• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Predictions on which tree will have the honor of presenting our next professor

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
  • We have been introduced to a new generation. The eighth gen will take place in the Galar region (as we all know). Pokemon Sword and Shield are regions based off of the UK. Question that came to my mind is, well the professors name. With each generation a new name is picked from the plantation field.

Kanto - Oak

Johto - Elm

Hoenn - Birch

Sinnoh - Rowan

Unova - Juniper

Kalos - Sycamore

Alola - Kukui (Still can't believe that's an actual tree)

I want to hear some juicy ones

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Since this is more of a general Galar speculation question I'm going to go ahead and throw this over to Sword and Shield!

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • Since the professor's house/lab is purple, I think they might be named either Orchid or Magnolia this time around. If so, maybe we'll get another female professor as well?

Years
  • methuselah? idk, seems to sort of fit galar. or maybe they would just go all-out with Professor Tree to rule them all

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Who says our next professor will be named after a tree? Maybe they'll shake things up this time, and give the professor a name that's not related to trees at all.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Totally voting for a female Aspen!

Pine and Cedar have been used in roleplays since the beginning of time haha, probably fangames too. Would be both cool and confusing if they finally used one of them.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • Damn @Sloxy you get my nod and upvote for bringing out a subject of conversation that's like, "wut why didn't we think of this before". Truly we need tree names!

Cedar and Magnolia are the ones I'd expect, but then again I don't know much about trees.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Maple or Eucalyptus perhaps? Both trees are commonly found in Canada and Australia respectively, which are both places that were colonized by England. It may be a slight reach, but as a Canadian I'm really hoping for a professor Maple!

Also, another female professor would be lovely! ^-^

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Because Kukui was the name for Alola, which is also the Hawaiian state tree, I am going to assume it is a tree native to UK. My guess is Hawthorne, Holly, or Yew.

The Fortingall Yew is the oldest tree in the UK, 2000 to 3000 years old, and it basically a sacred monument, so I am going to guess Yew probably has the highest possibility. This would also match the 3000 year theme we have been having lately.

Last edited:
    Back