• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I was indifferent for both games for gen 5. I never really played much if gen 4 either. Have some favorites from both gens though.

pkmin3033

You're the only person I've ever met who does, if nothing else.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

I like the Simisage line but am not a fan of the other two monkey lines.

I did use a Simisage in my Unova Black Nuzlocke and he performed well until falling at the Elite Four.

In normal Unova runs I tend to use other grass types though as Unova is very good for Grass Types . In the White games you can get a Lilligant early if you know where to look.

pkmin3033

I don't like monkeys in general, so monkey Pokemon are amongst some of my most reviled.

I just picked Snivy in Black. Problem kinda solved. xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I like Pansage bc Cilan's was cute in the anime. Don't care for the rest of them tho.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

Didn't Unova Ash make a rookie mistake of taking just one Pokemon to try and beat Elesa.

For Unova runs I tend to pick Oshawott as my starter but all three starters are good in their own ways and I have completed Unova games with all three.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

OKAY LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT BW!ASH bc he is my son and i will protect him until the end of time. For one he showed growth throughout bw and lemme tell you that boy was the most sincere he was in bw not xyz. In xyz his prowess was in battling but when it came to the relation he had with Pokemon and in particular Pikachu? BW had more of that shown.

Also we don't talk about the Elesa battle.

Snivy is my favorite starter from sinnoh. Ash's Snivy is perfection.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Obviously what i meant lmao. I was actually thinking about watching more sinnoh league when finishing that post.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

I did a Black 2 run once where I kept the adorable Oshawott unevolved until I defeated the Elite Four.

Talking of playing games my Pearl Nuzlocke is becoming the slowest Nuzlocke ever. I need to get back to it at some point.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years

Wait a second, there was a PT chat thread this whole time?! My gosh! Speaking of unevolved runs, I once tried to do a solo run with a Skitty but gave up by the 3rd gym. Lol

pkmin3033

I did a bird run on Moon to make it playable, and that's the extent of my challenge runs...for now. Maybe I'll try something new with Ultra Moon...it's becoming apparent that I need to make my own entertainment from these games =x

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

OMG I TOTALLY APPROVE OF DOING A BIRD RUN! *w* Haha. Birds are usually my favorite, and having both a Rowlet and a Fletchling on the same team was like a dream come true for me. xD I'd be tempted to replay Sun again (possibly to do a more dedicated bird run or something along those lines), but I'm not up for erasing my save file yet... D:

pkmin3033

I went with Rowlet, Torchic, Piplup, Pidgey, Swablu, and Skarmory :3
    If I was to do it again, I'd pick Rowlet, but...Ducklett, Fletchling, Starly, Murkrow, Natu, maybe? I like having a multitude of types on my team, and there are some birbs I do not like at all. That said, an Oricorio run of UM with Rowlett and Pikipek for the other two might be interesting...

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

They did a horrible job with oricorio imo. The concept was rly neat and i would love to use them but bc you can change which one they are they dont actually learn anything for that second typing. They could have at least given them a move that was whatever their type was. Kinda like weatherball but based ln its appearance not the weather.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years

I agree on that. Its whole moveset consists of only Normal & Flying Type moves. It can't learn any Electric, Fire or Ghost moves either by Level Up or TMs. And the only Psychic moves it can learn are non-damaging ones. Why even can it change into those Types? A total waste of a potentially good Pokemon.

Pika Pika :chu:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back