am. Look on the bright side! Your rival is hurt and in distress!" Benicle finished.

Last edited:

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years

xz4kIYa.png

Click here to view Errol's application!

64S6gIx.png
Held Item: Deck of Cards
Errol the Qwilfish​
E2DWoAx.png
"Perfect!" Errol chimed. "Now I'll see how the project looks from the counter, like you said, mister Druag." He quickly rolled over to the counter and, using the same tail-springing technique (which he had gotten quite good at) he jumped onto the counter to assess the entire tent. Errol puffed up happily as he looked at it. "Wow, it does look very-"

"We're… back!"

Errol jumped up as the new arrival startled him, causing him to almost fall off the counter in fear. He soon calmed down as realized it had only been Gabriel - the latter carrying two other store employees, Silver and Castiel.

"Put... me...on... the coun-ter..." Castiel hissed, having been put on the ground rather unceremoniously.

Errol looked in shock at his paralyzed boss, unsure what to do. "Oh no! Mister Castiel, what happened?" he asked, still looking over at his boss worriedly on the counter. He listened as the Mismagius explained he had been attacked by a Kecleon - the one he had seen earlier - and that the Pokemon had paralyzed him. I remember being paralyzed once... when that very mean Goldeen body slammed me in battling class. Errol thought.

After Castiel sent out Druag to fetch some healing powder, he reprimanded Silver, which Gabriel had brought in with him. Speaking of whom, the Weavile seemed nice enough, but he had always scared Errol a little. Maybe it was the dark-typeness, or the fact he was oddly muscular for a Pokemon that was meant to be stealthy. It was pretty ironic, considering the fact the talking ghost and the terrifying dragon didn't scare him at all.

"Now, can someone turn me so I can face the project... and tell me who did what so I know who to praise and who to chastise?" Castiel asked. Both Blair and Druag answered; Errol was still quite surprised at Blair's eagerness.

"It was a very good team effort, mister Castiel!" the young Qwilfish said. "Blair and Druag did very good work! I... think I helped, too."

He looked at the project, which seemed quite impressive for an improvised fortune telling stand. "I think the customers will really love the stand!" Errol said energetically. "We should try and advertise it when we open up, too."

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019

chimecho.gif

Here's the deets:

__
__
* Collabs: *
Collector Elwood; Cicaro
__
Mentions:
Amaryllis, Benicle
__
__
Status: Bewildered by some unexpected behavior ↪ annoyed by a rude interruption
__
[ quirky coworkers ]
-------Oh, Cicaro thought, once the wind chime had finished vomiting an ostentatious threat for everyone to hear. Oh; I see. An unrecognizable feeling took its hand and wiped Cicaro's face clean, erasing his last expression and then penciling in a plain, emotionless mug. One would think he had transformed into stone had he not turned his head towards Amaryllis when she barged into the main room shouting about something or other.

-------Unlike her companion, Rina automatically reacted to Amaryllis' entrance, loudly, almost trembling in her shrill exclamation. Recognize me, recognize me.

-------Her slithering competition was expected to open their jowls as well, and she appeared to have beaten him to the punch, but as Rina regarded her long, pink coworker with a backwards-thrown glare, she recognized his strange lack of contempt. No sense of rivalry lingered on their face, no returning sneer or jeer or anything of the sort to imply what his earlier actions had so strongly implied.

-------The Chimecho was promptly puzzled, but turned to Amaryllis now as if she'd never acknowledged the Furret at all, reflecting instead on her recent display of rashness. Forget-Me-Not's manager had her own way of doing things, Rina abstractly concluded, and she considered now that the Florges' whispered inquiry could have a number of meanings. Was that truly awe? She could have simply misheard apathy or disgust.

-------"U-um, me for most of the part… If you do like it… Or do not…" Her attempt to pacify the potential blow was coming out too obscurely for the Chimecho's own good so she let her mouth close and mind whirl as she took to brainstorming excuses for why, maybe, the project wasn't all her hard work…

-------Rina could not help the need to sneak another quick glance over the Furret who still stood, so suspiciously forbearing, in the corner with her.

-------Cicaro's mind had been preoccupied during Rina's struggle. A fit of spite had tried to conjure within him, but that feeling was immediately doused. In its absence, another impulse was birthed, this time vocally: "This girl has very impressive instincts," he said to his boss.

-------Without hesitation, a new life seized the muscles in Cicaro and propelled him to walk to Rina's side. "I was so preoccupied fixing that vandal's mess outside that it looks like I missed helping this new employee out, but she's done a lovely job, hasn't she?"

-------Cicaro flashed a charming smile to each of the 'women'. "We had a few concerns though," he mentioned, "all that screaming was us getting a bit too worried - after everything's that happened, we were curious if some of this stuff was off limits to use?" The Furret offered the remaining stones in his hand to Amaryllis and gestured to the project as a whole.

-------Rina was floored. The Chimecho didn't look it but her eyes, more or less, felt wild and stretched farther than physically possible as she spun around to stare at the Furret yet again. She searched him, briefly, for a sense of slyness, but he was as unreadable as ever.

-------She gave in. Facing Amaryllis with an equally-innocent smile, she nodded blindly as the Furret approached with his chips of colorful stone. "What he said, she conveyed, no matter what he actually said, for it sounded accusatory enough--

-------Oh, but then someone else! Another coworker, this far in already? Talking right at Amaryllis at a pell-mell pace that nearly matched the speed of the rapid wings on their back.

-------Rina was exasperated. The interruption was only derailing the situation further. The Florges' response was so close, she imagined she could smell it past the flowery Forget-Me-Not fragrances, and this impetuous insect was just re-angling the spotlight to illuminate the wrong 'mon.

-------"Please excuse me!" she cried over his buzzing. "But Miss Amaryllis was very near to addressing the project area!" And, as emphasis, she made a sweeping movement that positioned herself between the Ninjask and maned manager.

Last edited:

Xtrashy

Shy - Like really shy, super shy, like, extra shy.
Years
Spora was going to tell her boss about the events she had just witnessed outside, but it soon became apparent to her that she should probably wait a few moments on that. From whatever project thing getting done to the Ninjask that had come into the store, it was quite apparent that she should still her voice for the time being. Besides, she was far less interested in inserting herself into whatever mess was currently evolving right in front of her with every one seemingly shouting and speaking. It was just a cluster of all the things she didn't care about right this moment, and she could go on for a few more moments still not caring about any of those things, so care she would not. At least for now, besides, she wanted to see how what was in front of her was going to play out anyway, that and everyone seemed to be getting so worked up over it, that kind of stress just wasn't good for you in the long run you know. Not to mention it's not like she had anything to do with whatever that was anyway, all she remembered doing was putting up streamers, or lamps, one of the two, she couldn't remember at the moment.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Gabriel
Inner Monologues and Thoughts

Gabriel couldn't help but flash as smirk as his boss praised his sneaky actions. Who said that living a shady life couldn't help with some parts of legal employment? He felt… proud. He always did whenever someone higher on a chain of power complimented his hard work. As he basked in the compliment for exactly the next five seconds he
heard his boss already talking about the project the others were supposed to have been working on while he attended to his own duties. Gabriel glanced over at the project, nodding in approval at the sight of the tent that had been erected. "Hey, not bad guys." He commented. "It looks cool to me."

He glanced over at the counter, not able to help but grimace again as he saw that slimy pufferfish hanging out in his bowl. From day one Gabriel had formed contempt for the water-type, not because he was better than Gabriel or anything, but because he was so mediocre. There were plenty of times where the fish should have been rightfully fired and tossed out on the street. Gabriel had to work his own ass off to keep this job and even more so to wake up early to get here and do his duties. Sure, he hadn't been here longer than most of the others, but Errol was rather pathetic in the Weavile's eyes. Not only was he late most days, but he barely did anything.

Yeah, hanging out in a bowl on the counter suuuuure was hard work! The fish was better suited as being a part of an aquarium or something, not working in a store. Gabriel was ready to bet with his any of his fellow employees that Errol had been late this day too. And here he was, still a full time employee. The thing was Gabriel couldn't just go up and sneer at the fish all the time, nor tell him of how lowly he thought of him. Castiel was rightfully afraid of being sued for disability discrimination. Gabriel had heard of snooty parents using their children as excuses to sue others for so much as looking at their kid the wrong way, and he was in no financial position to be hiring a lawyer. And so his contempt was once more hidden away in a deep dark part of his mind.

"Ought I take the duster around now, Mr. Castiel?"

And then there was Druag. Honestly, Gabriel had NO idea what was up with the dragon. The oddest thing was that dragons tended to be prideful creatures, mon who could easily rip up another with their claws and jaws. Yet, here he was stooping lower than Castiel, always addressing him with respect. The last dragon Gabriel had seen had been in the last city he had fled from, and that one was not as nice as Druag. In a manner, the kindness of Druag made Gabriel just the tiniest bit paranoid. The whole 'nice' attitude he was pulling off had to be phony, dragons didn't just stoop and bend to another's whim, and they certainly didn't aim to work in a lowly merchant's store. Then again, Gabriel didn't want to chance making Druag angry. So he kept his mouth shut and his nose out of the dragon's business.

"Well… if the project is finished, is there anything else I can do, boss?" He asked Castiel as he leaned against a wall. "We know what they are making now, so maybe we could make something that rivals their relaxation project? If we can one up them in that department, we'll at least be able to drive customers to our door instead of theirs, right?"

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Forget-Me-Not
6:32 AM | Main Floor

L3aLOsZ.png

As Amaryllis gazed on at the stuttering Chimecho, she noticed that Rina wore a thimble wedged onto her little stumpy limb. It was the badge of a working crafstwoman, undoubtedly. Her own confirmation was corroborated when Cicaro spoke.

"This girl has very impressive instincts," came the reply. It somewhat threw Amaryllis off guard, honestly, perhaps because of the wording of the statement. She hadn't thought much about her employee's innate sense of design and direction before. She had figured that had the store all worked together, something passable would have come about as she lorded her own input to keep things to her vision.

Ycnh3e3.png

But this, she observed: the stanchion entrance of stands and gazing globes all connected by shiny ribbon, the potted plants and glittering tinsel and shard of rocks; making use of a dusty rug she had thrown under the checkout counter with the intent to trash it, and the central gazing globe that sat perfectly atop a hole in a clay Torkoal, whose feet had glitter, snowflake confetti, and little bells around it. And on the wall behind them, hanging on a near-empty shelf where vases used to be, with the potpourri streamers Spora had hanged earlier on either side, was a decorated wreath of shiny ribbon and a wind chime. It was a focal point that, in a way, tied it all together as soon as one enters the store and looks straight ahead.

And still, Cicaro went on from a compliment to concern, as he took on an air of responsibility to address the matter of use without permission. This appeal, somehow, had put her closer to ease.

"Oh," she began, her voice sounding unburdened now in this state of recovery, "Cicaro, it's always so nice to see other employees concerned for each other. And I apologize for earlier, that awful experience outside must have been so tragic for you, being roughed up like that, and still here you are, after having fixed the damages, you come by and try to assist our newer employee." She held her little hands to her heart as she charmingly canted her head. "You are both responsible and mentoring."

Cicaro earned +2 Favor!
Amaryllis is warmed by your appeal to your fellow 'mon!

"But nothing that was used here was off-limits. Oh no. I wanted you all to use what you could, and I just have to say to you Rina," she said, as she turned her attention to the anticipating amorphous object, "that I'm speechless."

She locked her stare on Rina as she made a sweeping gesture, "Everything here. The glitz, these little accents here like these tiny paper... snowflake confetti. Everything is just--"

Just as she was going to give her verdict, she heard only a second of buzzing before a voice had her jump with a shriek.

Clamping onto her mouth with a shaken embarrassment, she twisted around in her beanbag chair to see none other than her newly hired employee, Benicle the Ninjask. She stared on with a daze as he said something or other, and then her anxiety exponentially rose with every word he spat in those split seconds. Just as she was about to react, Rina, utterly strung up by the interloper, wove herself right in between the Florges and the Ninjask, and shouted for a demand in silence to let her boss address her work.

It was a tense second, but afterwards, Amaryllis cleared her throat, flounced up her floral hair to give it a little more body, turned up her nose and corrected her posture.

"... Everyone," she said plainly, turning back to her audience and extending her hand in presentation, "This is a newly-hired employee. Ehm... Barnicle, I believe. A Ninjask."

Then she turned and faced away from them all, hands cupped and tone modified as she metaphorically donned her businesswoman hat. Hurriedly she added, "I'm sure what Barney here has to say is very important, but he will just have to say it over breakfast. And, Rina," she started as she made her way around the checkout counter, hips bumping side to side in a bouncy step, "Customers may as well step into a magazine."

Rina earned +3 Favor!
Amaryllis is greatly impressed by your work!

As she approached the single door behind the counter marked with a Manager Only sign, she plucked out of sculpted mane a key, with which she quickly unlocked the door and slipped in.

She was away for a few minutes, but upon her return, she stopped the room with a reentry that would be well-received by some.

"Gather around, everyone," she called, her voice piqued with a musical trill. It seemed some time in the Office had her collect herself, if just a little bit. "Get the other bean chairs from the corner and huddle around the project area. We're going to be having breakfast because, well, it's just a nice break from setting up for today, and we all need the energy. And mind the crumbs."

As she made her way around the counter and out onto the open space of the floor, everyone now could clearly see the little metal trolley she was pushing. On the trolley's top and bottom shelves were two tin trays, with their edges and handles in the shape of elegant florets. On the top tray was a porcelain tea pot full and empty matching cups, their designs a very light and subtle etching of a lace-like pattern. Beside them was a tall, capped jar of Moomoo milk, saucers, and a stack of empty bowls with forks and spoons bundled in napkins right beside. On the bottom tray sat a little basket of colorful muffins, a small jar of honey, a plate of yellow sponge cake, a bowl of berry salad, packets of sealed shortbread crackers, and a plate of the unusually large halves of soft-boiled eggs.

She parked the trolley in front of the counter and clasped her hands, giving a little smile.

"Here we are!~ Come and mange, dearies. Sit and have a little pow-wow over tea."

Spirited Away
6:32 AM | Main Floor

EtbhL2l.png

Laying on his side, he leered up to see Druag deliver the two minuscule vials of Heal Powder. He said nothing as he stared at the topless vials in front of him, standing there for the armless Ghost to tend to himself. He blinked, and as if they were taken aback, the vials both toppled over, conveniently spilling their contents into his tall collar.

Behind the stiff pink cloak, Castiel was saved the embarrassment of having his employees watch him lick at the fine and silky, yet bitter medicine. When he finished forcing it down, he only lifted his head to peer at the project his employess had constructed in his absence. No one had turned him around to fully face it as he had asked. Herbal medicines didn't work instantly, after all. As his employees passed around the circle their modesty in their part for the project, the Mismagius looked over the stand.

f5rM3M4.png

"Alright," he began, "So from what I can see from this angle, this has turned out to be rather nice, actually. Though the scent is a little heady, the peppermint candles will give a nice, mysterious underlight for the teller. And it looks like someone found a stash of those cheap, amethyst necklaces, and linked them together for a long, elegant decoration. Not to mention these jars glitter beautifully with the gem dust imbued into the clay. The table looks a little bare, but the swath that is this knitted, navy blue table cloth you've used as a tent does the job, regardless." He ceased craning his neck, as he felt a strain in doing so. Remarkably, he was able to get through an evaluation without the restriction of paralysis, which only meant that the Heal Powder was working, and fast-acting too. One could attribute it to his thin, spectral form being able to absorb potent substances quickly. It was why he stayed away from fermented Berry Juice.

"Overall," he said, with a smile in his eyes, "You all did a very good job working together to bring this to a head. I'm proud of you."

Blair, Errol, and Druag each earned +2 Favor!
Castiel is impressed with the fruit of your teamwork!

"Druag," he addressed the slighted dragon, "You asked to dust. You've no need to right now. Take a break, you've all just finished your projects. In fact," Without breaking his characteristically cool demeanor, he rolled right off of the counter, dropping out of sight right behind it. After a second, the ragged tip of his head slowly peeked over the edge, and then shaded under his brim came his deadpan eyes. It appeared that Castiel had gained his levitation back, but just barely as he stayed low to the ground. "We all need to take a break. You all just give me a moment."

Behind him loomed a sole door that read 'Managers Only'. As if knowing the manager's intentions, it unlocked itself, drawing open for the low-rise Ghost to drag through. It shut itself behind him, and for a few minutes the employees were left to themselves, but once that time was through, the gate to the unlit room opened itself once more.

"It's time for breakfast," came the call. Preceding the voice came flat, wooden lunch boxes ushered in on flat, wave-print cushions. They were all lined with a mysterious glow, the pillows and boxes floating on air as they danced out from behind the door and set themselves atop the counter. Not soon after, a large glass pitcher filled with a black, murky liquid emerged from the Office and set itself beside the boxes as well. The boxes then removed their slate lids, revealing the contents in their own little divided sections:

There was a small and empty wooden cup set in its own division of the box. In another section was a chunk of chocolate cake that nearly looked purple. Beside it were a couple rice crackers, each with a strip of seaweed on them. There was a little corked vial of what looked like syrup as well as a few assorted Gummis, and a section dedicated to banana-shaped fruit, small nuts, and assorted berries.

The pointed tip of Castiel's head followed behind the inanimate parade before making its way out from behind the counter, where he presented the rest of himself. He hanged low to the ground. He shut his eyes for a moment, and the eerie glow from all the items he had brought out--save for one box--dissipated. He took an even breath before addressing his crew.

"Pick up a box and a seat, get yourselves situated, and let's just sit down, eat, and talk," he offered warmly. "And Silver, sit right where you are; you're still a little shaky on your legs. I'll give you your breakfast box. Everyone needs to get off of their legs."

Ihsaan

shinigami of the alfheim
Years
Samuel the Bidoof
399.png

Mission: "Impress the Squad!"

Samuel lowered his furry head in resignation as Spora completely ignored him. She saw her enter the store in the corner of his eyes, as he justified her leave to himself.

Bug-types are very weird. She just doesn't appreciate a good ol' fashioned Normal-type, yup!

Samuel then began to recall the stories of his Great Uncle Herb's altercations with various strange Bug-Types. These include, but are not limited to; the Kricketot that played a tune so entrancing, that it put him to sleep; the Ariados who promised him 40 Oran berries, but gave him only 35 and the Vespiquen who so rudely refused to give Herb her honey. Bug-types really were the worst.

He did not wish to show his sorry face to Amaryllis or any of his superior co workers, so he decided to take the back entrance to the store. He remembered Amaryllis mentioning the presence of a Zen garden. Maybe he could redeem himself by decorating it, or tending to it in some form or another. He adjusted his now dusty and crumpled tie, and began waltzing around the store, making sure to duck under the windows. He was so short that he couldn't make himself be seen through the windows even if he tried, but he liked feeling stealthy.

At the sight of a bit of grey peeking from around the corner of the store, he hastened his pace and whispered to himself;

"You can do this, you can do this, you can do this, yup!"

He repeated this self motivator several times, and timed it to the rhythm of his walk. As he walked faster, he said it faster. This was probably the most admirable thing Samuel had done all morning. He jumped and landed in sand at the sound of his final 'Yup!'.

"Oof!" he exclaimed, his wind blown out of him.

He shook his head and surveyed his surroundings. He was going to make quick work of this garden, oh, yes he was.

Last edited:
Back