• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Team Spirit - where pokémon make the journey! (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
TEAM SPIRIT
Once upon a time, in an alternate universe...
The world is vast, and full of possibilities. Perhaps the biggest and most exciting of which is to enter the Pokémon League. Each year, new and old teams register at the Pokémon Centers to start their journey to qualify for the prestigious Evergrande Tournament in the east. Only teams who can beat all 11 official Hoenn gyms with at least one of their original team members left, get to enter the tournament. That achievement requires a grand journey across the whole region. Do you have what it takes?

Pok%C3%A9mon.full.1802321.jpg

The Setting
There are no humans in this world. Pokémon live in cities and houses and use machines and go to work like humans would in our world, with some ingenious alterations thanks to their useful powers, of course. Basically, pokémon take the place of humans in our world, and regular animals exist for food and anything else animals would be used for by humans.

However, there are also many pokémon who don't live in cities. Either because their physiology doesn't allow them to blend in with the civilized world, or because they have chosen (or simply been brought up) to renounce the modern ways and instead live like animals or in tribes in the wilderness. Some pokémon from the naturally wild species are trying to find a role in the modern life by using their talents as best as they can. Likewise, there are members of modern species who have decided to live in the wild instead.

Today, things are very tense between the Freefolks and the Urbans. Even if it's not outspoken in public, racism against Freefolk species in the cities is very much present. Similarly, members of Urban species who try to contact Freefolks are most often feared, sometimes even shunned and hated by the wild people. There have always been rumors and tales of malicious Freefolk tribes who do anything to thwart the progress of the Urban civilization. For Urban pokémon who stray too far into the wilderness, kidnapping is not impossible...

One of the professions in which Freefolk pokémon can prove their worth in the modern world, is through the Pokémon League. Even the smallest or least humanoid pokémon has some kind of battling ability that can lead to greatness in the League. It's not unusual for teams to start with a few Urbans and have Freefolk pokémon join in along the way, in one way or another. League Battlers are often more forgiving for the differences than others in society; if a pokémon can battle well, they are good pokémon!

For the sake of interaction and keeping the journey together somewhat over the region, we will all start in Petalburg City - but there is no gym there in this universe. Battle teams usually travel between cities in cars or other vehicles (unless they can fly or run really fast themselves with great stamina) and only stop along the road to camp out or train their battling in interesting places, or if there are Freefolk pokémon they would like to visit for some reason.

The Rules
1. Rating is M. This is meant to be pretty realistic, so try to imagine the world around you when you write. Make it gritty if you want, even. Your characters are fighters.

2. At the start of the RP, each team will have 2 or 3 pokémon, and each player may control 2 or 3 pokémon. You may control a team on your own, or form a team together with another player. Since you can control 2-3 pokémon at the start of the RP, you may also, for example, make a team of 2 where one of your pokémon is the team leader, but put your third pokémon in another team where another player's character is the team leader.

3. Each player may only govern one team, meaning that each player may only have one of their pokémon be a team leader at any given time.

4. At most in the RP, you will be allowed to control 5 main pokémon at once, as that is also the maximum number of members allowed to be on a battle team. Meaning pokémon you have written SUs for. If you decide to let a new pokémon join a team along the road, you will simply be required to write a SU for them once it's decided that they join you.

5. For a team to be eligible for entering the Evergrande Tournament in the end, they need at least one of the original team members (from the start of the RP) to still be part of the team. Else the team will be considered completely new and have to start over with the gym challenge.

6. Your pokémon may ditch or switch teams over the course of the RP, as long as rules 3 and 4 and 5 are obeyed.

7. Only one pokémon on your team (at any given time) may have the ability to Mega Evolve. In this universe, there is no need for a key stone. The pokémon only needs to hold the Mega Stone in battle and choose to activate it. However, you will not start the RP with a Mega Stone, but you might be allowed to find it eventually...

8. Pokémon growth is done anime-style; no levels will be mentioned. You may learn new moves by practicing level-up moves or by using TMs and tutors (which will only be available through events). When you think one of your pokémon is ready to evolve, say so on the OOC thread and the GM will decide if it can happen yet or not. This goes for all kinds of evolutions.

8. Subscribe to both the IC and OOC threads! I require this of you. If you don't feel like getting emails, pick the "no email subscription" option and you'll see the thread pop up in your User CP/Dashboard whenever there is a new reply. If you somehow don't make use of your Dashboard (smh...) then check this thread and the IC as often as possible.

9. If you want to join the RP, submit a set of SUs for your characters. If I like it and have spots left for players, you will be accepted (:

The SU Sheet
Team name: (be creative!) (If you are joining another player's team, state here which player controls it)

Team leader: (the name and species of the team leader)

Pokémon1
Species: (what species you pick will affect how the world sees and treats you. At the start of the RP, only ONE of your pokémon may be fully evolved! You can have as many halfway evos or non-evolved or evolution-free pokémon as you like though, such as Zangoose, Charmeleon or Riolu)

Name:

Maturity: (choose between child/young/adult/elder. Generally, children aren't allowed to join teams, unless there is an adult or elder there to take full responsibility for their training)

Acting Freefolk or Urban: (motivate! If you are a Urban Jynx or Freefolk Seaking, that's quite alright and you'll only have to state what's going on in your life currently. But if you are an acting Urban Dragonair, you need to explain how you fit into the Urban world with your great size and lack of limbs. What do you work with, how do people accept you? If you instead are a typically Urban species acting Freefolk, you also need to explain how you are living in the wild, what you are doing etc. You can treat this section as "history" if you feel like it. If you are unsure of whether the species you want would be Urban or Freefolk, we can discuss it)

Strengths: (this means both personality wise and talent/skill wise. Perhaps you are a grass pokémon with a great singing voice who loves fire?)

Weaknesses: (this means both personality wise and fears as well as skills you noticeably suffer from lacking. Maybe you are a bipolar flying pokémon afraid of sunshine?)

Moveset: (each pokémon can have a maximum of 5 moves they have mastered. At the start of the RP, you may give them any level-up moves + one egg/tutor/TM move)
Pokémon2 and so on, write a SU for each! Maximum pokémon to start with is 3, minimum is 2. You can't form a team with only 1 pokémon. As the RP progresses through Hoenn, you will be able to make Freefolk pokémon living in the wild join you, or Urban pokémon you meet in the cities.

Pok%C3%A9mon.full.904697.jpg

The Players
adventure
Team "The Withinners" : Rhaksoul (Kadabra), Metra (Scizor), Staro (Staryu)​

OmegaPinkMan :
Team "Lux" : Aurea (Kirlia), Eobard (Gastly), Dinah (Eevee)​

Ishymata :
Team "The Shifting Claw" : Jasper (Weavile), Captain Juniper (Absol)​

Saiyakitsune :
Team "Storming Fang" : Rain (Kirlia), Mei (Poochyena)​

Last edited:

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
I'll hold this spot for an SU to be written up in the near future. Once I settle on one idea.

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Hidden until I'm done:

Spoiler:

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Ahhh I wish I could participate in this but I refuse to overextend myself, so instead I'll become a loyal watcher! Everyone who applies, you have a fan now XD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

THE WITHINNERS

led by Rhaksoul the Kadabra
Team theme: http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/track/aggrievocation

fw8uu7k.png
Species: Kadabra

Name: Rhaksoul Alkaline

Maturity: Adult

Acting Freefolk or Urban: Urban. He is about as Urban as one can get these days. He was brought up in a wealthy family with two very successful businesspeople as parents; a Kadabra and a Hypno. Instead of bothering with a battling career as a young pokémon, like the lowerclass often did, Rhaksoul went to the finest university in Hoenn once he evolved, and took a psychology degree. Of course, he graduated at the top of his class. Only a Slowking or a Metagross could have beat him, but no Metagross ever went to university. The thought was laughable even, wasn't it?

It came as a shock when Rhaksoul suddenly brought home an odd "friend" and announced to his friends and family that he planned to form a Battle Team and enter the Evergrande Tournament. Nobody could understand why the Kadabra would want to participate in dirty, dangerous fights when he had his life well in order. Rhaksoul answered that he thought it might be fun and wanted to try something new in life in order to stay mentally challenged and not be bored by their mundane life. The friend he had brought home was a quiet, mysterious Staryu. Those pokémon had no mouths and therefore could not speak like Urbans did. They were seldom seen in civilized areas, except for maybe some colder regions or out at sea, where they might be of some use and actually find jobs.

Strengths: Rhaksoul was always seen by his peers as extremely intelligent and logical, as well as talented socially. He knew how to network and excelled at most courses at school; his rivals sometimes were convinced that he used his strong psychic powers to make people like him, though. You would never quite know what he was thinking of you, as he can shield his true emotions very well. In battle as well as in everyday life, he stays calm and rational at all times. Even if he tends to put on a smiling face and tell seemingly irrational jokes now and then, that's just a facade. He is also a quite adept cook, when he wants to be, and keeps his team well fed throughout their journey.

Weaknesses: The Kadabra's stamina physically was never top notch. He is quite fragile and don't do well with physical blows. The physical stamina is getting better since he started training to start the battle team, but he relies on his teammates for dealing with situations where a good defense or high physical endurance is necessary. His sense of humor is also really terrible. While he keeps calm at most times, he seems to have a problem with some bug type pokémon, or even a fear. He brushes it off as a primal instinct that has no place in today's society, but there might be a story hidden beneath.

Moveset: Psychic | Disable | Dazzling Gleam | Double Team | Psycho Cut

plN1a60.png
Species: Staryu

Name: Staro

Maturity: Young

Acting Freefolk or Urban: Freefolk. Staryu, or Staro as Rhaksoul calls him, is an energetic and enigmatic creature from the northern shores of Hoenn. He shows little respect for Urban traditions and customs and isn't very well behaved or polite. Perhaps he's better off not being able to speak normal pokémon language; Staryu and Starmie can usually communicate somewhat with other water pokémon instinctively, but land living pokémon have a hard time understanding what they want unless they happen to be psychic. Say, like a Kadabra. Staro seems to hold no wish to be part of the Urban culture. He just really loves battling, and respects Rhaksoul enough to have started a battle team together with him.

Strengths: This Staryu is incredibly swift. If he could speak, he would call himself the fastest Staryu in all of Hoenn, or maybe even the fastest pokémon. His Rapid Spin makes him nearly invisible, and very tricky to avoid. Of course, Metra the Scizor claims that she can be faster than him and considers herself his rival in speed. The fact that nobody can talk to him or read his emotions or intentions can be used to his advantage, especially in battles. And at boring social conventions. He'll just play his "mysterious, rude freefolk" card.

Weaknesses: He mostly relies on speed in battle, as he actually isn't the best strategist. When they practice or battle other teams, Rhaksoul sometimes stands on the sidelines and suggests moves for Staro to use next. Much like a human trainer. Wait, what's a human trainer? It can also be quite the weakness sometimes that he can't talk to just any pokémon, but must for now rely on Rhaksoul to communicate in detail.

Moveset: Bubblebeam | Minimize | Rapid Spin | Power Gem | Whirlpool

Vxk2I92.png
Species: Scizor

Name: Metra

Acting Freefolk or Urban: Urban. Metra grew up as the lone daughter to a lonely father Scyther. He often told her tales of her adventurous and righteous Ranger mother, also a Scyther, who tragically lost her life one day when she was saving other pokémon from an accident. Metra's father taught her how to be a good Urban citizen despite the obvious difficulty that came with having scythes for hands instead of, well, hands, like many other Urbans had. Growing up, Metra was always well behaved and diligent as few. But as her childhood ended and she started noticing the darker parts of life, she eventually started throwing that bright, just philosophy away. Her mother lost her life for others, and Metra didn't think that the sacrifice was worth it. She cared deeply for her father, but knew that she wanted to focus on herself most of all. After she finished school with plenty good grades, she surprised her classmates and old teachers by immediately going into a battling career. Her father was not surprised, however; both he and Metra's mother had done the same briefly when they were young.

But Metra kept fighting. Year after year. She joined a few battle teams, but ended up leaving them after only a few gyms. She didn't care about the prestige. She just wanted to hone her own skills and become as strong and fast as she possibly could. Winning gyms to further the dreams of others wasn't really her thing, she just wanted some good training opportunities. She felt accomplished when she was a strong Scyther with a flying speed greater than no other Scyther she had met, at least. Then one day, she figured out how to evolve, and became a Scizor... And realized that her heavy wings would no longer carry her. She stopped joining battle teams at that point, and actually got a job at a factory in Slateport City instead, feeling resigned. Not even her father could cheer her up and get her to pursue her old goals again.

Until a charismatic Kadabra came, with an offer she couldn't refuse. Now she fights for his goals, because they align well enough with her own. For now.

Strengths: Physically very strong, and also faster than most Scizor. She hates giving up or losing, and will sometimes push herself really hard just to prove someone else wrong. She used to know the move Swords Dance to boost her mentally and physically and deal deadly damage in battle, but she decided to focus on speed instead and adopted a different kind of "dance" which she labels simply Agility. She is competitive and can be easier motivated to do things if there's a challenge included.

Weaknesses: Sometimes forgets that she can't fly since she evolved from Scyther, and that occasionally makes her strangely clumsy for being so strong and fast. When her sudden clumsiness has cost her a victory, she becomes depressed and angry for quite a while. She's prone to holding grudges, and she is very picky about what she likes and dislikes in food. Easily offended.

Moveset: Bullet Punch | Agility | Substitute | Razor Wind | X-Scissor

Last edited:

Nove Nu-Vonde

( acquaintances become antiquated )
Years
Hey! I'm pretty new here and wasn't really sure how long I should wait before I get myself involved in the RP community, but I figured waiting was dumb and it'd be best to just try and jump in whenever. Any way I could save a spot while I get some SU's typed up?

Maid Megido

Teller of Stories and Drinker of Tea
Years
Greetings, comrades. I'm entirely new to this forum, though more then experienced enough in role playing. I have been referred here by my friend PsyCatTheSkitty, as seen above. I'd like to reserve a spot, if possible, whilst being on her team.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hey! I'm pretty new here and wasn't really sure how long I should wait before I get myself involved in the RP community, but I figured waiting was dumb and it'd be best to just try and jump in whenever. Any way I could save a spot while I get some SU's typed up?

Greetings, comrades. I'm entirely new to this forum, though more then experienced enough in role playing. I have been referred here by my friend PsyCatTheSkitty, as seen above. I'd like to reserve a spot, if possible, whilst being on her team.
Hi guys! Welcome to PokéCommunity (: the best way to get into the RP community here is definitely by being daring and join a RP, so you're completely on the right track!

I prefer not to save spots, but since there aren't many SUs up yet, I'm pretty sure I'll be happy to let you guys play as long as you make interesting characters. If you want to brainstorm ideas for teams here, feel free to do so.

You can make a team together, definitely! Would you prefer to only make one team, or two? So that both of you will lead one team each?

Also is that a Homestuck fan I spot? o: o/ (: @megido

Nove Nu-Vonde

( acquaintances become antiquated )
Years
We'll be on the same team, the Sanguine, if that's okay.

Your fancy formatting only deepens my regret to not bother learning html

Spoiler:

EDIT: chairmander added : > Put in spoilers so the length doesn't become a nuisance.

EDIT AGAIN: chairmander removed. rip chairmander

Last edited:

Maid Megido

Teller of Stories and Drinker of Tea
Years
Part of The Sanguine
-Led by PsyCatTheSkitty's Jax

Species: Sableye

Name: Rhajat

Acting Freefolk or Urban: Freefolk. A city is no place for a trickster, after all. Or at least, that's what Rhajat remembers her parents telling her during those nights spent shivering on the cold floor of a cave. Born in the wilds around Route 120 to a pair of robbers, she grew up learning how to swindle and steal, thinking that petty thievery was the only way to live. Only on the worst nights would her family consign themselves to rummaging about in the back of caves for the minerals their species used as sustenance. Her parents were not cruel, nor were they villainous. But, as they had been living in the wilderness for all their lives, their grasp on morality was strenuous at best. They taught their daughter to the best of their ability, showing her how to survive by manipulating and tricking others. It became a game to the young girl. While city children played bandits and heroes, she played the bandit in a much more literal sense.

Rhajat had thought her life to be a good one, waking up each day to a new adventure, a new challenge for her skills. That was, until her parents vanished.

She never did find out what happened to them, though, she was not surprised that they left. Ghosts make poor parents, and thieves doubly so. While she may have been young, she survived on her own, for a while at least. After several unfortunate occurrences, Rhajat found herself huddled in the back of a cave, injured, starving, and feeling more alone than ever. Unable to even start a fire, she had surrendered herself to the night, desperately hoping that the pebbles she had made a poor meal of earlier would be enough to carry her through until morning.
As she curled up in the back of her damp, stoney camp, she began to cry, not realizing that she might attract unwanted attention. However, to the sableye's fortune, the one who found her was no villain, but a hermit, not unlike herself. An adult Zoroark, though she did not know what he was until he told her. They spoke for what seemed like hours, until her new companion allowed himself to fall into an uneasy sleep across the cave from her. Rhajat spent a while brooding on what this new pokemon had told her. Tales of grandeur and battle, sweeping victories and crushing defeats… Well, truth be told all the Zororark told her was that he had once been part of a battling team. Rhajat made the rest up in her head. Jax, this stranger had called himself, stoic as he was. When the morning sun peaked over the horizon, the young Sabeleye had decided that this Zororark would train her in fighting. The issue was convincing him to do it. She followed him for days, all the while desperately pleading for his tutorage. It took her weeks of begging and relentless following, but Jax finally consented to take her on as an apprentice.

Strengths: Rhajat possesses a level of cunning above and beyond what might usually be expected for one of her youthful stature. Though her academic knowledge is beyond lacking, having never experienced proper schooling, her practical knowledge of the wilderness and social insight more than make up for that. Her skill at scavenging caves for the minerals she needs to feed far surpasses that of her parents, and this soon translated into a skill for finding things that OTHER pokemon could eat, as Jax often sends her out to forage alone. Her skill at swindling comes as a shock to most people. As she spent her early life studying not books but pokemon, she has a knack for catching onto body language and verbal cues that others might miss. This makes her quite proficient at deceit.

Weaknesses: As could be expected from a child with an astounding ability to lie, Rhajat has a tendency to take things too far. Often times she'll create and entire false persona to take over, without even realizing it. She lies almost by compulsion now, occasionally getting the truth mixed up in her own head. Alongside that is a burgeoning kleptomania. Though strict discipline from her mentor Jax has mostly beaten this out of her, she'll still knick small things here and there, just out of habit.

Rhajat lacks practical skill with attacking moves, preferring to overwhelm her opponents with ghostly charms and abilities.

Moveset: Fury Swipes - Confuse Ray - Foresight - Will-O-Wisp - Shadow Sneak​

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Hey, this looks interesting. Here's my SU.

Spoiler:

Ishymata

Ruined Soul
Years
Team Name: The Shifting Claw

Team Leader: Jasper the Weavile.

Pokemon 1

Species: Weavile

Name: Jasper Shardling

Acting Freefolk or Urban: Urban, though many would disagree. Jasper tends not to be very reliable for a few reasons. Because of his species he actively seeks out things that are rather shiny to "relocate" to his home, sometimes without even meaning to. He's also a bit easy to rile up and will lash out if he thinks he's being treated unfairly. He isn't a totally evil person but he certainly isn't a pinnacle of greatness either. He had a tribe of Weavile that used to be free folk that he left to see what urban life would be like. One day he plans on returning to the trees but for now he stays pretty safe in an apartment building, shuffling through a countless number of things he's taken either accidentally or on purpose.

His childhood wasn't exactly the best. In the tribe the strongest ones were first to eat and every meal was like a competition. You had to fight your way to the top to get the good stuff and those at the bottom were left with the scraps. Jasper would probably tell you he was the king of this pile, always getting the best meats but for the sake of this he's probably lying. He wasn't the best fighter. Not the worst but certainly not as good as the Weaviles who coated their claws in stinging herbs beforehand.

When their small group heard about the city about half of them left to go see what the fuss was all about, half of that group returning due to complications but the fourth that was still there made an impression on the city and the city has been losing one battery or missing at least one sock ever since.

Strengths: Well stealing is one. A rather large one at that as well. One minute you're wearing a prized necklace or a bracelet you're planning on keeping for a while and the next minute it's just gone. As a master manipulator, it can be hard to pin down wether or not he's telling the truth or a lie but both sound convincing coming from his mouth. Due to his time out with his free folk tribe he's learned to channel ice with his claws and breath as well. When all else fails and he's got no more cards to play there's always one more option, of course… booking it the hell outta there!

Weaknesses: Jasper is small. Comparatively speaking, of course. He could easily be flattened or toppled over if he was caught by surprise. Being a Weavile, people may already be suspicious of his actions and may think they're on to him even if he hasn't even thought of doing anything yet, making it hard to socialize. He also isn't very strong brute force wise, preferring to just slash and cut through foes with his claws instead of throwing them around. Sometimes he steals things without even thinking about it just by seeing how shiny they are and wondering exactly how shiny it would be in his pile of things. Then he just has it in his hand. Unless he's actively thinking to not steal anything he has a high risk of just making off with it. Being an Urbanite was harder than he thought!

Moveset: Fury Swipes, Icy Wind, Hone Claws and Night Slash.

Pokemon 2

Species: Absol

Name: "Captain" Juniper Welsh

Acting Freefolk or Urban: Juniper flits between her Freefolk roots and the Urban lifestyle she craves. Convinced she was born with pirate blood in her veins, she travels through both the city and the forests with a lighthearted grin. She used to live in a small pack of Absol that were a bit further from the city, helping the group live by gathering supplies for dens, hunting for food, and repelling invaders. Due to their species and what being an Absol implies they aren't shown in a very bright light due to their ability to sense disasters from miles away. They've been falsely connected to them and the few Absol that departed for the city when she was a child came back with stories of a cold and bitter nature.

She had one friend, another larger Absol that enjoyed telling her small little lies and filling her head with tiny fantasies that she would act out due to her age. From telling her that a rival tribe was spying on them to telling her she was born from a pod on a tree, she fell for it all. The hardest trick she fell for was that her real family was at sea and she was born a pirate. This trick, unlike the many others, never quite wore off and she roams the cities today with an eye patch and paper (For map drawing of course) just waiting to plunder something.

She was met with pretty cold and ominous glances when she first walked into town. Her species was still connected with disasters that the world still believed they caused. However she ended up turning a few hearts with a grin and good spirits, making herself at least a small niche in the town. She still wanders between her tribe and the city life but she dreads the day where she'll have to choose one or the other.

Strengths: She has an almost unbreakable will and will fight for whoever she chooses is right or not. Due to living out in the wilds for a good portion of her life she can go a little while without food or water. She has a decent amount of strength and speed at her disposal and if she wants something done she has an endless pool of determination to see it through. She can also hold a pretty decent tune though no-one's told her yet and she tries her best not to sing in public.

Weaknesses: She doesn't consider it a weakness but the idea that she's a pirate could possibly end up putting a lot of people off. Some may find it charming or amusing but being talked down to by an Absol in an eye patch can be annoying for some. She's hard headed and will set her unbreakable will onto a project only to collapse from effort if she can't do it. This can cause some serious injury that could easily be avoided with a call for assistance. She also can't stop herself from cracking a giggle at anything she finds funny. This inability to hold her tongue has nearly killed her once or twice. Towns confuse the Absol so much that she can find herself lost in one for hours.

Moveset: Perish Song, Detect, Swords Dance and Psycho Cut

How the two came together:

Jasper was relaxing one night on top of the pile of pillows he called a bed when he heard a large crash coming from the main room of his home. When he went to go investigate some random Absol was digging through his treasure pile with a grin on her face! Needless to say they got into a large scuffle in which both sides ended up collapsing next to one another, unable to move.

"So. May I have the honor of knowing your name, random stranger with no depth perception?" The question was simple, said with as much snark as the slightly wounded Weavile could cook up. The reply was equally snarky in tone. "Captain Juniper Welsh. I heard around town that a large stash of stolen goods ready to be plundered was at this large building but no-one could pin where."

The Weavile was speechless. This woman actually believed herself to be a pirate? Like the ones in the books? He let out a chuckle afterwards and cut her a deal. If she visited him every once in a while he would teach her about the city she was in and she might even get a cut of the treasure that she desired. They quickly became friends from there and the competition brought them even closer as they tried to see how the reward could be cut between the two of them.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
We'll be on the same team, the Sanguine, if that's okay.
Spoiler:
Amazing SU! Welcome to the RP (: Really looking forward to seeing how this team will do.

Part of The Sanguine
-Led by PsyCatTheSkitty's Jax
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Sweet, welcome to the RP!

Hey, this looks interesting. Here's my SU.
Spoiler:
I like the idea of this team, it will be fun to read about it! Welcome to the RP~

Spoiler:
Hi, I have a few things to say here. Firstly, I'm going to have a female Scizor with a similar personality as yours, so while having the same pokémon is okay, the characters are just a bit too similar for me to think it's fun to have both in the RP... Since I haven't written up mine yet though, of course you couldn't know. And perhaps it is a bit evil of me to ask you to change (evil GM ._.) but is there any possibility you could give your Scyther a slightly different personality than what it currently is, or change the species? If you're really set on what she currently is, then I guess we'll just go ahead and make both characters, and hope that we'll play them differently enough.

Also, I think the history between the Weavile and the Scyther is a bit too unclear; she's been trained to be a diligent fighter but when she runs into a thiefly Weavile they become friends just like that? That doesn't seem very likely. And how did they decide to start a team together also?

All in all, your characters lack a bit of depth and motivation. If you try to think about them some more, feel free to edit your SU and try again (:

I'll make sure to finish mine as soon as I have energy to (I've been a bit sick for the past day) and if we become 5-6 players I'll have us starting c:

Ishymata

Ruined Soul
Years
Amazing SU! Welcome to the RP (: Really looking forward to seeing how this team will do.

Sweet, welcome to the RP!

I like the idea of this team, it will be fun to read about it! Welcome to the RP~

Hi, I have a few things to say here. Firstly, I'm going to have a female Scizor with a similar personality as yours, so while having the same pokémon is okay, the characters are just a bit too similar for me to think it's fun to have both in the RP... Since I haven't written up mine yet though, of course you couldn't know. And perhaps it is a bit evil of me to ask you to change (evil GM ._.) but is there any possibility you could give your Scyther a slightly different personality than what it currently is, or change the species? If you're really set on what she currently is, then I guess we'll just go ahead and make both characters, and hope that we'll play them differently enough.

Also, I think the history between the Weavile and the Scyther is a bit too unclear; she's been trained to be a diligent fighter but when she runs into a thiefly Weavile they become friends just like that? That doesn't seem very likely. And how did they decide to start a team together also?

All in all, your characters lack a bit of depth and motivation. If you try to think about them some more, feel free to edit your SU and try again (:

I'll make sure to finish mine as soon as I have energy to (I've been a bit sick for the past day) and if we become 5-6 players I'll have us starting c:

Ah, yeah no problem. I threw it together at around 7AM so I'm still a bit tired, also no problem, Adventure. I'm willing to change the species if you want. Didn't realize you wanted a Scizor like that. I'll work on it right now.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Team Leader: Jasper the Weavile.

Pokemon 1

Species: Weavile

Name: Jasper Shardling

Acting Freefolk or Urban: Urban, though many would disagree. Jasper tends not to be very reliable for a few reasons. Because of his species he actively seeks out things that are rather shiny to "relocate" to his home, sometimes without even meaning to. He's also a bit easy to rile up and will lash out if he thinks he's being treated unfairly. He isn't a totally evil person but he certainly isn't a pinnacle of greatness either. He had a tribe of Weavile that used to be free folk that he left to see what urban life would be like. One day he plans on returning to the trees but for now he stays pretty safe in an apartment building, shuffling through a countless number of things he's taken either accidentally or on purpose.

His childhood wasn't exactly the best. In the tribe the strongest ones were first to eat and every meal was like a competition. You had to fight your way to the top to get the good stuff and those at the bottom were left with the scraps. Jasper would probably tell you he was the king of this pile, always getting the best meats but for the sake of this he's probably lying. He wasn't the best fighter. Not the worst but certainly not as good as the Weaviles who coated their claws in stinging herbs beforehand.

When their small group heard about the city about half of them left to go see what the fuss was all about, half of that group returning due to complications but the fourth that was still there made an impression on the city and the city has been losing one battery or missing at least one sock ever since.

Strengths: Well stealing is one. A rather large one at that as well. One minute you're wearing a prized necklace or a bracelet you're planning on keeping for a while and the next minute it's just gone. As a master manipulator, it can be hard to pin down wether or not he's telling the truth or a lie but both sound convincing coming from his mouth. Due to his time out with his free folk tribe he's learned to channel ice with his claws and breath as well. When all else fails and he's got no more cards to play there's always one more option, of course… booking it the hell outta there!

Weaknesses: Jasper is small. Comparatively speaking, of course. He could easily be flattened or toppled over if he was caught by surprise. Being a Weavile, people may already be suspicious of his actions and may think they're on to him even if he hasn't even thought of doing anything yet, making it hard to socialize. He also isn't very strong brute force wise, preferring to just slash and cut through foes with his claws instead of throwing them around. Sometimes he steals things without even thinking about it just by seeing how shiny they are and wondering exactly how shiny it would be in his pile of things. Then he just has it in his hand. Unless he's actively thinking to not steal anything he has a high risk of just making off with it. Being an Urbanite was harder than he thought!

Moveset: Fury Swipes, Icy Wind, Hone Claws and Night Slash.

Pokemon 2

Species: Absol

Name: "Captain" Juniper Welsh

Acting Freefolk or Urban: Juniper flits between her Freefolk roots and the Urban lifestyle she craves. Convinced she was born with pirate blood in her veins, she travels through both the city and the forests with a lighthearted grin. She used to live in a small pack of Absol that were a bit further from the city, helping the group live by gathering supplies for dens, hunting for food, and repelling invaders. Due to their species and what being an Absol implies they aren't shown in a very bright light due to their ability to sense disasters from miles away. They've been falsely connected to them and the few Absol that departed for the city when she was a child came back with stories of a cold and bitter nature.

She had one friend, another larger Absol that enjoyed telling her small little lies and filling her head with tiny fantasies that she would act out due to her age. From telling her that a rival tribe was spying on them to telling her she was born from a pod on a tree, she fell for it all. The hardest trick she fell for was that her real family was at sea and she was born a pirate. This trick, unlike the many others, never quite wore off and she roams the cities today with an eye patch and paper (For map drawing of course) just waiting to plunder something.

She was met with pretty cold and ominous glances when she first walked into town. Her species was still connected with disasters that the world still believed they caused. However she ended up turning a few hearts with a grin and good spirits, making herself at least a small niche in the town. She still wanders between her tribe and the city life but she dreads the day where she'll have to choose one or the other.

Strengths: She has an almost unbreakable will and will fight for whoever she chooses is right or not. Due to living out in the wilds for a good portion of her life she can go a little while without food or water. She has a decent amount of strength and speed at her disposal and if she wants something done she has an endless pool of determination to see it through. She can also hold a pretty decent tune though no-one's told her yet and she tries her best not to sing in public.

Weaknesses: She doesn't consider it a weakness but the idea that she's a pirate could possibly end up putting a lot of people off. Some may find it charming or amusing but being talked down to by an Absol in an eye patch can be annoying for some. She's hard headed and will set her unbreakable will onto a project only to collapse from effort if she can't do it. This can cause some serious injury that could easily be avoided with a call for assistance. She also can't stop herself from cracking a giggle at anything she finds funny. This inability to hold her tongue has nearly killed her once or twice. Towns confuse the Absol so much that she can find herself lost in one for hours.

Moveset: Perish Song, Detect, Swords Dance and Psycho Cut

How the two came together:

Jasper was relaxing one night on top of the pile of pillows he called a bed when he heard a large crash coming from the main room of his home. When he went to go investigate some random Absol was digging through his treasure pile with a grin on her face! Needless to say they got into a large scuffle in which both sides ended up collapsing next to one another, unable to move.

"So. May I have the honor of knowing your name, random stranger with no depth perception?" The question was simple, said with as much snark as the slightly wounded Weavile could cook up. The reply was equally snarky in tone. "Captain Juniper Welsh. I heard around town that a large stash of stolen goods ready to be plundered was at this large building but no-one could pin where."

The Weavile was speechless. This woman actually believed herself to be a pirate? Like the ones in the books? He let out a chuckle afterwards and cut her a deal. If she visited him every once in a while he would teach her about the city she was in and she might even get a cut of the treasure that she desired. They quickly became friends from there and the competition brought them even closer as they tried to see how the reward could be cut between the two of them.
Alright, welcome to the RP!

I'll try to finish my SU now, and then we can start playing (: I'll keep SUs open for one or two more players in case somebody more wants to join though~

Years
[S-HIGHLIGHT]Team Storming Fang[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
Lead by Rain Mach

Pokemon 1
Species: Kirlia

Name: Rain Mach

Maturity
: Young

Acting Freefolk or Urban
: An urban girl through and through. Rain hatched and grew up originally up in Verdanturff Town where she was raised by her foster parent, a Machamp. Rain's adoptive father wanted his little girl to grow up and develop her healing and cure moves, but Rain wanted nothing of that. Perhaps it was being raised by a Machamp or the fact that she lived in a part of town that was densely populated with fighting types, but Rain wanted to fight. Not just fight like a normal Ralts, no. She wanted to fight with her fists. At first, her foster father was worried about his Ralts. Since she was a girl, there wasn't a good chance of her excelling, if being good at all in full on hand-to-hand combat, but she surprised him! Whatever it was, Rain was a natural at using her fist to knock some heads. Well enough that he stopped trying to force Rain into taking Heal Pulse lessons (she always ran away when she could) and decided to train her himself and even teaching her one or two things as well. Soon enough, Rain asked her good ol' dad if she could move to Petalburg City. It took some (a lot of) convincing, but he finally allowed her to go on her own. She was still young, but he knew that Rain could fend for herself very easily.

Strengths: She can throw a punch and it will hurt. Not only does Rain have a knack for fist fighting, she was also trained by her foster father who was a Machamp. She has learned to watch her opponent's movements and adapt to their style . . . by throwing herself headfirst into the fray. Though she isn't the fastest Pokemon, Rain is quite agile and uses her flexibility to her advantage to get out of sticky situations and deal quick and sneaky attacks to her foes. Not to mention she has learned to master the art of teleportation, using it to her advantage in battle to get up close and personal or to get out of a tight spot quickly.

Her no holds brawl kind of fighting style stems from her brave/foolish attitude. Rain is not afraid to take on any challenge that stands in her way and will always find a way to win even if the outcome seems grim. She is hot headed, focused, and eager to throw a punch!

Weaknesses: That same brave attitude that serves her well is also her downfall. Rain has a short fuse, easily able to get angry and lose focus. She does strike harder when angered, but her attacks are less focused, not as refined. She also has low stamina, unable to take a whole lot of hits before falling to her defeat. Often times she'll push herself past her limits to keep going, but this leads to some bad repercussions later on. She also hates perverts with a passion, which causes her to lose focus as well.

Moveset: Teleport, Fire Punch, Double Team, Magical leaf, Psychic

Pokemon 2
Species: Poochyena

Name: Mei Feng

Maturity: Child

Acting Freefolk or Urban: A true freefolk 'mon. Mei belonged to a big family of 9 brothers and sisters with herself being the youngest and therefore the one picked on the most. She became so irritated by all of the things her brothers and sisters did to her that she challenged them all to a battle and if she won, her parents would have to let her go and be on her own. They accepted, not expecting Mei to actually win, but she does! She spent the entire time before the battle watching her siblings, seeing how they fought and acted so that she had every possible chance to win. Her parents begrudgingly agreed to let her go and they watched her go. It didn't take long for her to bump into Rain and the two fought. It wasn't a short fight and the two became sort of friends as they began travelling together with Rain having an idea of forming a team . . .

Strengths: Mei is a strategist. She knows of her limitations and knows she is not the strongest or the fasted, so instead she tries to be the smartest. And with her Quick Feet ablity, she uses it to her advantage by allowing herself to become afflicted with a status (except for paralysis) so that she can be a bigger threat on the battle field. If she isn't strong enough to beat an opponent with her own strength she will find some way with her environment.

Weaknesses: Mei has a terrible personality. Thanks to her siblings treatment towards her she became very anti-social. Coupled with the fact that she is a freefolk Pokemon makes her very much a loner type and so she likes to keep with herself or with Rain and even then she can get annoyed by the Kirlia rather easy. She is also incredibly frail. She cannot take hit well. At all. Although she can think on a moment's notice, when she becomes backed into a corner her fight or flight instincts kick in, causing her to make very bad mistakes.

Moveset: Howl, Poison Fang, Sucker Punch, Sand-Attack, Taunt

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
Years
THE WITHINNERS

I'm going to have a female Scizor [...] I haven't written up mine yet though, of course you couldn't know.

Adventure, does this mean you don't really have room on your team for others to join? I really liked the look of your team and was thinking of applying and having my character join your team.

Secondly, I'd like to ask how the social aspect of this RP is planned to function. For now, aside from the ability of Pokemon of player 1 to join player 2's team - an ability I'm not seeing anyone using yet, mind you - for now it actually looks like everyone would be isolated into their own teams.
Do you have any plans to encourage team 1 and team 2 to meet, socialize, do things together? I ask because I don't have much fun when all the players are not interacting with anyone except their own characters.

Character 1 of my SU is written up, but I would like to hear answers to these questions to help me know how to gear it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back