• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Assassin's Creed The Ezio Collection (2016) - Game Discussion Thread

Would you buy this game?

• Total voters

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • assassins-creed-the-ezio-collection.jpg

Assassin's Creed
    The Ezio Collection

Systems: PlayStation 4, Xbox One Developer: Ubisoft

Make history as the legendary Master Assassin, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, in Assassin's Creed The Ezio Collection, which includes the acclaimed single-player campaigns and single-player add-on content from Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, and Assassin's Creed Revelations with enhanced graphics for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 system. Live the life of Ezio, learn the ways of the Assassins, and get vengeance for the betrayal of your family through 15th-century Renaissance Italy, into Rome, and finally in 16th-century Constantinople. Available in North America November 15, 2016.

If you would like to see a comparison video between the original games and the upcoming remastered one, you can watch it here.

Via the trailer above, or based on your experiences following the game, what are your thoughts on this Ezio collection? Is this something you would pick up if it was available on your system? Give us your thoughts on the game through your comments below.
    credit to youtube and the ubisoft website for background info.

Years
  • Whoa there is a remastered version coming out? Sadly I already got all 3 and I don't feel like buying them again just for better graphics. Hope for all the other buyers though that they will add kill chaining to AC2 because doing kill chains is awesome :P

Even tho I won't be getting it, I love the triology nonetheless. Definitely the best AC games, with Black Flag coming right after.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Ezio trilogy was the best part of Assassin's Creed really.

Tho I also stopped playing the series after Revelations so idk how good the others are, but I mainly stopped cuz it seemed like after Revelations they kinda just decided to throw the whole story out the window and just try to milk the franchise name =/

This is something I'd rather see come out years from now though, when the originals have gotten kinda old and it's been so long that it'd make replaying it better.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I checked the comparison video between PS3 and PS4 and...
    Am I the only one that prefers the apparently older version? =D

See, I completely agree with you on this. To me - and feel free to add your point of view - the added brightness in the remastered version actually makes the render models "pop" persay, almost making the game seem outdated to the originals. The darker tones in the originals made the games look well meshed, in my opinion, whereas this remastered version makes character models out of place of their environments.

Years
  • I already own like 2 version of each Ezio game in the series, so I doubt I'll be getting this. As fun as the games are, I feel like I've completely covered all the content in these games and that updated graphics won't do much for me. It'll be a nice entry point for people who haven't had the pleasure of experiencing the Ezio games, though!

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Can't wait to add this collection to my collection of Assassin's Creed games I start but never finish despite being brilliant games.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Have you ever completed an Assassins Creed game? Haha.

No. I have every one released since III. Haven't completed any of them. I do plan on completing Syndicate at some point though.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • No. I have every one released since III. Haven't completed any of them. I do plan on completing Syndicate at some point though.

You're an achievement hunter as well right? AC1 & AC2 are the easiest to perfect imo, although I wouldn't be surprised if it's difficult to get into AC1 now as it will be probably seen very, very outdated.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    You're an achievement hunter as well right? AC1 & AC2 are the easiest to perfect imo, although I wouldn't be surprised if it's difficult to get into AC1 now as it will be probably seen very, very outdated.

Sure. Although I feel that has ruined my enjoyment of games somewhat. I have to do all the side missions and stuff and get all the campaign achievements/trophies I possibly can before beating the campaign, and then that bores me, so I end up not finishing a game despite enjoying it.

See: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain for a good example.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Sure. Although I feel that has ruined my enjoyment of games somewhat. I have to do all the side missions and stuff and get all the campaign achievements/trophies I possibly can before beating the campaign, and then that bores me, so I end up not finishing a game despite enjoying it.

See: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain for a good example.

Only played that game for like 5 minutes lol. What's the problem with it?

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    As much as I love the Ezio trilogy, I still think they should also remaster AC1 and 3. Why? Because there are two stories: one of the Assassin and the other of Desmond. Yes, I know, we can all agree that that part of the story was no one's favourite and it's likely nobody even remembers it. But still, it's still part of that particular series and it would be like remastering any other game leaving behind its potentially less popular sequels/prequels.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Only played that game for like 5 minutes lol. What's the problem with it?

Oh, there was no problem. I just did endless side missions instead of the main missions, so that eventually bored me.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Not to jump into the conversation but the main missions aren't much more interesting in mgs V. I think I'm somewhere near the middle and I just can't get myself any further. You just tranq snipe everyone in sight and slip by the few unsnipable guards. I started just going guns blazing right before I stopped. More interesting and intense.

On topic: I might get this. AcII is my favorite Ubi release and I don't see modern ubi able to downgrade something already released. Hopefully... actually I'm sure they'll find a way....

Years
  • No. After Assassin's Creed 2, I kind of stopped looking into them, really. I kind of thought they lost the plot really. That and I think I've the platinum Trophy on Assassin's Creed II

Sir Codin

Ezio has been and always will be the best protagonist of the series. Kind of easy when he was the only with any actual personality (haven't played since 3).

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I missed Assassin's Creed 2 trilogy.

Ezio has been and always will be the best protagonist of the series. Kind of easy when he was the only with any actual personality (haven't played since 3).

Have to agree with this, why is probably the popular opinion as evident by the fact that they "milked" him for three games (which to be perfectly honest I'm okay with, I fucking loved Ezio's story.) Some people say that they restored the assassin's charm without AC4's protagonist, but I still say no assassin matches up to Ezio.

Back