• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Battle Royal, Festival Plaza and more to return to Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon!

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I thought that there was a strong possibility that the Festival Plaza was going to be removed considering that the Pokemon Website announced that they were discontinuing the Global Missions.

Guess I was wrong.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    god damnit....
    but it is to be expected... they never removed these features mid gen.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    eh, aside from festival plaza returning, I didn't really think they were gonna remove any of these.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I thought that there was a strong possibility that the Festival Plaza was going to be removed considering that the Pokemon Website announced that they were discontinuing the Global Missions.

Guess I was wrong.

If you mean the "last Global Mission", then it probably meant it was the last GM for Sun and Moon. Global Missions will probably return with USM.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    If you mean the "last Global Mission", then it probably meant it was the last GM for Sun and Moon. Global Missions will probably return with USM.

Well with Festival Plaza returning in USM that makes sense.
    I've just watched a few past speculation videos about USM on youtube and a couple of them pointed out that when they saw the announcement for Global Missions being over for Su/Mo, the speculators commented that it could possibly mean that Festival Plaza might not return in USM. At the time they mentioned it before Festival Plaza was announced as coming back, I thought it was a reasonable guess.

With the Festival Plaza being announced to return as of today, I pretty much expect Global Missions to return as well.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Ugh why does Plaza have to return.... that probably means fishing is going to be the same crap it was in SM.

Let's hope they change it where you can actually find stuff or actually have games in it and not some crap that we had. If we had real minigames and played against others, it wouldn't be a problem....

Years
  • So features that I never used in SM will be in USUM? Fine, I guess I'll never use them again.

But I really hope they will make it more interesting. While Battle Tree was pretty standard, it didn't bring anything new.
    I never used Pok? Pelago aside from moments when I remember it exists and put some berries in.
    Pok? FInder and Battle Royal seemed interesting in trailers, but aside from that one time when I had to do them, I never returned to them.

But that Double Pack... If I knew the games would be better that SM, I would buy that.

Years
  • I thought that there was a strong possibility that the Festival Plaza was going to be removed considering that the Pokemon Website announced that they were discontinuing the Global Missions.

Guess I was wrong.

If I remember, the YouTubers Verlisify and PDWinnall both did videos speculating Festival Plaza would be dumped, but I had a secret gut feeling it would be retained in US/UM. Now I just hope Game Freak learn from the negative reception and improve it this time around.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • Really, I don't get why people hate the Festival Plaza. Sure, the PSS provides an instant way of communicating with people without having to go into a new interface, but from what I've found, a lot of people only really hate it because they don't know how it works or can't be bothered to learn how it works, or simply just don't understand the concept, so they simply just hop on the bandwagon of the popular opinion and hate it only because others hate it. If you get the idea of it and make the most of it, you can actually appreciate it. Among things, it provides a quick way of getting to level 100, as well as farming Bottle Caps. But oh well, as they say, one step forward, two steps back...

To be honest, I actually hated it at first, but started to like it as I got my facilities set up the way I wanted them to, tailored to my style of playing, and started turning to it as a very useful tool in a lot of aspects. The only thing that sucks is having to set up all the facilities again, but oh well, that's life I suppose.

27thColt

The Collector
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    I hope that...
    1) They add more to the Poke Pelago (at least 1 more useful island)
    2) They add an additional facility to the Battle Tree (if a Battle Frontier is not plausible)

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Did anyone want Festival Plaza? Anyone at all?

You would think that expansion would also include improvement and an acknowledgement of fan feedback.

Years
  • Really, I don't get why people hate the Festival Plaza. Sure, the PSS provides an instant way of communicating with people without having to go into a new interface, but from what I've found, a lot of people only really hate it because they don't know how it works or can't be bothered to learn how it works, or simply just don't understand the concept, so they simply just hop on the bandwagon of the popular opinion and hate it only because others hate it. If you get the idea of it and make the most of it, you can actually appreciate it. Among things, it provides a quick way of getting to level 100, as well as farming Bottle Caps. But oh well, as they say, one step forward, two steps back...

To be honest, I actually hated it at first, but started to like it as I got my facilities set up the way I wanted them to, tailored to my style of playing, and started turning to it as a very useful tool in a lot of aspects. The only thing that sucks is having to set up all the facilities again, but oh well, that's life I suppose.

I don't mind Festival Plaza, since it reminds me of Join Avenue in B2/W2 to an extent. It has great facilities, like as you said fast levelling from Rare Kitchens, and the bouncy houses that give you fast EV training. Lottery Stands and Haunted Houses can net you useful items, the shops allow you to buy items in bulk (such as Poke Balls and healing items), and then there's the dye stands where you can dye your white clothes into different colours.

I think it's maybe the clunky online system that makes people hate it.

Did anyone want Festival Plaza? Anyone at all?

You would think that expansion would also include improvement and an acknowledgement of fan feedback.

You'd think, but maybe they instead want to wait until a generation ends to see how a feature was received.

pkmin3033

You'd think, but maybe they instead want to wait until a generation ends to see how a feature was received.
    But...they don't need to wait; there's plenty of feedback on this already and, with the majority of the work on USUM already done with SM, it wouldn't have killed them to have taken it out and replaced it with something that actually worked.

I'd put its inclusion on ignorance or laziness. Probably both.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • No surprises here, it would be more surprising to either see one of these features removed or a new one added mid gen. Either way I?m not too fussed about this, the only ones I properly used in SM were Poke Pelago and Battle Tree.

Last edited:
    Back