• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gail

Having no limitation as limitation
Years
  • hey LCCoulJ95,I really appreciate your work and I know how hard is it to make a hack rom.I love rom hacks with all pokemon,abilities,moves and features from later gens.Anyway,I want to know if you will ever add gen7 pokemon+forms beacuse its the only thing that is missing from making the game one of the best.well its already one of the best but with gen7 its gonna be one from one of the best lol xd

Nightrey

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2023
    Best hack! When are you going to put in new animations? like Low Kick etc :D

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • hey LCCoulJ95,I really appreciate your work and I know how hard is it to make a hack rom.I love rom hacks with all pokemon,abilities,moves and features from later gens.Anyway,I want to know if you will ever add gen7 pokemon+forms beacuse its the only thing that is missing from making the game one of the best.well its already one of the best but with gen7 its gonna be one from one of the best lol xd
    Literally the first post from 2 pages ago.

ON: Anyone else's having troubles with the Sablenite?
    I'm in the exact spot where it should be and I still can't pick it up, it's literally the only Mega Stone I'm missing.
    It should be right here, right? Yet, I can't pick it up.
    eA4Fxhs.png

EDIT: The rematch with Roxanne freezes the ROM whenever she uses a Lileep.
    EDIT2: The rematch with Wattson also froze my ROM when I defeated Ampharos & Heliolisk and he used a Magnezone and a Rotom.
    The ROM didn't froze though, when I tried it again and defeated Wattson's Pokémon one by one.
    Roxanne's bug still happened even when I killed her team one by one, Lileep's data is prolly corrupted or something.
    EDIT3: I tried the rematch again and everything worked fine now, what the hell?!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2018
    No one gives a smack about those people, everyone knows Theta Ex is the most polished 721 with all the updates moves/items etc... for a Rom Hack. I'm pretty sure for every hater you mention 65 more people played and liked the game. Finish the new one.

I do think you don't take some reasonable critism well though, despite how much effort you put in and other factors.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • No one gives a smack about those people, everyone knows Theta Ex is the most polished 721 with all the updates moves/items etc... for a Rom Hack. I'm pretty sure for every hater you mention 65 more people played and liked the game. Finish the new one.

I do think you don't take some reasonable critism well though, despite how much effort you put in and other factors.
    Yes, that's true, I don't take criticism well...I guess I'll be more open-minded about people's critics with the game, within reason. But thank you, my friend. Your words are a great reason why I will get back to working on the new version of Theta Emerald EX.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2018
    It's really hard to tell "tone" online, and also really easy to hide behind your own.

This rom hack IS well done, and you're a good hacker.

The only thing that ever annoyed me was unnecessary attacks on others.

Good luck with the update!

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2022
    Is it possible to obtain cosplay Pikachu in the current version? If so, how? Thanks in advance.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • Decided to make an excel document, disclosing not only where each Pokémon is, but the data of each Pokémon, with forms, including:
    Spoiler:

Should I add any other feature to the file, or is it fine as is?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Decided to make an excel document, disclosing not only where each Pokémon is, but the data of each Pokémon, with forms, including:
    Spoiler:

Should I add any other feature to the file, or is it fine as is?

I think you should add Experience Rates to the list. (Reference Link)

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Moves that the Pokémon can learn by Leveling Up and TMs would be hella useful too I suppose, but it may be way too much effort.

Btw, since I don't know if the next update (if it ever happens) will be made from 0 or not, in addition to the bugs/glitches/problems I've had up there, Pancham should evolve at Lv32 only if there's a Dark Type Pokémon inside your team, mine evolved without having one.
    Dunno if you wanna fix it or leave it as is, LCC.

6x92x1

xXx
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2021
    I've been playing, caught this zorua and then found a surskit, i checked the stats of my surskit and i found some colored stat: def 14 and speed 18. My surskit is level 11. From what i can gather in-game, i think the color means the stat is too little or too much for the level? I don't know if this is true though. Here is the picture:
    FuGLs

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • I've been playing, caught this zorua and then found a surskit, i checked the stats of my surskit and i found some colored stat: def 14 and speed 18. My surskit is level 11. From what i can gather in-game, i think the color means the stat is too little or too much for the level? I don't know if this is true though. Here is the picture:
    FuGLs
    Color-based stats are based upon nature. Red means it's beneficial, blue means it's hindering.

Also, I've added a poll, just something that I've been thinking about just recently. What would people prefer? A ROM hack with about 800 Pokémon (with forms/formes and every single generation), but with one region, or ROM hack with gen 1-3, with cross gen added (because why not), and every battle mechanic and little things updated to current gen, but it has a second region (Kanto, Johto, etc.)?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Color-based stats are based upon nature. Red means it's beneficial, blue means it's hindering.

Also, I've added a poll, just something that I've been thinking about just recently. What would people prefer? A ROM hack with about 800 Pokémon (with forms/formes and every single generation), but with one region, or ROM hack with gen 1-3, with cross gen added (because why not), and every battle mechanic and little things updated to current gen, but it has a second region (Kanto, Johto, etc.)?

I personally would like 800 Pokes. While the extra region sounds awesome, I'd like part 3 of the Theta emerald 'trilogy' to finish. What do you want yourself?

KriXtuFher

PoKéMoN Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2022
    1st option (800 Pokemon with forms / formes and every single generations but with one region) because we can use the 4 - 7 monsters in the game, new abilities and moves to use in the game, hope that the game has less bugs and glitches and I hope you will add a script to rematch (anytime) EX Hoenn Champion Steven in Meteor Falls. In short or meaning, a whole new experience. Goodluck and more power in Rom Hacking, The LC.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2019
    I really2 want to play this pokemon, but after several times i tried to patch the rom the rom cant be opened.. only black screen, but if i open the clean ROM *before patch* it worked... if you can help me please i would appreciate it Thx

Back