• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Light Mode vs Dark Mode

Which do you tend to use?

• Total voters
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    White text on a dark background i actually struggle with more so light mode for me when i can. Weird bc its normally the opposite i know but id rather not get headaches from looking at white on dark haha.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Dark mode whenever I can cause it's easier on my eyes. But some apps dont awful in dark mode so I'll switch to light for those.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I actually just found out that the iOS update added a dark mode... AND I'M SO HAPPY. <3 It's about TIME they added one. That white was enough to blind me, especially during the day when there's already other light sources. ;o;

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Light mode for everything, especially PC! The only exceptions are Discord and fanfic.net (their white modes are blinding!). I don't have a problem with white websites at night really because I have Flux installed, which dims the screen to a soft yellow that's easy on the eyes.

Years
  • Light mode for everything, especially PC! The only exceptions are Discord and fanfic.net (their white modes are blinding!). I don't have a problem with white websites at night really because I have Flux installed, which dims the screen to a soft yellow that's easy on the eyes.
    If you're running Windows 10, there are built in night-mode capabilities including intensity and timers, so Flux wouldn't really be needed.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    If you're running Windows 10, there are built in night-mode capabilities including intensity and timers, so Flux wouldn't really be needed.

Flux still helps even on Windows 10. I've actually been planning on reinstalling Flux on my current laptop because I remember it being helpful on my old laptop (which also had windows 10 iirc).

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I actually didn't realise there was a built-in night mode until fairly recently, but I've had Flux for ages and I just like how accessible it is having it on my taskbar! I manually adjust it all the time so the convenience is nice. ^^

Years
  • I actually didn't realise there was a built-in night mode until fairly recently, but I've had Flux for ages and I just like how accessible it is having it on my taskbar! I manually adjust it all the time so the convenience is nice. ^^

In the case of taskbar convenience you have me sold that it's very much useful then, haha :D

milcute

a sweet melody~
    Years
  • I greatly prefer light mode. Dark modes always put little shadows of text in my vision when I look away. I know I'm in the minority here, though.

Years
  • Depends on the contrasts, like clashing colors and high contrast kill my eyes. Usually I can put up with either.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I'm fine with using both modes, although I would say I'm more used to using Light Mode. Still use Light Mode on Twitter for example.

Back