• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

It'd depend on how they handle it, I expect. I mean, nothing is confirmed yet...and really, divisions in a fanbase as large as Pokemon are only natural. Every new game splits the fanbase up further.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    51. They seem to be going with this alternate reality phase. First oras and now usum. Also the 20th anni movie.

pkmin3033

Timeline matters about as much for Pokemon as it does for Zelda, though...

pkmin3033

Well, that's nothing major...I mean, there's no real need for the franchise to change things like that. It'd be far too risky a move to make, and just because the original target audience has aged does not mean the actual target audience has. As always, its the fans that change, not the franchise.

pkmin3033

I sometimes wonder if GF have any plans at all outside of just releasing the same titles over and over again...they don't really NEED any plans, since its been working for over 20 years just fine.

pkmin3033

Nothing else you're looking forward to that you can look up to distract yourself? Or other games you could play?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I'm doing a challenge on Pokemon Crystal, which I suppose wasn't the greatest idea when GS is coming on eshop in the few months but eh, whatever.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I actually want to play hgss again but i need another cartridge to do that. Johto is still my favorite after all these years.

pkmin3033

I keep thinking I should give Gen V another chance, as its the only gen I've played once and once only, but I just can't bring myself to do it...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Gen 5 would be my least played as well, I believe. Funny when you enjoy it more when doing a Furret solo run than a normal run.

pkmin3033

I didn't enjoy Black at all...not for a single second. But Black 2 wasn't so bad, mostly because I had a much better team from the get-go. It really does make a huge difference as to what you can use. That's why I gave up on my initial Sun playthrough too.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

Whilst I preferred White 2 to Black I enjoyed the first Unova game. The monkeys being forced on you in BW early on does not help though. Gen 5 introduced some of my favourite Pokemon especially Lilligant.

Sinnoh is my least favourite region. The DP Pokedex is terrible and the pace is slow. Platinum was a little better but the Elite Four were still poor. Some of the Pokemon like Garchomp were good though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back