• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon GS Chronicles - [Build 2.7.1 05/25/2023 - Version 2.7.2 Coming late April 2024]

Do you agree the project to be rebooted using the Skeli's Complete Fire Red Upgrade?

• Yes. Do it!

Votes: 49 76.6%
  • Nah. Don't waste your time on this

Votes: 15 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Pretty nice "gen2 remake" hack. I like that role of Bugsy was expanded - might be really good if all gym leaders would be more proactive in story. Nice to see Ethan line from HGSS - character role is quite nice.

Locations looks good, through in case of Slowpoke well it looks a bit strange - fright with Rocket admin feel like its happening in random place. There is a bugged house near the entrance to Violet city - if you enter it, it looks like messed up pokemart and yuo can't leave. Also isle before Bellsprout tower looks either unfinished or unaligned
4GHTo0i.png
mWoslTQ.png

New interface is a mixed bag. On one hand, battle screen look quite nice. On other - new bag and new team screen look kinda strange - it's like it has too dark pallet compared to all other game. As a result it feels out of place. Additionally hatch screen and pokemon pokedex screen is just messed up. Pokedex has black font on black page and hatch screen has white font on white - both looks just really really bad and it feels like fonts were switched. Also Rival naming screen and Pokemart screen look strange
ZvlQC4c.png
2kszg9S.png
gomRQI1.png
r6n4hoY.png

Falkner gym feels unbalanced. Not only he has skarmory - one of the best walls ingame and pokemon with fully evolved stats(which means it fast), but he also has acrobatic on skarmory, and what's worse - said skarmory has oran berry. Which means once you manage to lower skarmory to half a health, it effectively get 110 power stab move, which was enough to one shot both 17 lvl growlithe and 17 lvl phanpy. Its like giving Brock onix earthquake. Even eiolite geodude not save from scarmory - it also has metal claw and if you are unlucky - it will boost skarmory attack making it really hard to tank it hits to pull it down with neutral attacks. And you can't setup on prior pidgey couse of its love to sand attack you. I'm not sure how to fix it. Skarmory with 110 stab is a too evil for that early in game. Maybe replace gym tm from acrobatics to roost(and go not provide skarmory with one) or at a very least give skarmory something like king's rock or hell - even leftovers to lock acrobatics in manageable 55 damage. At a very least it wont be able to sweeps 6 pokemon in row

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
Sorry for the late reply. Sometimes I forget I have a thread on this forum.

this is impossible to make, hg/ss does have some Post-game adventures so programming that is almost impossible
No, no, no and NO! This project is NOT a demake. I'm just using HGSS tiles because I lime that style. The project is a REBOOT and includes several changes that are not included in any official Johto game.

If it really wasn't possible, then I doubt the creator of this hack would have even considered making this. There are Demake hacks out there that have had decent progress. It takes time.
Thanks for the reply c:

ruki, you said that this hack was inspired by dark violet and gs chronicles is a reboot, to which I have a question
Since dark violet has been finished, the history of gs chronicles will have continuity with the history of dark violet? or does it have another continuity?
I always liked the idea of an official DV sequel. To be honest I haven't contacted Chaos Rush to ask him about it. Idk if he still active. But if he agrees, I can definitely modify the plot to make it a sequel.

can we kill the cow at milktank farm instead of giving it a berry LMAO
Lol

Pretty nice "gen2 remake" hack. I like that role of Bugsy was expanded - might be really good if all gym leaders would be more proactive in story. Nice to see Ethan line from HGSS - character role is quite nice.
What a nice feedback!
I already wrote the main story and things will happen at each location, so it means that I already wrote the role of each gym leader. I don't like the idea of a powerful trainer who doesn't notice what's going on on his/her town.

Locations looks good, through in case of Slowpoke well it looks a bit strange - fright with Rocket admin feel like its happening in random place. There is a bugged house near the entrance to Violet city - if you enter it, it looks like messed up pokemart and yuo can't leave. Also isle before Bellsprout tower looks either unfinished or unaligned
4GHTo0i.png
mWoslTQ.png
Well, those bugs were already fixed in the previous release that I forgot to post here and is available in the maim thread right now.

In the case of the Rocket Admin fight. Well, I just wanted to follow the main storyline :P

New interface is a mixed bag. On one hand, battle screen look quite nice. On other - new bag and new team screen look kinda strange - it's like it has too dark pallet compared to all other game. As a result it feels out of place. Additionally hatch screen and pokemon pokedex screen is just messed up. Pokedex has black font on black page and hatch screen has white font on white - both looks just really really bad and it feels like fonts were switched. Also Rival naming screen and Pokemart screen look strange
ZvlQC4c.png
2kszg9S.png
gomRQI1.png
r6n4hoY.png
Ok, I agree with you. Originally I planned to use HGSS graphics on these areas. However it was impossible to do it so I decided to use the ones from BW. I know it looks somewhat weird, but I cannot do those screens in HGSS style.

I have to fix those font issues. The issues with Pokédex screen and egg hatching screen is related to the changes I made with the main textbox font colors.

The Pokemart screen issues are related to the RZE tileset system inserted and I have no idea how to fix it. The issue with rival naming screen is that I resized the rival OW and I have no idea how to modify the size snd show the sprite properly.

Falkner gym feels unbalanced. Not only he has skarmory - one of the best walls ingame and pokemon with fully evolved stats(which means it fast), but he also has acrobatic on skarmory, and what's worse - said skarmory has oran berry. Which means once you manage to lower skarmory to half a health, it effectively get 110 power stab move, which was enough to one shot both 17 lvl growlithe and 17 lvl phanpy. Its like giving Brock onix earthquake. Even eiolite geodude not save from scarmory - it also has metal claw and if you are unlucky - it will boost skarmory attack making it really hard to tank it hits to pull it down with neutral attacks. And you can't setup on prior pidgey couse of its love to sand attack you. I'm not sure how to fix it. Skarmory with 110 stab is a too evil for that early in game. Maybe replace gym tm from acrobatics to roost(and go not provide skarmory with one) or at a very least give skarmory something like king's rock or hell - even leftovers to lock acrobatics in manageable 55 damage. At a very least it wont be able to sweeps 6 pokemon in row
Well. I eanted to increase the difficulty and use the team he uses in the Pokémon Adventures manga. When I tested the gym I beat him with no issues since I always choose Cyndaquil as starter and a Lv18 Quilava can beat Skarmory with just 2 ember. I think that Skarmory is Ok. It will be better if his team is reduced to 2 Pokémon, use a Lv12 Pidgey with only Tackle, Sand-Attack and Roost, and a Lv13 Skarmory holding an item like Silk Scarf with only Quick-Attack, Leer, Acrobatics and Roost. In my opinion is fair.
-------------------------
And just to finish this long post. I've updated the main post including the latest release. This build fixes several bugs reported by several people. The link is vailable on the main post.

And just to let tou know, I've finished to make all the main Johto maps. It includes all cities and routes. Only indoor/cave maps are not finished yet. It means that once I finish them, I'll start with scripts and finish the entire Johto region. That is the end of Beta 2.

Here is a short video:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 19, 2021
In the case of the Rocket Admin fight. Well, I just wanted to follow the main storyline :P
Maybe it would be good idea to put some item behind his trigger point. Couse right now I feel its possible to simply not go there and get into situation "what do I do wrong?" Which is not that nice

Ok, I agree with you. Originally I planned to use HGSS graphics on these areas. However it was impossible to do it so I decided to use the ones from BW. I know it looks somewhat weird, but I cannot do those screens in HGSS style.
What about DPPl graphics? Maybe they would look better here, since I remember that DP interface was kinda bright and colorful. THey won't suit here?

Well. I eanted to increase the difficulty and use the team he uses in the Pokémon Adventures manga. When I tested the gym I beat him with no issues since I always choose Cyndaquil as starter and a Lv18 Quilava can beat Skarmory with just 2 ember. I think that Skarmory is Ok. It will be better if his team is reduced to 2 Pokémon, use a Lv12 Pidgey with only Tackle, Sand-Attack and Roost, and a Lv13 Skarmory holding an item like Silk Scarf with only Quick-Attack, Leer, Acrobatics and Roost. In my opinion is fair.
I think hoothoot is ok. His stats are not that high, and apart from nidorans and arbok, no one else is weak to psyshock. So I think pidgey, hoothoot and skarmory would work ok. As long as skarmory won't be able to whip out unencumbered acrobatics damage which pretty much only geodude can somewhat tank at this point. Also what about a stupid idea of giving bugsy scyther eviolite? His gym is sooo much easier then Falkner

Years
hope this hack will complete soon, i can't wait to feel the Nintendo DS gameplay on the GBA
thanks for making a great hack man, keep doing your best
i,m asking this coz i don't know
-is there any possibilities we can access Sevii Islands, Navel Rock and Birth Islands??
-are we can get all 800 pokemon encounter in wild exclude the Legendary (don't bother count ultra beast, coz i really hate them if they're in the game.. my personal opinion)
-how about the BW Repel System & EXP upon catching Pokemon (hope you include this feature too)
once again thank you making a great hack man, i will cheer for you

Years
I'm stuck at the Goldenrod Sewers. If you look at the image, the game freezes at the exact spot of where the OW sprite is.

Attachments

• VisualBoyAdvance- 98% 09_07_2018 17_48_18.png
    VisualBoyAdvance- 98% 09_07_2018 17_48_18.png
    47 KB · Views: 31
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
Oh, this hack looks very good! I have one question - will it include Sevii Islands in the future?

Years
I think this project looks great!Another one to keep an eye on. :D

The threads title should be updated to say Beta 1.3 now available,as of June 11th 2018

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 21, 2022
consider using a background with a darker color than your characters or vice versa in your cover page. Due to the lack of contrast between the 2, I had a hard time reading anything....had to strain my eyes.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Popping by tk ask if this beaut y of a project is still in progress. Also, I read in a post above that there is a beta 1.3 but the the title in the thread says Beta 1.1, am I missing something?

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen yesterday
A quick edit to my post. I managed to get in the sewer but I can't get too far before the game freezes.

Last edited:

Dr. Seuss

Years
A quick edit to my post. I managed to get in the sewer but I can't get too far before the game freezes.

The issue is there is an overworld in that specific spot and it has a movement type that crashes FR. I was just testing movement types and I forgot to change it to normal. I will post the fixed version as soon as I get home and upload the fixed version.

Last edited:

Dr. Seuss

Years
Beta 1 - Build 121118A released

A new build was just released with some improvements and many bugfixes. Here is a little changelog of what this patch includes:
  • Critical crash at Goldenrod Sewers fixed.
  • Fixed footprints that characters left in sand.
  • The level of some pok?mon trainers was decreased.
  • Incorrect movement permissions fixed.

Improvements
  • Ipatix' hq sound mixer is fully working.
  • Evolution moves are implemented.
  • Exp. Share in XY style is now implemented. Deactivated by default. Must be manually activated.
  • Gender counterpart battle theme and Goldenrod Sewers theme were changed.

Download link of the new release can be downloaded in the main thread.

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Beta 1 - Build 121118A released

A new build was just released with some improvements and many bugfixes. Here is a little changelog of what this patch includes:
  • Critical crash at Goldenrod Sewers fixed.
  • Fixed footprints that characters left in sand.
  • The level of some pok?mon trainers was decreased.
  • Incorrect movement permissions fixed.

Improvements
  • Ipatix' hq sound mixer is fully working.
  • Evolution moves are implemented.
  • Exp. Share in XY style is now implemented. Deactivated by default. Must be manually activated.
  • Gender counterpart battle theme and Goldenrod Sewers theme were changed.

Download link of the new release can be downloaded in the main thread.

Sorry to trouble you and ask you this, but how long does the current beta/build go?

Back