• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are your favorite NES games?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Which games for the original NES are your favorites?

There's a few I like, which are Kirby's Adventure, Mega Man 1, 2, and 3, and Mike Tyson's Punch Out.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

I guess this is the part where I get strung up by my ankles and strapped until I have no skin left for saying that I don't honestly like any NES games.

That said, I like the music of the Castlevania games, and I appreciate them from a historical perspective I suppose.

Years
  • Dragon Quest/Warrior IV is my all time favourite NES games so far. The story and characters pretty aged well especially when you consider it's a NES game. In someways it's story and characters are still better than the ones in a lot modern games.

I also like Dragon Quest/Warrior III, Kirby's Adventure, Quinty/Mendel Palace and what I played of Megaman III. Although I haven't beat through the Doc Robots yet...

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I can agree with Dragon Warrior IV. I missed out on the NES era so I decided to pick up the console a few years ago, and Dragon Warrior (Quest) IV was the first game I bought for it. I love the way how each character is introduced and given their own little story before they meet up with main character. Mother (Earthbound Beginnings) is another JRPG that I loved despite some really annoying issues.

Most of my others favorites are all fan-translated games, lol. Fire Emblem Gaiden, Famicom Wars, Final Fantasy III just to name a few.

And of course, can't forget about Super Mario Bros. 3

Last edited:
    Years
  • Super mario bros, played it in an emulator, have completed the world 8-4 and it was worth it.
    Now i am thinking of having some fun with glitches.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    Final Fantasy 6. I love that game.

6 is a SNES game, best final fantasy imo but its not on the NES :^)

Mario 3, Gradius, Bonk's adventure, Adventure Island II, Metroid are my top picks from the NES

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • NES dates me but I was big into the original SMB, Tecmo Bowl(Bo Jackson is still the king), Baseball Stars, Double Dribble, Captain Skyhawk, Tennis, Operation Wolf and TMNT 2.

Back