• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
It's not often the story of these hacks plays a big part of what keeps me playing but man, I can see plain as day how much work went into this game!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 30, 2018
It was a really good beta, I can't wait for the full game to be released I can tell you put a lot of effort into making it. It's definitely one of my favorite ROMs out there. Keep up the good work :).

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
After I was promoted to admin, my character's sprite when entering battle looks like a Missingno. Does anyone know how I can correct this?

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 18, 2018
Been wanting a game like this since I very first played pokemon Blue. I was enjoying this until it cut off I was hoping there would be an update on here how long until the next section was completed but looking at the dates on this thread I doubt that will be happening.

I am posting this in the hope you come back and finish the game off. I have been playing it on the following link

Please finish this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caecae97

Son of Mewtwo
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I don't know if anyone's noticed this, but when Giovanni gives you, Archer, Petrel, and Proton the mission briefing for Silph, once you've gone to Silph and meet with Petrel and Proton, they, along with Archer, are still in Giovanni's office in the Hideout

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
I pity you. If you don't like this game, you have little to no taste in fan Pokemon games

some people just aren't interested in story, tie ins, stealing features, sprite growth, evolving world , layers... then why post I ask.... well because its good sport, to get a rise out of someone......some people just want to see the world burn. yeah I Iove no hack more than firered rocket edition !!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2023
Love this game just finished the most recent 3.0 beta keep up the great work this game was extremely addictig and had a great story

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 15, 2022
Great game! The dialogue has made me laugh aloud a few times. Question, though:
The exp gain seems very low. Is there a reason for this, or is it just to make it harder? Also, is there a way to change something in game to get more exp?
Like maybe stealing/not stealing pokemon?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 19, 2018
Few ideas or somethings that can be in the future

•have a new update or new game all together where your in johto and you and team rocket are looking for Mr.Gov
•be able to have lackeys or grunts at your disposal once you become an admin and be able to give them Pokemon that you may have left in your box. You can basically send grunts to areas and have them go get Pokemon and sometimes grunts will challenge your for your position.
•later later on have a new game or update where you have all the organizations battle in a new all out war and eventually you can team up with a another organization of your choice and each team choice has a different storyline. (Something cool that people will replay to get all sides)
•more choices for what you can do.

Sorry for my English

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 12, 2020
I beat red, it's actually quite fun.

i had following pokemon on lvl 18:
Geodude
Jolteon
Poliwag

+ an Arcanine on lvl 17
a Fearow on lvl 20
and a Kadabra on lvl 20

I'm not gonna spoiler you on what is gonna happen if you defeat Red, if you wanna know sent me a PN.

colonelsalt

Guaranteed to raise the smile
Years
Got you there, didn't I? (Credits to Spherical Ice for running this gag a couple of years ago)

I realised it had been more than three months since I posted anything, and I was starting to feel bad.
Rocket Edition is alive and well, rest assured (so am I).

Have gotten myself tangled up in a couple of other gamedev projects in the meanwhile, though, and am only squeezing in progress on Rocket here and there. Don't have anything new and non-spoilery to show you guys at the moment, (sorry to say it). As always, I expect summer to be where the biggest leaps in development happen.

Which is why I was toying with the idea of setting up a Rocket Edition Discord channel after a few of you suggested it. Did not see the point for quite a while, but have noticed that a number of hackers here have pulled it off quite well. I might be able to give you guys more occasional quick-and-dirty updates that way and anybody who wants can provide some real-time feedback that could help make the final game as good as possible.

If you like the idea of a Rocket Edition Discord, just reply here and tell me, and if we have at least a few supporters, I'll get one going ASAP.

Oh, and while I'm here, check out EthanSL12's kick-ass fan art of the game's antihero:
29066954_1627031997383616_2648029440302383104_n.jpg
28959025_1625829264170556_1066118729496002560_n.jpg

Supper flattering to be getting pieces like this. If anybody else with an artistic flair (unlike me) ever want to contribute something similar, just know that I get super excited about stuff like this, and you most certainly make my day.

ooooh, nice to know this is still being worked on - I was getting nervous. Hella excited to know that the next update will finish the main storyline. As much as I hope it gets here REALLY FAST; take your time. A functional game is better than one that comes out quickly, especially if it means the creator doesn't burn out and lose interest.
That said, I'm eagerly waiting for the day I get to play the game in full. Oughtta go back and play this over again, I don't think I ever finished the current demo...
I've just created an account to vote for you man ! I had a lot of fun playing you hack !!! Great job, i'm sure the next update will be even better ! Thank you for all your hard work on it !
I have to say that you showed us something exciting. A new Team Rocket rom hack is what I've been waiting for. I think it's time for me to check this out.
I love this rom hack
Good luck in next version.
awesome hack m8
Take your time with this hack and don't rush! Cause I know for a fact that it will be well done! Keep it going sir!
Great effort put in, many thanks to colonelsalt for creating this awesome hack! Created an account just to comment and vote hehehe. Can't wait for the final update!
I Just saw that you quoted me. 😃
I'm so happy about your work with this back, every time i finish to play with the latest update, i need ti know how It Will continue.
Thanks a lot for all
Can't wait for the next beta!
Hey...a don´t have much things to say about your game....
Only a few things...
Like...THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST ROMS I EVER PLAYED.
Really,i´m love your ROM so much...hum...i don´t have enough words to describe the way a love playing FireRed Rocket Edition...
I so excited to the next beta,for more of this awesome history.
I don´t know....but stealing other pokémons and commitng crimes in this game...is...so...sorry,don´t have words to say how i love it.
One of the principal(for me) aspects of this ROM that make me love it is the freedom that you have.
Other principal thing(for me) is the bounty system and The Team Rocket rank system...this aspects make me want to play this ROM again and again,the feeling of success,being a known bandit,a important person.
Well...very thanks for made this...i don´t know hot to thank you...really...i love it.
"What's your favorite ROM Hack" is a question I sometimes ask myself. However, after playing FireRed: Rocket Edition, I now found my answer.
FireRed: Rocket Edition is probably the best ROM Hack I have played; It is far different and refreshing from many ROM Hacks I've played through. The dialogue along with the narrative is excellent and gives the player a whole new perspective on the Kanto story line, such an example I saw during the player character's meeting with Blue in Tower in Lavender Town; instead of being just a cocky rival, you see a whole other side to Blue as being a sympathetic and insecure boy who has problems with his grandfather and rival Red which makes him feel human. Many other characters such as Bill, Giovanni and Mr Fuji are far more fleshed out and thus more interesting thanks to the good writing. Nearly every NPC has had their dialogue re-written and whenever something happens, they react to it.
One aspect of this ROM Hack that I found most appealing is the absolute freedom you are given; you may choose to steal or not and you may choose to accept side quest missions or not. Another aspect is also liked is the bounty system which indicates your level of success throughout the game as well as the rocket ranks. Basically, the bounty and rocket rank systems makes you feel like you are actually succeeding unlike getting some badges that don't feel achieving.
Throughout the ROM Hack, I was engrossed with the story and I enjoyed it entirely. I could definitely see that a lot of passion, love and hard work was put into this game. I look forward to its completion and I will wait patiently no matter how much time it takes. So thank you, colonelsalt, for choosing to be different and taking the time in creating this sophisticated ROM Hack.
Although I don't think any of my suggestions will help improve this great ROM Hack, I do have a suggestion that I personally would like to see implemented; I'd like the Centers to stop offering to heal the player's after a certain bounty is achieved, similar to the Marts.
First of all: Great ROM Hack!
Perfect work so far, i really enjoyed it :)
One small suggestion:
It would be nice if you could sell the stolen Pokemon e.g. in the Rocket HQ, because there is no need of boxes full with stolen Pokemon and it would make the "bad way" more attractive :)
Looking forward to the next beta!
I loved this one so much. So much better than all the other Rocket hacks. Can't wait for more. I hope it's soon.
Nyugh! The god damn game cheated me during the
Spoiler:
You can't do that!
Yo I'm so ready for Pokemon Rocket v 3.1& up cause I always wondered what being the villian would be like as I always hoped Nintendo would have committed. But like it is, it's more focused on Mario games for the switch and what they can mash it up with. I have found a weird Sprite in the game of cerlerian city as you go into the corner or where the trees are by the gym there's a team rocket grunt stuck in the trees. I tried to see if it was a mini game to save em, but it's a grunt Sprite fused with a tree. I tried resetting the game as well as lost my old progress,(not like I can't remember do it) and check out this. It never changed. Even when I became admin and executive of the rocket gang. It can use a bit moreout of battle Pokemon use it's unique moves in the environment of the game. Plus I as a thief in the game should be able to steal the Pokemon in mid battle with out the trainer bumping my poke'balls as I attempt to steal their pokemon
Just thought i'd say, so far this is the most entertaining and compelling Pokemon hack I have ever played. It tells a story perfectly of what goes on behind the scenes in the real Fire Red game. I love this Rom Hack and I don't want you to change a thing, I am looking forward to Beta 4 and beyond. Keep up the great work!
Never thought the day would come where I can say, "this is the best hack ever", but it did.
This is the best hack ever. Totally.
The sheer investment into the story makes me feel like one of those self-insert bad boy manga protagonists who lost once and then has a training montage into being the strongest guy in Kanto, but in a good way.
Anyways, really, really minor bugs here and there like that one guy in the Bike route that has an invisible wall above him, little out of place colors here and there on the menu (usually, two dots beside the town name), Graveler becoming Rhyhorn, and the fact that Bill says the game is unfinished (the game is too good for that).
So yeah. Good luck and more power to you genius dude you. And I hope we get the next patch soon.
Ronnie reminds me of a real life mobster who always thought 'gangsters don't follow rules' and that philosophy is what got him killed. Team Rocket is basically the mob, Giovanni is even an Italian name. Ronnie just does whatever the hell he wants if he thinks it'll get him a promotion. I hope he gets his ass kicked during that conversation with Giovanni that you gave us a teaser for. I would absolutely love for there to be an option to choose if you should keep your loyalties with Giovanni or stand up for your 'friend.' The minute I met Ronnie I said to myself, "by the end of this, you are going to be crying, like a little *****" totally not a TFS reference
This is a piece of art! wonderful subtleties here and there that makes me relive the moments when I actually played FireRed. I remember, when I played FireRed, someone in the end of the Nugget Bridge invites the player to join Team Rocket and I remember really wanting to be a Rocket grunt. Ha, good ol' days...
The quests are straight-forward and I like it! Must be some effort to maintain those scripts correctly. Best of luck to you, hope you finish this hack!
This hack looks promising. It's a shame that so many similar ideas die or get abandoned before completion. I'll be looking forward to the finished version. :)
Holy Molly! I'm hooked... pls release more... I'll help you somehow idk...
Hopefully the finale game will be released soon, I've enjoyed the betas quite a bit and hope to see the end game soon!!!
Colonesalt,I hope that you are well come back and update when you feel that you are able.Real life can bother one a lot,anyways here we'll be waiting for your glorious return!
#We Remember Toxic Purple
I hope it never ends, its so much fun to play
Just finished the latest beta, I gotta say I love it! Great story line so far I can't wait to see the finished product.
It's not often the story of these hacks plays a big part of what keeps me playing but man, I can see plain as day how much work went into this game!
It was a really good beta, I can't wait for the full game to be released I can tell you put a lot of effort into making it. It's definitely one of my favorite ROMs out there. Keep up the good work :).
Thank you guys so so much for the support. It really means the world to me, and is the greatest motivation to get the final release out as soon as conceivably possible.
So, this game sounds amazing. But I can't play because when I patch the game onto a rom the screen just stays white when I load the game up onto my emulator. Anybody else go through this? Anyone have a solution?
I'm super-late in replying, man, sorry. Make sure you're using a Pokémon FireRed V1.0 ROM as your base (patching a V1.1 ROM or newer usually causes this white screen business).
Just wanted to say that I spent some time and played the latest beta, and I have had an excellent time. You've really taken Ckret2's vision and done something with it... and that makes me really happy.
Keep it up man, this next beta your preparing will be amazing, I just know it.
EDIT ----
I was running around tying up loose ends in the beta 3 release when I was facing an NPC with a Tentacool and then a Shellder with my Poliwrath, I used Circle Throw on the Tentacool and it one-shot it, the trainer sent out a Shellder and this happened...
EDIT ------
I'm almost positive this is unintended.
EDIT2 ------
You can steal Gym NPC Pokemon in Fuschia City as a Rocket Executive, i'm sure this has already been reported however.
Flattered, man. :) Yeah, I know what's causing Mr. Psychic to have a Venusaur post-battle, and have fixed it for the next release.
Gym NPCs are fine to steal from as Executive (Leaders you'll have to wait out for, however).
No idea what's causing the Tentacool thing, but will look into it; thanks for pointing out.
One of the best hacks I ever seen.
What I liked the most: The maturity level and the side quests
Bugs to report:
- Mr. Psychic's Kadabra turns into a Venusaur during the thieving screen.
- It seems that Graveler turns into Rhyhorn during the thieving screen.
- The character's sprite glitches occasionally after reaching the Executive rank!
Thanks so much, man. ;)
Venusaur/Rhyhorn glitch is being fixed. What was your issue with the Executive sprite (have not encountered graphical glitches yet)?
Just curious, will one be able to update to the most recent release when it comes out and keep one's progress? Looks great and I can't wait to give it a go
Awesome. Yeah, with 99% certainty Beta 3 save files will work for the final release without trouble.
Hi! Where can I get the exp share? Also, how can I challenge gym leaders? Thanks!
Get the Exp. Share from the policeman in Saffron if you stay bounty-less for long enough. If you can find your way to Fuschia, Koga might give you some assistance in challenging Gym Leaders...
After I was promoted to admin, my character's sprite when entering battle looks like a Missingno. Does anyone know how I can correct this?
Thank you so much. Never heard of this Missigno. sprite glitch thing, though? Could you tell me your emulator and setup and I'll look into fixing it.
Been wanting a game like this since I very first played pokemon Blue. I was enjoying this until it cut off I was hoping there would be an update on here how long until the next section was completed but looking at the dates on this thread I doubt that will be happening.
I am posting this in the hope you come back and finish the game off. I have been playing it on the following link
Please finish this game.
I don't know if anyone's noticed this, but when Giovanni gives you, Archer, Petrel, and Proton the mission briefing for Silph, once you've gone to Silph and meet with Petrel and Proton, they, along with Archer, are still in Giovanni's office in the Hideout
I have lol, and am embarrassed about it. Fixed for next release ;)
Does anyone know the release date for this hack?
Yeah, expect the final version around mid-summer.
I don't like the Pokémon FireRed Rocket Edition!
Sorry to hear it; what was that put you off it?
Great game! The dialogue has made me laugh aloud a few times. Question, though:
The exp gain seems very low. Is there a reason for this, or is it just to make it harder? Also, is there a way to change something in game to get more exp?
Like maybe stealing/not stealing pokemon?
Thanks, man. Exp. gain is standard FireRed fare; the policeman in Viridian can provide you with a Lucky Egg if you choose to go down the non-stealing route...
I must say, I absolutely adore this game! Though it doesn't love me back. Playing it on no$gba it keeps crashing and the save files aren't properly read? I got to vermillion city after managing to beat red and now it shows me just outside celadon right at the beginning! I'm close to giving up, spent 10hrs grinding to beat red :<
Thank you ;) I'm sorry to hear about your emulator woes; my simple suggestion is to use VBA. I will have to do more extensive testing with NO$GBA in the future, sorry about that.

Back