• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mario Kart - Series Discussion thread

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
  • Mario Kart DS, snakey mcsnaker is what they called me
    Dry Bones and Rob Blocks
    Rainbow Road for the bants
    Would have to get a switch first

blue

gucci
    Years
  • What one is your favourite?
    MK8 is my favourite for many reasons, but Double Dash and MK7 are other worthy mentions for having awesome features too.
    Favourite driver/driver duo?
    Shy Guy or Rosalina
    Duo drivers
    Petey Piranha & King Boo
    Favourite track?
    Koopa Troopa Beach
    ARE YOU HYPE FOR MK8D?????
    YES !!

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When it comes to the Mario kart series, here are my answers:
    Favorite game: Three way tie between Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart DS, and Mario Kart 7
    Favorite driver/driver duo: When it comes to my favorite driver, my top three favorites are Donkey Kong, Bowser, and Waluigi
    Favorite track: Bowser's Castle (N64 version)
    Hyped for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: Undecided since I don't have a Nintendo Switch

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • -I think my favorite is MK 64 probably due to nostalgia, but I can't deny that MK 8 is pretty much the quintessential experience of the whole series.

-Well, up until MK 8 I had always used Daisy (if available) Changed it up and started using Baby Luigi for whatever reason.

-Kalimari Desert and Yoshi's Maze, both from the N64 game, are easily my favorite tracks of the franchise.

-Not really as I owned the Wii U version. If they had added some new tracks then maybe. I don't mind double dipping though as I enjoyed it enough and Zelda can only last so long.

Years
  • -My favorite Mario Kart game has to be Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 8, with 8 topping out a little bit further.

-My favorite driver is Daisy, since she's my favorite Mario character in general. Although she might be losing that spot when I play as the Inklings in Deluxe.

-My favorite track would have to be SNES Rainbow Road.

-I am extremely hyped for this game coming onto the Switch. I don't mind paying again for MK8 and I feel that it's gonna be great and feel really fresh on the Switch. Can't wait to feel the HD Rumble for this game too.

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
  • Mario Kart DS was my first but I prefer the newer ones tbh, so I'll go with 8.

I like Yoshi, Koopa Troopa/Dry Bones, Shy Guy and Bowser. In the newer games I like using bikes rather than karts too :)

I'd say my favourite tracks are Airship Fortress and Grumble Volcano. Most Rainbow Road tracks are pretty cool too.

I'm not that hyped as I did have the Wii U version, but when I eventually get a Switch for Splatoon 2 I will probably get MK8D as well.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm disappointed that there won't be any new tracks in MK8 Deluxe. :( It's a pretty bad deal for those who already bought MK8 for Wii U. Nonetheless, selling my Wii U copy and Prime savings could make it tolerable enough to convince me to get it.

Also, where's Diddy Kong???

Years
  • What one is your favourite? Mario Kart DS
    Favourite driver/driver duo? Luigi number one
    Favourite track? Rainbow Road
    ARE YOU HYPE FOR MK8D????? Yes

TheRose

Youtube Lets Player/Twitch Streamer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NJ
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I'ved played every mario kart game since the SNES except for mario kart wii and 7. I am planning to get mario kart 8 deluxe as i didn't buy it for the wiiu anyway but mooched off my nephew for that game lol.

I always played as yoshi and i'd say my favorite in the series would be mario kart 64 since thats the one i've played the most especially as a kid. Double Dash tbh is my least favorite of all of the ones i've played. i'd say wario stadium, royal raceway, or cocoa mountain are my favorite tracks.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    What one is your favourite? (Correct answer is Double Dash)
    Double Dash. Didn't even need to be told that it was the correct answer.

Favourite driver/driver duo?
    Toad.

Favourite track?
    This is a tough one. Rainbow Road. Any version. The music is so hopeful.

ARE YOU HYPE FOR MK8D?????
    Maybe? Going back and forth on buying it. We'll see.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • What one is your favourite?: Double Dash. Let's be real here, it's the best game. Wii is a close second because it's not dead.
    Favourite driver/driver duo?: Well, I main PGP with inward bikes, but I generally use Peach, Daisy, Rosa, and Metal Mario
    Favourite track?: Overall, I don't really have one.
    ARE YOU HYPE FOR MK8D????: Well, firehopping is confirmed to be dead, so yes. Inwards will finally have a chance in competitive play outside of luck and relying on dodges/triple reds.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • New players will probably be disappointed that mostly everything is unlocked from the beginning, but as former owner of the Wii U version, I'll be happy to just jump onto online play.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • i didn't realize just how much the double items would change up the gameplay in such a big way. lightning bolt followed by a blue or red shell just seems sooo much more common in deluxe. D:

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Anyone got any favourite combinations of driver and kart?

I always seem to go back to Standard Bike/Off Road/Standard and either Peach or Inkling Boy.

Trying to unlock all the coins now that Zelda is 20% complete lol

TheRose

Youtube Lets Player/Twitch Streamer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NJ
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I'm having a blast with the switch version of Mario Kart 8. anyone else have it yet?

Back