• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Signature Rules & Check Thread

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I've just put a fixed width and height in my CSS code, removed some code that was duplicated several times in my signature, now testing it out to see if it still triggers any scroll bars to appear. As far as I can see, it hasn't so far. Perhaps the CSS code on top of each other made the forum think that one was adding to the height of each other, even though it was within limits? It could very well be a bug with the forum. I'd just like everyone to verify if any scroll bars appear on their end (since it may still happen with different forum styles). And also, please let me know on what I can do to improve my CSS code in future, if scroll bars start to appear.

Also, I was wondering. Did the signature disable (even though it was within the limits) a week ago still count towards a violation strike towards my signature? Or was it just an accidental disable? Just curious.

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Heya Platinum Lucario! Two things:

1. I honestly think you're good now (other staff are free to correct me if I'm wrong here; I'm seeing things on a 90% zoomed out screen on a big-ass resolution SOOO..)! No scrollbar on my end!

2. Unfortunately, we have to be ultimately fair in the way that we disable signatures. D: It'll set a precedent that others that are in similar situations would probably get themselves out of signature violations. Does that make sense? ^^

It certainly makes sense to me. ^^ Maybe the signature rules could be updated to ensure others that even the total amount of CSS-DIV codes that have a set width and height in a signature (whenever it looks like the width and height being all within the limits or not, often whenever another CSS-DIV BB Code is put between the CSS-DIV) would still count towards the limit? I'm pretty sure it only mentions about the size dimensions of the signature's appearance. The best way for me to determine that it does, is looking at each of the CSS-DIV code and adding each width or height code within in the CSS-DIV code up. If the total amount of CSS-DIV code is above the amount (whenever in width or height, even if the codes act as layers), a scroll box appears. So it really all makes sense now. And I'd really like to share the advice with everyone too! ^^ For example, a code within the same code, like this:
Code:
[PLAIN][div="width: 400px; height: 200px; background-color: #0077FF"]Even though it [I]looks[/I] like it's all within the limits.
[CENTER][div="width: 350px; height: 150px; background-color: #FFFFFF"]It still will make a scroll box appear. ^^'[/div][/CENTER][/div][/PLAIN]
It would still mean that the total amount of width and height would be 750 pixels in width and 350px in height, despite it being within the size limits.
Even though it looks like it's all within the limits.
It still will make a scroll box appear. ^^'

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
I get a scoll bar (sideways) on some styles but not others, so I think it's just a style glitch, but making sure.

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
Can I get some help on why my signature is disabled? I've literally had almost the same signature for YEARS. Thank you . =]

PureAxis

Conqueror of Knowledge, Enforcer of Order.
Years
Hi! I've recently started using the Unova Adoption signature, and I see that sometimes the sig doesn't display on my posts. Do signatures need some sort of validation before being used?

PureAxis

Conqueror of Knowledge, Enforcer of Order.
Years
It should display on your posts as long as you have this box ticked:

6e4n8qu.png
Alright. Thanks a lot!

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
This signature should be fine. 231x16, the file size is 1 kb according to my computer, so unless centering it is a problem, this is good? Just making sure.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
This signature should be fine. 231x16, the file size is 1 kb according to my computer, so unless centering it is a problem, this is good? Just making sure.

Yep, perfectly fine! =)

The sig rules tell me that you cannot make a layer with another background (if i don't mistaken).

All the signature rules say is that your dimensions should be within 600 pixels width and 350 pixels height and take up less than 2 MB. Other than that it's just that
Spoiler:

Back