• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon GS Chronicles - [Build 2.7.1 05/25/2023 - Version 2.7.2 Coming late April 2024]

Do you agree the project to be rebooted using the Skeli's Complete Fire Red Upgrade?

• Yes. Do it!

Votes: 49 76.6%
  • Nah. Don't waste your time on this

Votes: 15 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2018
    There is a bug, when I go up (out Goldenrod City) it directly teleport me to the 4th Gym

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I seem to be experiencing some pretty bad glitching. It works perfectly up until I meet the red head, then when he sends his pokemon out, the palettes change and effects break, though don't crash at least. Then when I got to the first battle with Ethan, the pokemon palettels were still broken, and after beating him, he just stands still, if i try to move around him, he respawns and challenges me again, this repeated four times, so I just can't get past him.

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • Link temporary removed due to bugs reported. Will be updated with glitches fixed.

I seem to be experiencing some pretty bad glitching. It works perfectly up until I meet the red head, then when he sends his pokemon out, the palettes change and effects break, though don't crash at least. Then when I got to the first battle with Ethan, the pokemon palettels were still broken, and after beating him, he just stands still, if i try to move around him, he respawns and challenges me again, this repeated four times, so I just can't get past him.

Do you have some screenshots about the error? And also I'd like to know what emulator you're using.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Link temporary removed due to bugs reported. Will be updated with glitches fixed.

Do you have some screenshots about the error? And also I'd like to know what emulator you're using.

I've never messed with images here before so I'm not sure if I'm doing this right.
    https://imgur.com/FTLKXhD
    https://imgur.com/5xWGGKv
    https://imgur.com/pbKFRWO
    I just created an imgur account for this. A screenshot from when Ethan froze up when I used gpsp and two graphic glitches from VBA-M.

Last edited:

Dr. Seuss

Years
  • Beta 1 - Build 171118B released

I did an exhaustive testing in order to find a soluton for all the bugs reported and test if there are more glitches. I managed to fix most of them, however, I tested my rom using VBA-M and I was not able to find graphic errors like the ones reported. I strongly recommend to use regular VBA to prevent issues.

Burfixes:
    • Fixed first gender counterpart battle where the game does nothing after defeating him and created an endless softlock.
    • Gatehouse at Goldenroad no longer takes you to a different place.
    • Signpost with no text on route 46 fixed
    • Incorrect movement permissions fixed.

Improvements
    • DNS flashing when pokeball was sent out was fixed (Thanks to Samu for the fix).

Download link of the new release available in the main thread.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2019
    Could you please use other colors @@.
    Because they're too bright, i can barely see the texts.

Dr. Seuss

Years
  • Beta 2 is coming
    !

t5KtFOf.png
    DaxJk4x.png
    RY0pkR9.png
    WIkKKsu.png
    CJxTfE0.png
    SvsKgyD.png
    r45K714.png
    zidOfTd.png
    Yi6B9DV.png
    RVTLqvo.png
    c5XBv5Q.png
    OhQYSzR.png
    0wUgIL1.png
    k5UpOp0.png
    xB55n8q.png
    CGnlP7x.png
    PgslOET.png
    IaHUZws.png
    tRRFnNl.png
    lf9a4p6.png
    sODWJt9.png

Stay tuned for future updates and next release date.

RoadToCerulean

A Ordinary Kanto Lover
    Years
  • I've just downloaded and patched the game. Just a report of some bugs:
    Spoiler:

The game is great, but I don't like it when Lyra's role is entirely replaced by Kris. Instead, if you like her, make Kris be another NPC with different roles.

Last edited:

Dr. Seuss

Years
  • I've just downloaded and patched the game. Just a report of some bugs:
    Spoiler:

The game is great, but I don't like it when Lyra's role is entirely replaced by Kris. Instead, if you like her, make Kris be another NPC with different roles.

Thanks for your feedback!

1. I'm aware of it. I haven't had time to rearrange HGSS intro music to make it fit into the intro cinematic. As you can see my intro is shorter and is not 100% synchronized with the original one. (My friend Compumax did a great job with the intro)
    2. Nice catch. I must fix it asap
    3. Dang! I should pay attention to those little details.
    4. Nope, Lyra was just your friendly neighbor traveling around giving you obvious hints and items. Kris in this game performs a different role. I'll not give some spoilers so you will realize it's neither original Kris nor Lyra.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Graphics look really well done! Good luck with this, I'll keep an eye for the next beta!

Back