• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favourite era

Favourite decade from the 20th century?

• 1900's

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 1910's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1920's

• 1930's

• 1940's

• 1950's

• 1960's

• 1970's

• 1980's

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 1990's

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
Years
  • I very much despise reiterating the title all the time. But Slave is my middle name so I'm basically compelled to fulfil such annoying acts of cyberdrudgery. Sigh...

Anyway, what is your favourite era? You can shorten it to a specific decade or stretch it over many, like the Middle Ages or the Renaissance, or just say... the 1950's. Be sure to give a reason.

Years
    • Online now
    I think the 1920's and 1940's are the most interesting, from a historical point of view.

I'm most interested from the culture in the 1960's, such as music and television shows.

It's also interesting seeing how quickly things changed from the 1990's to now. Though I also find the attitude from certain people who grew up in this to be era off-putting.

1980's are my favorite decade in terms of movies.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Definitely the 90s. While, the clothes were tacky as fuck... I enjoyed the shows and cartoons and movies far more than what you see today. I was also born in '88, so I mainly got raised during the 90s because the 80s were pretty much over by the time I was born. XD Another era I like is also the 50s. I love 50s music, and I love the clothing even more. It seemed like such a fun time to be a teenager and what not, you know? :3

Since I could only choose one, I went with the 90s. <3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    1900s. The calm before the storm. Two World wars, a cold war, a few regional wars, more ground breaking advancements in science, math, medicine, tech, etc. Crazy political divide. Advancing civil rights for some countries. More great fiction. And a whole lot of other crap.

Years
  • 90s were good for me!

tbh when i saw this thread I though people were gonna be like saying the 1400s when people died of dysentery at age 20

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Born at the tail end of 2000 so I just missed the 90's!

I'd say the 1940's and 1960's. I'm absolutely enthralled by history and I've read so many books on the second world war and what life was like in Europe during that time period. Also, I loved the women's fashion. It was so elegant.

I also love the 1960's. So much occurred in that decade including everything from the civil right's movement to the riots at Stonewall and the spread of pacifism and hippie culture during the late 60's. It was a time of immense social and political change. Also we had fashion icons like Audrey Hepburn.

225px-Audrey_Hepburn_smokes.jpg

I also love the fashion from the 50's, 70's and 90's. Gotta love me some mom jeans!

Last edited:
    Years
  • The 1980's. A beautiful age where creativity was at its apex, and when eccentrics could come into the light and be celebrated instead of shunned. Great music, films and... everything! Effeminacy in men became sort of okay, which is great. Hopefully it'll be normal in a few years - I'd hate to think that my potential sons won't be able to wear eyeliner if they want, or maybe put on a dress if the whim takes them.

Otherwise it's the 50's, 90's and early 2000's. A chunk of my heart is still lost in the latter.

Back