• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • A pokemon being a "champion" seems unlikely IMO. It's just not as much of a challenge? Idk.

I mean Totem Pokemon seem like "gym leaders" in my opinion, they can summon Pokemon on their own, so, I would be open to the idea of a final totem Pokemon being "Champion" or something.

But yes, seems unlikely indeed...

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    From 4chan:
    My time to shine has come at last.

Wild Togedemaru has a chance of holding a Silver Bottle Cap.
    Why? Why doesn't Wild James with his bottlecap collection have a chance of holding a silver bottlecap? Why doesn't wild Pidove have a chance of holding a silver bottlecap?

"Combine" is now as an option in the Bags menu (Use/Hold/Combine/Toss). You can combine Z crystals and Mega Stones to make a new items, like "Darkium Z Gengarite" for example.
    Moon... Mon...
    Sun... Su...
    Mon...su...? Monsu? Monster?! Is this it? Have we finally become Monster Hunter??!

The aura of Z-Stones allow some Pokémon to bond with their trainers and change some of their features in battle to look more like the trainer. This feature is limited to the Starting Pokémon from XY and SM, Type Null and Lycanroc. Plenty of Customization Options now to reflect this.
    Fake. None of the mentioned Pokémon are from generation one.

Z-Form Pokémon function similarly to Mega Evolved Pokémon. You can only use 1 in battle, but they're so powerful that if it feints you automatically lose the battle.
    Okay this genuinely cannot be a thing so, oops.

There isn't a Champion in Sun and Moon. Your games final boss fight is with UB-02 Beauty in Moon, or UB-02 Absorption in Sun - they aren't catchable.
    Not even UB-00 Lily? Boring.

Strong Pokémon are available in the wild, some of them include Mamoswine, Aerodactyl, Dragonite, Steelix, and Arcanine.
    Already done in B2W2.

A wild Raikou roams MeleMele island post game. A wild Suicune roams Poni island. A wild Entei roams Ula'Ula island. They're all holding special Z stones.
    Fake. None of these Pokémon are from generation one.

Several returning characters from past games return with various things to do.
    This isn't vague in the slightest.

NPC named Maize can sell you a only a dozen Moon Balls, Friend Balls, and several other Poke ball selections every 12 hours.
    Maize
    Cress (Japanese: コーン Corn) is one of the three Gym Leaders of Striaton City's Gym,

There is a Ghost Type Kahuna named Christie. She is the cousin of Agatha from Kanto region.

I can't believe DPP remakes have been confirmed yet again!

Trainer Zinnia from Pokémon OR and AS makes an appearance. When Pokémon Bank becomes available in February 2017 she can tutor Dragon Ascent to a transferred Rayquaza.
    Um...
    In January 2017, the Nintendo 3DS downloadable software Pokémon Bank is expected to receive an update for compatibility with Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon.
    I can't even make this up; SM is going to gain Bank compatibility in January. This is just flat-out wrong...

Vileplume (Dark/Poison)

Mega Evolution is a post-game quest which requires you to find all 64 Mega Stones, 47 are from the previous 4 titles. Some of the new Mega's consist of Bellosom, Haxorus, Froslass, and the Starting Pokémon of GS.
    The only good thing in this whole "leak."

Pokémon Sun and Moon take place 20 years after the events of Red and Blue, and 3 years after the events of XY.
    Sure thing, bud.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I can't wait until we get closer to release so we'll have some more serious leaks.

Honestly I'm so ready for some serious "these could actually be real" moments and less "this just sounds like a wishlist somebody came up with because they were bored and then called it a leak" moments.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • This is the second leak that mentioned Agatha in a way. There was one a few weeks ago that mentioned her as a Kahuna, and now this new one mentions her cousin. It's just an interesting character to mention because she's one of the only characters that does not appear outside the Gen 1 games and their remakes, the other being Lorelei. I wouldn't mind finding out what happened to her after the events of those games to be honest.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • This is the second leak that mentioned Agatha in a way. There was one a few weeks ago that mentioned her as a Kahuna, and now this new one mentions her cousin. It's just an interesting character to mention because she's one of the only characters that does not appear outside the Gen 1 games and their remakes, the other being Lorelei. I wouldn't mind finding out what happened to her after the events of those games to be honest.

it's because she's a sexy old lady w/ a big fan base.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    From 4chan:

Spoiler:

No Champion huh ,

Then Whom does he talking about ?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • From 4chan:

Spoiler:

Obviously fa-

Mega Evolution is a post-game quest which requires you to find all 64 Mega Stones, 47 are from the previous 4 titles. Some of the new Mega's consist of Bellosom, Haxorus, Froslass, and the Starting Pok?mon of GS.

Why do you have to set me up this way leaker :(

Years
  • I don't believe that 4chan leak, but having an Ultra Beast be the final boss would be quite the twist, because the only game so far where you fought someone other than the Champion as the final main story battle is Black & White, a game that I have already been making loads of connections with.

Alola having no tradition league could also reason why an Ultra Beast may be the final battle instead of the Elite Four + Champion.

Also this: https://megapokemonxy.tumblr.com/post/151327266076/pok%C3%A9mon-sun-and-moon-october-2016-leaks

I did also see someone on Tumblr mention the starter final evolutions from the concept art might be Sun exclusive (being Grass/Flying, Fire/Dark and Water/Fairy like has been rumoured before) while Moon will be getting different forms. He mentions the Rowlet will have a wizard-based Grass/Psychic evo (7 weaknesses ewww), a beast-based Popplio evo that's Water/Fighting (don't like it because it'll be ugly as hell) and a scorpion like tail for an alternate Litten evo, being Fire/Poison.

Personally, I don't want that to be true because I planned Moon as my main version and I want my majestic siren Popplio! If Popplio turns ugly on Moon I may have to end up either playing Sun instead or switching to Team Rowlet, but Grass/Psychic would suck automatically due to having all those weaknesses, so that would leave me with the least liked one aka Litten. And I admit Litten is my least fave of the three if I had to rank them.

He also mentions Drampa having a three-stage line, and Jangmo-o's final evolution being Dragon/Steel. I wouldn't mind a new Dragon/Steel alongside Dialga, but I personally think his leak will be a fake. Especially if the trailer (dropping at 12:00 midnight for me, since I started Daylight Savings) disproves it.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Personally, I wouldn't take the riddler's leak as gospel. I'm still wondering the meaning of the whole Anabel and Colress hint, which is vague enough that anything even tangentially related to both of those characters can prove this riddler "right".

Agree with this... {:3}

Though to be fair, the riddler leak is one of the most correct leak so far (alongside the Chinese leak)...

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • and Jangmo-o's final evolution being Dragon/Steel. I wouldn't mind a new Dragon/Steel alongside Dialga

If I am remembering correctly, didn't someone mention that the name for Jangmo-o is based of the noise chain makes - in reference to it having chainmail-like armour/skin? Backed up by the fact it has bulletproof was one of it's abilities, I think it's quite likely it'll be dragon/steel when it evolves! ^^

Also, I reaaaaally hope the split evos either don't happen like suggested or happen at all - since I (like Hika) really want to use the SirenPopplio and I intend on buying moon version (dayform Lycanroc!). At the moment though, I really don't think the starters will have split evos at all, anywho.

Years
  • If I am remembering correctly, didn't someone mention that the name for Jangmo-o is based of the noise chain makes - in reference to it having chainmail-like armour/skin? Backed up by the fact it has bulletproof was one of it's abilities, I think it's quite likely it'll be dragon/steel when it evolves! ^^

Also, I reaaaaally hope the split evos either don't happen like suggested or happen at all - since I (like Hika) really want to use the SirenPopplio and I intend on buying moon version (dayform Lycanroc!). At the moment though, I really don't think the starters will have split evos at all, anywho.

I think I did hear Jangmo-o's name had something to do with armour, so having an evolution becoming a Steel-type will actually make sense. I would actually be shocked if it didn't become a Steel-type, like how disappointed I was when I found out Midnight Lycanroc wasn't Rock/Dark, a typing which would have fit.

Also, nice to see someone agreeing with me on not wanting different forms for the starter evolutions. I don't like the forms mentioned in that leak (one is ugly, one has too many weaknesses, and the third one is my probable least fave to begin with) and I feel different forms for the starter evolutions ruin the traditional straight evolution path starters always follow. I know how much this generation is changing up, but that's one of the things that should stay put.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Perchance I should re-word my earlier statement: I like the idea/concept of the split starter evos. But I don't like it being dependent on the version you get. :(

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I'd like it if it was evolve it in day or night tbh, where you'd be more likely to evolve day evos in Sun and night evos in Moon, if you're playing them in the morning.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    I would prefer if they weren't true exclusives, too. It just makes getting them all really tedious.

I think I did hear Jangmo-o's name had something to do with armour, so having an evolution becoming a Steel-type will actually make sense.

Regarding Jangmo-o's basis, for now I'm going with this:
    "The mo'o is an ancient mythological being which appears in legends throughout Polynesia. For the Polynesians, geckos were perfect mirror images of this dragon-like monster. It was believed that the great mo'o could simply use the body of the gecko for one of its many manifestations."

But I don't know, maybe it does have something to do with armor.

Years
  • Perchance I should re-word my earlier statement: I like the idea/concept of the split starter evos. But I don't like it being dependent on the version you get. :(

I agree with you. While the concept is nice on paper, having it be version exclusive is not. I've seen some people who initially planned to play Moon now change their choice to Sun due to Lycanroc's Midday Form getting more preference over Midnight Form, and it wouldn't be right to have the starters suffer that same fate - which is using a specific form to decide your version.

I'd like it if it was evolve it in day or night tbh, where you'd be more likely to evolve day evos in Sun and night evos in Moon, if you're playing them in the morning.

Maybe after 7th Gen they could retool Lycanroc to evolve based on time of day, but for the moment, Sun will always evolve into Midday Form and Moon will always evolve into Midnight Form.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Ash Greninja Confirmed!'

Those starters though.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm seriously disappointed with their choice to add Ash-Greninja to the game. It's clear that they're pandering to greninja over the other two Kalos starters. u_u

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back