• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Pokémon, Ultra Beasts and Alolan Raticate revealed

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • Are Ultra Beasts the new mechanic the Riddle leak hinted us about? And hey, Sycamore's assistance are back, but does this mean there will be no Kalos postgame after all? Looks like Jangmo-o will be Alola's pseudo-legendary.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    My theory:

I get this huge feeling that Magearna, Type: Null, UB-01 and another are all connected to a genetically modified theme... and that these games are based around whether it's right or wrong to genetically modify Pokemon. Thus bringing Mewtwo into the obvious picture, giving Pokemon a shoutback to 20 years ago.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Since Dexio and Sinna are here, I'm looking forward to Sycamore's reveal. He'll probably be tripping over tipped-over Alolan Exeggutor's necks but I don't care, I eagerly await my beloved's return.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • Ohmygawd the trailer... Aether Foundation's Lusamine looks similar to Lillie, note that in Japan trailer during the showcase of Aether Foundation we can see the main character and Hau, but no Lillie

What's with the name "Type: Null" anyway? Is it suppose to be a man-made Pokemon...? But Magearna did has a proper name. Interesting to see the Ultra Beasts concept, but the naming "UB01" ugh... At first I thought the jellyfish thingy is Marshadow but turns out I was wrong :/

Team Skull Gladion - Perfectly demonstrates on "MUST... NOT... FAP... DURING... POKEMON...... BATTLE..." Jokes aside I wonder why he has the "Type: Null" (again this name is weird for me). In Japan trailer it shows his encounter theme/battle theme and it sounds nice

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • I think Type:Null is just a normal pokemon.... Not anything special. Otherwise they would have shown us.

Also, The Aether foundation are villains. Calling it. Lillie and Gladion look like they belong there as well. What if, Lillie and Gladion are siblings? They look enough like eachother. What if they are blackmailing Team skull (specifically Guzma) to draw suspicion on them to make Team skull look like the big baddies and Aether like the heroes. But secretly, they are doing all the awful stuff to pokémon. And Gladios? He keeps an eye on team skull.

Years
  • My thoughts on this new info:

The Aether Foundation was something I didn't see coming, but at least we know that they seem to be stationed on the artificial island that's at the center of the map. Unfortunately that also nulls any hopes of it being the battle facility.

Gladion is also really awesome. He's actually now my fave Team Skull member.

Alolan Raticate looks a bit ugly to me, but I guess it's because of the plump cheeks. It'll take a bit more time to grow on me compared to Alolan Rattata but I'll accept it soon enough. It was expected Alolan Raticate would be a thing anyway considering Rattata's reveal last week.

The new Pokemon have some very weird names indeed! UB-01 and Type: Null (yay for our first Pokemon with : in its name) are very eerie, but I do love Jangmo-o with its heart on the head, and for being the first Pokemon to have Bulletproof as a natural ability.

The PokeFinder is also looking to be promising, especially for those who were fans of Pokemon Snap because this looks like the spiritual successor to Snap that we all wanted.

Time differences and Zygarde Cells and Cores collection was something that I recall were mentioned in leaks, and I guess I'll be reading the major leaks again to see which one gained credibility. Interesting how Totem Gumshoos appears to be Sun exclusive, while Moon has Alolan Raticate instead.

Sina and Dexio are back? I do remember those two gave me occasional laughs in X/Y and I thought there wasn't going to believe the "returning characters" rumors but I guess they proved me wrong.

Years
  • Also, gonna set this here!!! :)
    cutieflyevo.jpg

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Ok. Here's my rundown.

I like Type: Null so much. It's our first chimera and I love how very artificial it looks.

Jangmo-o is probably our pseudo-legendary. I get a Fairy vibe from it simply because of the heart-shape it has on its head.

Alolan Raticate made me decide not to use Alolan Rattata. It sucks because I was actually planning on using it.

Aether foundation doesn't seem to be a good company. Sanctuary for all isn't really a welcoming theme. Plus Faba looks antagonist 100%. I'd trust Guzma more than him.

Gladion is funny LOL.

SINA AND DEXIO! Let's get more backstory to them! They feel like a very out of place characters in X Y. Shall we see Sycamore again sometime soon?

Pokemon Snap is exciting! Thumbs up for everyone!

Also, I support UB-01 = Lillie. I wonder how many UBs shall we get?

This is a nice set of news. Still waiting on Mega-Evolutions though.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • OH GOD. As I was watching the trailer I was lile "WHAT"! Now my opinions:

New Pokémon:

º Type: Null - I was REALLY CONFUSED with this one. I took me sometime to actually understand taht Type: Null is its name, not its type. It sure looks kinda weird. It looks like they took some part of different animals and gather them together. I don't know... It might grow on me!

º Jangmo-o - It looks ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE. Is it going to be the Pseudo-Legend of the region? I love its little heart in its head! I might add it on my team :3 Really looking forward to see its evolution!

New Alola Form:

º Alola Raticate - I.... didn't like it that much... It's mouth is annoying me... It might grow on me though!

Different Times:

WHAT? Does it mean Pokémon Sun will only be set during daytime and Moon during nightime? It sure confusing .... I've already pre-ordered Pokémon Moon, and I don't mind playing at nightime!

The Aether Foundation:

Are they the "good team" or are they going to be the true "evil team" of the game? They help Pokémon captured from Team Skull, which kinda points for them being good guys!

º Lusamine - I love her design. She looks kinda mysterious and independable. I like her!
    º Faba - This guy gives me chills.... I don't like him!
    º Wicke - She looks interesting! I like her design ^^ She looks like a friendly person!
    º Employees - I don't like their designs too much....

Team Skull's Enforcer:

ºGladion - HE LOOKS BADASS, though not as much as my sweet Plumeria :3 I'm excited to see its role in the game!

Search for Zygarde Cells and Cores:

So this is what Dexio and Sina are doing an Alola? (Also... THEY'RE BAAAAAACK). This is some interesting way to implement Zygarde into Sun and Moon! Now I know I'll be exploring every corner in search of Zygarde Cell's ^^

Taking Photos

OMG YES. I love these feature already! Is there going to be specific spots to take pics? Or do we take pics wherever we want?

Ultra Beasts:

I didn't understand much.... Are they like some kind of Boss? We only know about UB-01 which I think it translates into Ultra Beast - Number one

I'm really loving all these new features in Alola. I gotta say.... I think the plot will be huge! Can't wait to hear about more news!

Years
  • Hairstyle customization confirmed! Finally.

Also, I'm really loving that Cutiefly evolution. Hopefully it'll get an official reveal in another trailer.

I did fall in love with that Japan-themed town shown in one of the new Japanese trailers as well, complete with Pelipper flying around the tower! Now I'm definitely starting to understand Hawaii having ties with Japan.

Last edited:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    We're fighting aliens now Pokéfans
    It kinda scared me that they were introducing a new type at first when they revealed Type:Null. Its design is kinda..strange, I mean it's just a chimera comprised of different body parts.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Gonna echo everybody else and say I'm absolutely stunned in a good sense:

- Wanted to point out that TypeNull's pupils and iris in its eyes are similar to Tapu Koko's. In fact, I think it's overall design is similar to Tapu Koko's, so I'm wondering if TypeNull is another one of our Island Guardians. The name is certainly strange, though. It also seems to be under the ownership of Gladion.

- Speaking of characters, holy Halliburton. I'm stoked, we got some potential interesting plot points going on here. I also agree that Lillie does resemble both Gladion and Lusamine, they could be related. I also think that the Ultra Beast jellyfish does resemble Lillie, that's an interesting find that was pointed out. I also wonder why the Ultra-Jelly is being described as a "threat", I think it looks graceful and cute. Maybe looks are deceiving? Also I wonder how the Island Guardians, Sogaleo, and Lunala fit into all this? I agree with what was said earlier about more questions than answers have been presented to us, and that's a good thing for a pre-release period, it's creating more hype. We got just a little over two months left before the game's release, so I'm hoping they don't reveal too much by then.

- The Japanese trailer showed off the Alola region very well, and I liked it. There were also some bits of scenery in both the English and Japanese trailers during the Pokemon battles that I also liked.

- Very interesting, Dexio and Sina show up for a Zygarde quest. I'm thinking its a post-game event, since it will most likely require you to traverse the entire Alola region in search of Zygarde Cores and Cells. This could mean an extensive post-game that covers the whole region, which sounds really awesome. That's already more meaty than the Delta Episode.

- To echo what Serebii said on his Twitter, did they just implement Pokemon Snap into SM? That is so cool, and I thought the footage of it was really adorable. I like taking pictures of nature and wildlife in real life, so I can see this extra feature as something I can enjoy more than the Contests in past games.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • You know, now that I think of it, this trailer reveal seems brought up more on the focus on nature vs technology (i just assume Type:Null is man-made and also Magearna, too. Not sure about UB-01 though). Could Zygarde be upset on the technology and tries to destroy it by calling aid from Solgaleo/Lunala? Then the island guardians come and try to stop them... So much imagination XD

This Pokémon wearing a mask has been dubbed "Null," meaning nothing. The shapes of its front and hind legs are clearly different. The reason is that Type: Null was constructed to synthesize the strengths of various Pokémon, enabling it to adapt to any situation. The mask fitted to Type: Null's head is a piece of equipment designed to control its latent powers. It's extremely heavy, so it also serves to hinder Type: Null's agility. To complete a certain mission, there was need of a Pokémon powerful enough to rival those Pokémon often spoken of in mythology.
    Apparently, Type: Null was "created" to be powerful enough to fight mythical Pokemon... VERY INTERESTING and why Gladion has it... Some people call it, but I predict Aether Foundation created Type: Null and they are truly evil

Back