The PokéCommunity Forums General Pokémon Discussions Pokémon Trivia
Ch. 32: Power Revealed! - Pokémon Choice Quest 2

Pokémon Trivia Make your own games and trivia, or play games made by other members. Non-Pokémon Trivia goes in Forum Games.

Old February 19th, 2018 (7:50 AM). Edited August 9th, 2018 by HyperMorian.
Further From Home

Nature: Bashful
    Spoiler: Attention! It's a foreword from me!
    It's been a while since the last time I spent my days in this very section, where these moments of fun and sheer hilarity never ceased to excite me. Even after I made myself scarce to where my interest took me for several months, it's admittedly unprecedented as to how members of both past and present years are still making this place alive. And I'm happy to see the still ample activities taking place.

As much as I want to revive some of the ancient games in here to their former wonders, I'm not too sure if permission from its former author is required before making it anew. Although, I do believe that even if I asked, they will answer with a "yes", so while a confirmation isn't a necessity, at least a mention would be enough to conform the way it goes. I want to know how it feels like to manage something, while also trying this game out since I've never done so, haha.

I've been thinking also, some of the threads were sorta 'glitchy'. Therefore, continuation from the source threads may cause inconvenient lagging and unintentional double posting. The way to fix that is, well, making a new thread of it while retaining some of its mechanics? Surely, I'm not too sure what will happen to the game I'm going to maintain, but hopefully it'll work just like what I had in mind when seeing this game in its former glory. And so, here it goes...

Welcome to Pokémon Choice Quest 2, a revamp of its predecessor. Some of you may have heard of this game, whether you've been part of it or simply seeing it as a featured game but uncertain if the game is ongoing or put into a long pause. Fret not, this game will be starting soon enough as I wait for everyone to make their choice in this game, as well as their thoughts on it.

Are you familiar with 'Choose Your Own Adventure'? This game basically works the same, except it's Pokémon themed and everyone can participate.

How to Play and Rules

• The game will provide players with several choices that they can choose to control the main character. Pick one of the choices you like the most to see what happens next! Speculations and discussions alike are also allowed.
    • At its slowest, the game will proceed once every week with another pool of choices and sometimes at a faster rate whenever I feel like it had more than sufficient votes to go on. The cycle then continues.
    • By its nature, the game is rated T. Sometimes, the game may lean to a darker side while still keeping an overall softhearted tone.
    Casualties can happen. Though it's rare to see such occurrence, putting the main character into a hazardous situation may significantly render them vulnerable. If it happens, the game will return back to the previous checkpoint and the death counter will be raised by one.
    Pestering won't speed up the game. Some of you may be quite eager or hasty, but it'd be great to let the others choose while waiting for the progress. As I also have a life to live for, updates may or may not be in time, so please bear with patience!
    • If you've read the rules mentioned above, then this one simply tells you to have fun. So, have fun!

Pokémon
    None

Inventory
    Empty

Deaths: 0
    Chapter 0: The Early Dawn

Years have come past to an age where you've matured enough to become a fully-fledged Pokémon Trainer. Today is the day where you will start your own very adventure with Pokémon. What comes ahead remains a mystery to you, to unravel means you will have to travel far and wide to see it for yourself. The thought itself is exciting, but this also means you must bid your farewell to your old life.

...Then you realize that you're still in your bed, with a blanket covering you entirely. Not because you're too lazy to get up. Rather, it's still snowing outside that you really needed warmness to keep yourself from shivering all night. It's barely past 6 AM too, you must've woken up pretty early.

What will you do?
    1. Get up from the bed with the blanket worn like a cape and get prepared.
    2. Keep sleeping for another hour.
    3. Turn on the TV and watch a show that airs today.
    4. Do some morning exercises inside your room.

NOTE: It's just a game in PokéTrivia. While you're at it, why not try coming in here to post?

Relevant Advertising!

Old February 19th, 2018 (7:58 AM).

3. Maybe we see some news about Pokemon.
      Old February 19th, 2018 (8:04 AM). Edited February 19th, 2018 by VisionofMilotic.

Nature: Serious
        1. If this is the day to start my Pokemon adventure then I don't want to miss it sleeping, watching TV or doing a hobby. I would be extremely vigilant and excited. The cold would suck, but I would do everything I could to keep warm. I'll turn up the heat and that blanket sounds like a good way to start! A sweater I ordered from Lumiose city will help me out too, and a hot shower.

Name: Narcissus
        Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
        Old February 19th, 2018 (9:31 AM).

1. I agree with VisionofMilotic. I would be too anxious to do anything else in this situation.
          Old February 19th, 2018 (9:38 AM).
          Spark

2. Too early, the Professor might be sleeping as well, and it's cold outside. Wouldn't wanna get into the Pokémon Center before starting mah journey
            Old February 19th, 2018 (9:44 AM).
            Ultimate ???

Nature: Quiet
            4. Might as well do something I don’t do irl that early.
            Old February 19th, 2018 (10:11 AM).
            Champion of alola

1. i would be to exited to do anything else for sure.
              Old February 19th, 2018 (10:13 AM).
              Also known as 'Michelle' to some.

Nature: Bold
              3. I would love to wake up with some good shows.
              Old February 19th, 2018 (12:34 PM).

2. This is so me. I wake up early alot to look at the time and then I go back to sleep because it's so cold in my room and there's snow outside.
                Old February 19th, 2018 (12:35 PM).
                Vacation time

Nature: Serious
                  Out of all the options, 3 is objectively the best one.
                  Old February 19th, 2018 (4:22 PM).

Nature: Hasty
                    3. it would be best to get more information before we head out
                    Old February 19th, 2018 (4:23 PM).
                    Thumbs up~

Nature: Calm
                      3. Need my morning dosage of news.
                      "Even in a book of lies sometimes you find truth. There is indeed a season for all things and now that I see you flesh-to-flesh and blood-to-blood I know I cannot raise my hand against you. But know this, you are my greatest disappointment. Does your master hear me? Atlas! You can kill me, but you will never have my city. My strength is not in steel and fire, that is what the parasites will never understand. A season for all things! A time to live and a time to die, a time to build... and a time to destroy!”
                      Old February 19th, 2018 (4:29 PM).

Nature: Mild
                        1. I'd rather be up early for something big as this
                        Old February 19th, 2018 (4:42 PM).
                        Crossing Thoughts

Nature: Lonely
                        OMG YESSSSSS! I'm super excited to see this game back in action!

I think I'll go with choice #2... A bit of extra sleep couldn't hurt us, right? :D

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by HyperMorian View Post
                        As much as I want to revive some of the ancient games in here to their former wonders, I'm not too sure if permission from its former author is required before making it anew.
                        Might as well address this! If there are any other old games that you're interested in bringing back, you're more than welcome to do so. More games = more fun! ^-^

(On a side note, it's awesome to have you here again! I haven't seen you in the longest time, ahaha.)

"You really are the person I always thought you were...
                        Even after that painful nightmare, I still believed in you."

YGO ClubWright Anything Agency#TeamTrivia
                        Old February 19th, 2018 (7:28 PM). Edited February 20th, 2018 by HyperMorian.
                        Further From Home

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Song of Time View Post
                          OMG YESSSSSS! I'm super excited to see this game back in action!

I think I'll go with choice #2... A bit of extra sleep couldn't hurt us, right? :D

Might as well address this! If there are any other old games that you're interested in bringing back, you're more than welcome to do so. More games = more fun! ^-^

(On a side note, it's awesome to have you here again! I haven't seen you in the longest time, ahaha.)
                          Long time no see, Revise. I'll be sure to try my best, hehe.

And that's pretty neat! But I suppose I should let the others do that instead. Can't tell, but also can't wait to see what kind of games they're going to bring back.

On a related note, you guys kinda surprised me, but I guess that's just how you roll around these parts. Either way, it appears that we 'almost' had a majority on the third option. While it may be sufficient enough, it's still too early to progress so I'll be waiting for another 12 hours before doing so. Now I need to think about how it'll go, huh.

Vote Tally:
                          1. Get up from the bed with the blanket worn like a cape and get prepared. 4 Votes
                          2. Keep sleeping for another hour. 3 Votes
                          3. Turn on the TV and watch a show that airs today. 7 Votes
                          4. Do some morning exercises inside your room. 1 Votes

EDIT: Whoops, it appears that I didn't make it in time. Though I don't know when, I'll have it up tomorrow, I promise. *sweat drops*

NOTE: It's just a game in PokéTrivia. While you're at it, why not try coming in here to post?
                          Old February 20th, 2018 (7:52 PM).
                          Further From Home

... And it just happened that there are no new votes to change from one to another. Well then, it's time to proceed!

Vote Tally:
                            1. Get up from the bed with the blanket worn like a cape and get prepared. 4 Votes
                            2. Keep sleeping for another hour. 3 Votes
                            3. > Turn on the TV and watch a show that airs today. 7 Votes
                            4. Do some morning exercises inside your room. 1 Votes

Pokémon
                            None

Inventory
                            Empty

Chapter 1: What's on TV?

To huddle inside the blanket cozily, it kinda makes you want to continue your slumber. However, you're certain that you have no reason to be late that you refuse to pass the time with a nap. If any, you can always go ahead, greeting your bare feet with the cold flooring just below and in advance, have a warm shower to make it even.

And then, you decide to not remove yourself from your domain. Given the situation, you do have a lot of time to spend in wait for sunrise to come. The first thing to come in your mind is the flat, black TV in front of you. You lean to the right, reaching for the cabinet placed beside your bed and you pull out the drawer, revealing a black remote alongside other objects you had kept inside. The rest is as easy as pulling out the remote, then pressing the red button against the TV to turn it on.

The screen firstly views you an imagery of a well-dressed woman with a picture containing cloudy symbols beside her. She speaks audibly, "-and so here is today's forecast of Northern Raoga Region! In here, we can see the capital of this region--Nix City experiencing an early snowy start, but it will subside during the sunrise. It is predicted that today will be a Sunny Day, so expect a pleasant breeze throughout with snow on your shoes. Don't forget to wear warm clothing!"

You stretch your arms, now knowing that the snow won't last for too long, but it's still a hassle that you'd move away now when you can see more things in the TV.

Which show do you want to watch next?
                            1. A match between the strongest Trainers around the world!
                            2. A battle of wits in the Pokémon Contest!
                            3. Learn more about Pokémon living in their habitats!
                            4. Watch a Pokémon drama!
                            5. Obscure facts and the like!
                            6. Watch Nancy and Cristoph sing about love!
                            7. Check the lottery number!

Old February 21st, 2018 (5:09 AM).
                            Audino Master

Nature: Relaxed
                            3. I think we should learn about Pokémon that live in this region. Might as well find out some tips on how to find them.
                            Old February 21st, 2018 (6:11 AM).

3. Just as Janp said, this could help us find Pokemon.
                              Old February 21st, 2018 (8:41 AM).
                              Crossing Thoughts

Whoa, this still takes place in the Raoga region? I'm starting to feel nostalgic now, haha. ^-^

Anyway, I wanna go with #7! What if we get super lucky or something?

Old February 21st, 2018 (10:29 AM).

Maybe we got lucky?
                                Old February 21st, 2018 (11:33 AM).

1. I like watching Pokemon battles.
                                  Old February 22nd, 2018 (7:41 AM).
                                  Further From Home

As much as I want to proceed, I don't think I can pull it off with a tie happening as of now. Either someone has to make a tie breaker, or I'll just decide where it goes through a flip of coin.

Old February 22nd, 2018 (7:50 AM).
                                    Lilligant Trainer

Nature: Gentle
                                      3. Maybe we will learn about starter Pokemon.
                                      Old February 22nd, 2018 (9:13 PM).
                                      Further From Home

It's time!

Vote Tally:
                                        1. A match between the strongest Trainers around the world! 1 Vote
                                        2. A battle of wits in the Pokémon Contest! 0 Vote
                                        3. > Learn more about Pokémon living in their habitats! 3 Votes
                                        4. Watch a Pokémon drama! 0 Vote
                                        5. Obscure facts and the like! 0 Vote
                                        6. Watch Nancy and Cristoph sing about love! 0 Vote
                                        7. Check the lottery number! 2 Votes apparently you're about to get lucky but yeah ;-;

Pokémon
                                        None

Inventory
                                        Empty

Chapter 2: Which One?

Of course! If you're to go on an adventure, you'll meet a lot of Pokémon on the way. You might not know everything, but starting from identifying what kind of Pokémon you can find on the road ahead has always been a smart choice for both newbie and experienced Trainers alike. You switch the channel in advance as a man in camouflaged attire greets you, "Howdy there, Trainers! Welcome back to another episode of...uh..." He paused a bit before continuing, "A-anyway! What's your first thought the time you see snow? Many people think they're just white and cold. But for us Pokémon Trainers, this simply means Pokémon! ...tsk."

He spins himself awkwardly as the screen slides to the right, showing you live videos of various Pokémon in three different locations nearby. You can see a pale blue, nine-tailed fox howling at the sun from a high altitude on a snow-covered clearing of a mountain known as Mt. Rokk, and a Seismitoad chasing after a terrified fisherman, with the Pokémon whipping out the fishing rod like a bullwhip inside a series of swampy puddle of water known as the Gonji Lakes. The third one shows a forest filled with even more variety, but the scene is cut short when suddenly the screen goes on to show an opening graphic of a breaking news program.

"Attention, citizens of Raoga. Earlier, a mysterious beam of light conjured forth onto the skies above, from the remnants of the former capital city Volmia and also enveloping it. History has recorded of its grievous past, though it appears that the divided lands were raised by an unknown force, lifting the entire city above as if it was a floating island. The vicinity were unaffected by this strange phenomenon, though the carriage leaves a big crater on the ground. That is all, we will return to our scheduled broadcast shortly."

You're not sure what to make of from what was said just now, but either way, you've waited long enough to see the sun through the window. You turn off the TV, have a quick warm bath, get dressed, and make yourself a breakfast. You reach for the door to leave your room, then you enter inside the elevator, gently moving downwards as you wait. When the glass door opens, you hurry to the next block and enter the lab where the professor greets you with a smile.

"Hmm, you're quick." He smiled, "I think that's just natural. Here, I have placed three Poké Balls containing three different Pokémon that will aid you in your journey. What lies inside is a mystery till you open it."

"Now then, which one will you choose?"
                                        1. "The one in the left."
                                        2. "The one in the middle."
                                        3. "The one in the right."
                                        4. "This is so disappointingly basic! Give me something else instead!"

Old February 22nd, 2018 (10:02 PM).
                                        Crossing Thoughts

I'm going with #4, for sure! If we can't get lucky at the lottery, then maybe we could at least get lucky by obtaining some kind of bizarre starter Pokémon! :D

Quick Reply