• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime that are hard for you to watch

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Recently, I began watching Cells at Work Code Black. I find it painful and hard to watch because it's a harsher reality about a body that's basically killing itself. The contrast to the original Cells at Work just makes this anime for me, in particular, hard to swallow.

I am enjoying it, though, it's just extremely difficult to watch without... feeling bad for you know, the Cells at Work inside the body.

What anime do you guys find "hard to watch" as in you're watching it but it makes you uneasy and etcetera.

pkmin3033

I can't watch Food Wars without feeling physically ill, if that counts. I just...can't.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I can't watch One Piece because of the extremely exaggerated expressions the characters make. The art style just puts me off immensely. Perhaps the manga was a bit worse and that's where I started, but I don't feel any wish to watch One Piece, haah.

Years
  • I can't watch One Piece because of the extremely exaggerated expressions the characters make. The art style just puts me off immensely. Perhaps the manga was a bit worse and that's where I started, but I don't feel any wish to watch One Piece, haah.

I can't watch it anymore either. Not because the art bothers me, or even because I think it's bad, but because it just goes on and on and on with barely any plot development and 0 character development. The best part of the show is the world it's set in and because of the show's length it takes forever to learn anything about it.

Years
  • While I absolutely loved it, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to rewatch Your Lie in April just because of how massively painful it is. If you've watched the series and know how it ends, you will understand why. It ruined me for a few weeks.

I probably won't rewatch Pandora Hearts either, since my favorite character dies in the manga and it just makes me so sad to see him. :(

Also One Piece, which I can't watch at all. Not a fan of the art style.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I can't watch Seven Deadly Sins because the male protagonist constantly groping the female protagonist is intolerable. It's a pretty mediocre series altogether, so it isn't even worth it, TBH.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I can't watch Seven Deadly Sins because the male protagonist constantly groping the female protagonist is intolerable. It's a pretty mediocre series altogether, so it isn't even worth it, TBH.

Haven't watched that anime in a really long time, but gross.

Mahian23

Behold my Supreme Power!
    Years
  • I can never watch Akame ga kill.A lot of deaths,painful endings and so much sorrowness altogether.I'll go with the manga btw.

Years
  • I can never watch Akame ga kill.A lot of deaths,painful endings and so much sorrowness altogether.I'll go with the manga btw.

Even as someone who liked the anime series, I was surprised by just how much it had deviated from the manga story after I read it years later. The manga was definitely better written (although not because it was happier). That being said, it was nice that characters I liked that died in the anime lived in the manga.

Years
  • Even as someone who liked the anime series, I was surprised by just how much it had deviated from the manga story after I read it years later. The manga was definitely better written (although not because it was happier). That being said, it was nice that characters I liked that died in the anime lived in the manga.

I suffered through the anime because I was watching what I could to help ratings for the Toonami block, and holy hell did the anime seriously telegraph who was going to die next, because they suddenly started to get a ton of screen time.

Years
  • I suffered through the anime because I was watching what I could to help ratings for the Toonami block, and holy hell did the anime seriously telegraph who was going to die next, because they suddenly started to get a ton of screen time.

It did for sure :')
    Didn't stop it from having at least some impact though. Granted some hurt a lot more than others heh

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Even as someone who liked the anime series, I was surprised by just how much it had deviated from the manga story after I read it years later. The manga was definitely better written (although not because it was happier). That being said, it was nice that characters I liked that died in the anime lived in the manga.

This. The Akame Ga Kill manga is my absolute favourite, there's a reason Esdeath has remained my theme for the past year or so. However, the deaths of certain characters whom survived in the manga appalled me. I recall taking a break from continuing the anime for several weeks due to the killing of a favourite character of mine. I was vexed in every sense of the word. I think the anime was phenomenal regardless, but that was something in which I did not appreciate. I wouldn't say that I would refrain from re-watching it, however.

I think there's quite a handful of anime I've seen that were difficult to watch. School days was horrific, albeit slightly entertaining simply due to shock factor. I enjoyed Vampire Night when I initially watched it, but I couldn't see myself engaging with it now, especially knowing Yuki and Kaname's complex and unsettling relationship. Sword Art Online also comes to mind. Fantastic premise, horrible execution, it became unbearable quite swiftly.

Anything horror related I steer clear of as well.

Last edited:
    Back