• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Glameow or Purugly

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I think it depends on what you want really. I mean I personally love Purugly, but one thing to consider is it's movepool. It it pretty lackluster in terms of Physical moves. If this is for in-game purposes, then you can always run a mixed variant, although it won't hit as hard. If you just want to have a bit of fun and use something you wouldn't normally use, I say go for it!

Years
  • Since the Eviolite doesn't exist in this generation, and Purugly's stats are definitely better than Glameow's, I'd say you should just go ahead with the evolution. I know Purugly's design isn't as cute as Glameow, but you'll have better stats which always pays off.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'd say definitely evolve it, Purugly is a great Pok?mon! Let's not forget it has a ton of Speed and the rest of its stats are pretty well-rounded.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Purugly is actually pretty cool. I like to evolve pokemon to get stronger, even if they lose their... appeal.

Years
  • Pokemon contest wise : Glameow

Gameplay wise: Purugly ! :)

Having a good 112 speed, you can outspeed alot of pokemon. Also, you can run a set like

-U-turn
    -Fake out
    -Return
    -Aerial ace

Back