• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

Sad to know Oricorio can't learn moves to match its types. I had actually thought of using one at some point.

It is annoying how it has to rely on Revelation Dance for secondary STAB. It's a Normal-type move because of how gimmicky it is.

pkmin3033

Lots of Pokemon are pretty poorly designed, really. Some are overpowered with four-slot syndrome, and others don't have any moves at all. I suppose balancing a game is difficult, but they could do a lot better.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years

I find the only 4 moves at any given instance, a bit weird. Take for e.g. a Pokemon like Alakazam, whose Pokedex entry (literally) says:-

Its brain can out-perform a supercomputer. Its intelligence quotient is said to be 5,000.

And yet, it has to forget a move, in order to learn a new one
    Watch out for Ghosts...

Pika Pika :chu:

AR 26

Never Regret
    Years

Balancing a game could be a hard job but I,m totally sick with the idea of 4 moves only.And it gets more annoying when all moves I have are great but the new move is required to win the game.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years

There technically are 5th moves...Z-moves :P
    I can't even imagine how much chaos the competitive community would be in if they added a 5th move slot.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

Yup! It would definitely catch the current metagame off-guard, but putting that aside, I'm also really curious as to what number of moves people think would (potentially) be the healthiest for the game... or at least, as close to healthy as possible haha.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years

There technically are 5th moves...Z-moves :P
    I can't even imagine how much chaos the competitive community would be in if they added a 5th move slot.

That's actually kinda true...

Yeah, I think there'd be a lot of reading to do after that. XD

Yup! It would definitely catch the current metagame off-guard, but putting that aside, I'm also really curious as to what number of moves people think would (potentially) be the healthiest for the game... or at least, as close to healthy as possible haha.

Honestly I don't know but I would like to see what having a 5th slot is like at least. What about you?

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • 101. So close yet so Farfetch'd

Four moves is probably a good balance. Some Pokémon could really use a fifth slot, what do you think about Barrier/Amnesia/Leech Seed/Ingrain/Toxic Cradily with Leftovers? No way you can still bring that thing down.

pkmin3033

I kinda wanna see more moves introduced just because it'd upset the metagame, which is already tremendously unbalanced anyway, so it wouldn't make a huge difference...it might even do some weaker Pokemon some good.

Plus there's the whole "realism" argument, I guess. Teach a dog to bite on command and it does not forget how to wag its tail, or walk, or breathe fire

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years

I kinda wanna see more moves introduced just because it'd upset the metagame, which is already tremendously unbalanced anyway, so it wouldn't make a huge difference...it might even do some weaker Pokemon some good.

Plus there's the whole "realism" argument, I guess. Teach a dog to bite on command and it does not forget how to wag its tail, or walk, or breathe fire
    Pokemon memory works like data on you laptop/mobile I guess. If you run out of space, you need to delete stuff, to add new. Still silly tbh, but I guess that's the theory used
    Watch out for Ghosts...

Pika Pika :chu:

pkmin3033

Now, I could understand that if it was Porygon or something, but...eh.

pkmin3033

I can see that happening in real-time Pokemon games (Pokemon Warriors, PLEASE) but in the RPGs at least, it seems unlikely...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back