• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dragon's Den V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
Years
  • See, that's what I'm trying to prevent, people voting while they are uninformed. Always read everything before voting.

Time Guardian

Requiem of the 13th Hour
    Years
  • I sent in mine dispite not being real talkitive for the past few days.

And still, they might of just used the horse/soldier bit only to make one bipeldal and one quadruped as that IS the only similarity. But used the Dragons as their base on apprearence to make them seem more fit for the legendary role.

Also, for Palkia's case, I remember reading about someone saying that the round shoulders and the back-fins don't make him look draconic, but look at his typing as well, it's part water so it would make sense to make the "wings" look more like fins to fit the type. Also since his name and such is based on his version color, Pearl, it would only make more sense in the typing/appearence to match that of a pearl, hence why areas of him look more rounded and spherical in appearence.

Either way, he is still more Dragon looking then anything, heck, he could very well represent a more of ancient-looking dragon which is why it may not be "exactly" like the dragons you see most commonly represented now. Same thing will go for Dia, There's a possability that if dragons did actually exist now, they wouldn't look the same in the beginning of the world then they would at present date.

Even so, it's best not to get me started too much on Dialga, since he IS my favorite out of the Dragons. Hence why I tried to avoid and go more on the Palkia scale for not.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Tell me when have you EVER seen an animal that lookslike Palkia or Dialga(nevermind the horse)?! You can't assume that they look like ancient Dragons(dragons that lived in the time of dinosaurs)! There's no proof of that, and if you would know something more on evolution, and how it works, you would know that early dragons looked a bit like Pterodactyls...

tkallab

Years
  • Listen, I respect your theory of dragons existing, and I kind of understand it, but I don't believe it, and apparently, neither do Pokémon's makers. They don't have certain guidelines to follow when creating dragons, because they're not studied and all. Also, keep in mind that Palkia and Dialga are much, much older than your ancient dragon, and not created by evolution, but by Arceus. And Arceus doesn't have to follow any guidelines at all.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • LOL
    Yeah, you've got a point there...
    I think that this disscussion is getting waaay of-topic, so a conclusion is this: we've both made our statements, we know each-other's arguments, and let's just leave it at that. What do you say?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I say....welcome ShadowDragon! xD

Please make sure you read the first two posts and vote before the end of November! (I do recommend reading the last ten-ish pages before voting however, sorry. It'll help inform you more in certain cases, and confuse you in others)

And yes, let's leave it at this before I start going uber-serious and accuse you of being a dragon-nazi or something xD

n.b. my OP added more members!

Time Guardian

Requiem of the 13th Hour
    Years
  • There's no proof either way for certain, so you can disprove or prove the theory either, it's just the way I see of it as. And being created by Arc means that being the first, they would be different then the usual dragons.

I was was more trying to think among the lines of the designers the anything, but then again, I failed in that area. Combined with the fact that I talk in circles too often...I usually try to avoid things like this.

EDIT - Scratch this, apparently I seem to take TOO long trying to do one small post sometimes.

tkallab

Years
  • There's one more thing I thought of, but I'm not sure wether it'll work in my favor or yours...
    You know how Palkia and Dialga live in their own dimensions and all, where time and space probably has no meaning? What if that had kind of corrupted them? Like, being exposed to those strange dimensions would probably distort me, too.
    Where I'm going with this... Maybe Palkia and Dialga looked completely different when they were created. Maybe they looked like full-fledged European dragons, or even your warrior and horse. I mean, you don't know how time and space work. Maybe it changes you over time.
    Problem is, will this help to prove your arguments or mine? I don't really know...

By the way, Amore, I'm not a dragon Nazi! I've been fighting for everything to stay the same all the time! Smily face.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I was meaning Draggy...sorry. :D
    No offence Draggy.

But hey, why are we continuing this guys? Good point, but seriously, it ends here. New topic:

If you could alter any dragon-type move, what would be, how would you do it, and why?

I'll answer later..

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • Sorry for not reading the posts, good news is now ive finally got my PC back and now ill be online more.
    as for the new topic, pherhaps Dragon Rage, it hasn't got enough power to be called Dragon Rage i think, it can be handy but it should be called something like...Dragon Temper....or something.
    Not saying it should be called that, just a suggestion.

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
  • Dragon Pulse for me. It needs to look like Water Pulse, because it is the same wording of the move, but just with a Dragon typing.

Will94

Trainer Card Maker
    Years
  • Sorry for not reading the posts, good news is now ive finally got my PC back and now ill be online more.
    as for the new topic, pherhaps Dragon Rage, it hasn't got enough power to be called Dragon Rage i think, it can be handy but it should be called something like...Dragon Temper....or something.
    Not saying it should be called that, just a suggestion.
    Actually I have to disagree there. I find Dragon Rage rather powerful!
    So in FireRed I was training up my Dratini, and where I was training all th wild Pokemon were at least ten levels above me, and whenever I used Dragon Rage it halved their health!
    So that is what is happening for me, not sure about you though...

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah....that's because it inflicts 40 damage, which means Gyarados is the only evolved Dragon who ever gets any use out of it, as the others evolve at lv.40+, where most, if not all pokémon have 100+ hp, meaning it'd take at least 3 Dragon Rage attacks to knock them out.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • OK OK maybe i was wrong, it's never been that much use to me in wifi battles y'know, but it's a great move to know while doing training.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol, as long as you only take on pokémon below lv.30 (or random nfe pokémon up to lv.40).

So while yes, it could be good, I reckon it's ok as it is. It's better than Sonicboom, and usually more powerful than Twister xD

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Lol. No, Silhouette, I started off voting (check my OP on page 1). And now we're arguing about just what Dialga and Palkia are (because they're obviously not a dragon/steel and dragon/water deity, are they?) :P

And yes, Draggy is outnumbered.

Oh, we also had about 4 new members in the last two days.
    Oh, okay. And reading the four pages since then and now, that sums it up pretty nicely.

I was going to ask what was so "non-dragon" about Dialga and Palkia, but I realized that I would be kicking up more dust. XD

As for the dragon move that I would alter, I would alter maybe Dragon Rage. It sounds so cool, has awesome animations, and... does 40 damage ._.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • Oh, okay. And reading the four pages since then and now, that sums it up pretty nicely.

I was going to ask what was so "non-dragon" about Dialga and Palkia, but I realized that I would be kicking up more dust. XD

As for the dragon move that I would alter, I would alter maybe Dragon Rage. It sounds so cool, has awesome animations, and... does 40 damage ._.

My point Exactly, Dragon Rage is usefull, but ought to be given another (not so cool sounding) name.

tkallab

Years
  • For the first time in a long time, I can agree with draggy! In my opinion, DragonBreath is the only original Dragon move, whereas all the others are stuff any Pokémon cando with the word 'Dragon' before it. The only think I can say against DragonBreath is that it should burn instead of paralyze.
    Which brings me to my next part. We should have the move Screamer. In Monster Hunter Tri, all dragons have an organ called the screamer, with which it can produce an incredibly loud noise, stoping all hunters in their tracks. Screamer should be a special Dragon move that can paralyze and make the opponent flinch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back