• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Stars of Destiny [T] [OOC]

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
Years
That being said, two questions - is there anything you want out of this RP? Like experiences, or any concerns, any suggestions, and whatnot?

Which character other than your own, interests you? o:

Out of this RP, probably experience. That would help, since this is my first time doing an RP. Seeing how others do it, learned mistakes, future advice's...

And all the characters got me. They all seem very interesting. Can't wait to work with them!

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
Years
  • Age 108
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Ooooh, for the main characters to interact with one another, not just three or four. If you get what I mean. My english vocabulary is down the drain to explain, my head's a bit whoozy. I think I'm going to get sick because my mom's having coughs and my brother too. I'm starting to feel heavy. ;;

The characters - well. All of them! Have to admit, Makoa had my full attention. xD He's very colorful! I'm excited for the IC! Will Robin get a fellow traveler companion? Hmmm, possibly. Or maybe not. I can't wait...!

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
Years
  • Age 108
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
well that took longer, i was struggling with phone bleh. got to post before i go to sleep. xD

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Guess who's stuck with no internet until tomorrow morning (hopefully) and has to rely on phone Wi-Fi? I have the worst luck. xD

Take your time. xD

By the by, I didn't realize how popular this RP would be from the get-go, soooo, I'm going to allow more starters! Basically the only starters that I didn't list: the Kalos (froakie, fennekin, chespin), Unova, and the Sinnoh (turwig, cimchar, piplup) starters. Any new members signing up can choose one of those starters, as well as the optional secondary pokemon.

As for astral signs, you can probably pick your own away from the 12 (or those that weren't taken already), and maybe I can set up a plot for that. o:

Last edited:

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
That being said, two questions - is there anything you want out of this RP? Like experiences, or any concerns, any suggestions, and whatnot?

I personally hope there are opportunities for us to focus on our Pokemon and maybe flesh out their own individual characters rather than define them purely on running gags and combat prowess. I don't want glorified tomagotchi pets that only serve to enforce the feats of human characters. Just something that helps the expand on the relationship between humans and Pokemon so it feels less one-dimensional.

I also hope for frequent OOC events (like the interview) to make things more engaging, rather than limiting this thread to just asking questions strictly relevant to the RP such as what missions everyone wants to take on. I feel like excluding laid-back chats to just places like Skype or Discord can become too cloistered for my tastes, and more general discussions should be presented here for casual fun that's accessible to anybody. : )

Which character other than your own, interests you? o:

I AM CRAZY FOR FEMBOY

And Toby Cannon wins the accolade for best name.

ghostly said:
Have to admit, Makoa had my full attention. xD He's very colorful!

it's evident that Makoa's technicolor glasses are OP

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
araragi_by_ven94-d63ymdn.png

android-insomnia.regular.png

Ryker Griffith Ward

Ryker is 22 years of age.

Ryker is male.

Ophiuchus

Ryker, standing at a respectable 5'10" is a young man whom is fully entering into the prime of his youth. He was once a sickly and ill looking young man, but experience and time spent as a pokémon trainer have given him a new lease on life for the most part... although he often has bags under his eyes... though they aren't as noticeable with his new Unova sun-given tan. His hair is clean, and flows messily in the wind, the black mop hanging around his face. A scar on his head causes a cowlick to spike up in the middle of this bundle of nonsense, but he gave up on keeping that thing down years ago. He kind of just accepts its presence now and moves on. Ryker, since deciding to take better care of himself, is rather attractive as foreigners to Alola go. He has a winning smile and a charming smirk that's often half hidden behind an unkempt fringe, his eyes, when not red with bloodshot or tired with bags, are a nice shade of deep brown and give a slightly aloof and mysterious vibe to his appearance in their slanting. He has a small and slightly stubby nose, but it's hardly so big a deal as to take away from his appearance, if anything it's the sort of thing that his elderly female relatives would describe as "cute as a button".

Ryker is almost always seen, when he is actually outdoors to be seen, wearing a signature black and red tracksuit combo that could easily be mistaken for sleepwear to the untrained eye. The black and red colour scheme is a favourite combination of Ryker's, not because he thinks it is "edgy" or "cool", but simply because he likes the way they go together... as such this pair of hues is found on most articles of Ryker's clothing, including his flat top sneakers and the old sports backpack that has sat on his back every day ever since his first step towards a new journey in Unova all those years ago. Apart from everything mentioned above, his appearance is rather unremarkable, he has normal hands with no visible scarring... his ears are often hidden behind his hair and invisible to the naked eye, regardless they're as simple as ears can be... the scar on his head in unnoticeable and the scar on his shoulder is often covered up by his clothing. All in all, Ryker is an interesting looking fellow, attractive though with an odd sense of fashion... and certainly more well groomed than he was in years gone by.

Experienced Battler:
Video games, battle analysis, in field experience. These three factors have refined Ryker's battling ability to a rather potent edge. He knows the ins and outs of a pokémon battle and he knows the best ways to draw out the inner strength of his partners on the field. He'll push them towards their strengths and use others to cover their weaknesses, he analyzes the appropriate terrain and opponents for his team to face, he chooses the right moves for the right situation and utilizes them in ways that aren't always what one might expect. All in all, Ryker has a certain talent for battling... and a few years experience under his belt definitely hasn't broken his stride.

Smooth Talker:
Ryker has always been a good talker, years of weaseling his way out of work have lent him the ground work of a silver tongue, but boosted confidence and social interactions in his past journeys have bolstered it to a higher level. It's astounding just how much Ryker is able to talk himself out of... they say that coercion and misdirection will only get you so far, but Ryker just shrugs, he hasn't reached his limit yet.

Innovative Thinker:
Ryker has thought outside the box all his life, an outlier when it comes to perception and battle, he utilizes unorthodox tactics to succeed in the arena and in his everyday life. He's no grand genius or anything of the sort, but his ability to strategically approach situations has proven itself useful to him over the years. Not every battle is one through brute force and careful aim, not every problem is readily solved by the simplest solution, Ryker is especially aware of this.

Determined:
Ryker, a long time ago, was the laziest person there was. He wouldn't do anything for anybody unless there was dire need and he'd walk right past the smaller problems because in his eyes they didn't matter... or at the very least someone else would do it, just not him. The journey to save his sister in Unova all those years ago, as well as his meeting Audrey and becoming romantically involved with her, has changed him for the better, however. While still not the most active person out there, he has a new found determination to complete his goals. Even if it takes him a little longer than most, he'll always finish what he's started and he'll strive with all he has to never let anyone down.

Physically Weak:
Ryker isn't the most active person, he walks a lot and battles a tonne, but neither of those really build muscle mass or stamina. He can hold his own in most situations... but in a physical fight or put up against a challenge of physicality at all? He quickly falls short of the mark. His girlfriend has been pushing him to get fitter, really she has, but his old motivational issues seem to strike him here more than anywhere else these days.

Sleepy:
While not exactly overly lazy anymore, Ryker finds himself with a new issue. All this exerted effort makes him absolutely exhausted. If allowed to lie down anywhere for long enough he'll probably fall asleep. Keep him away from shaded trees on grassy fields, park benches, flat sun drenched walls and other such surprisingly comfortable areas because he isn't likely to leave for a while once he settles down.

Stubborn:
Ryker likes to do things his own way... and while he most certainly isn't rude about it, he really doesn't appreciate changing for anyone because they say so. He has a plan? He wants to stick to his plan. He's going somewhere in particular? He doesn't want to take any detours. He sees something he doesn't like? He's not just going to let it go by unnoticed. Many people cite this new side of him as being developed from his growing confidence in himself, most people agree that it can get rather irritating to deal with.

Eccentric:
Ryker is a self proclaimed shut in video game and anime enthusiast. While being more social than ever he still doesn't fully grasp some social norms, and in fact his stubborn nature leads him to actively oppose a few of them. He likes to be himself, even though "himself" isn't always what people want or expect from him. He often wonders what Audrey sees in him, but hey, he isn't complaining either. In his eyes this eccentricity could be as much an advantage as it is a weakness.

To be written.

turtwig.gif

Ryker picked this turtwig because he thought the twig on her head was cute.

Bonsai. Ryker thinks he's heard of tiny trees in Johto with that name.

Bonsai is a female pokémon.

- Tackle

- Withdraw

- Absorb

- Razor Leaf

- Tickle (Egg Move)

minccino.gif

Fluff is the pokémon of Ryker's sister... but he was desperate to see more of the world and become stronger. Ryker took the little Minccino to Alola with him on his sisters request.

Fluff. His sister named it.

Fluff is a male pokémon.

- Pound

- Baby Doll Eyes

- Helping Hand

- Double Slap

- Encore

- Iron Tail (Egg Move)

Last edited:

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
A man out of his teens, with some sort of motivational issue, who is physically below average, with a Grass type starter and a Ghost types companion? Sounds fun. I wonder how he and Orph will get along.

Oh, damn, haven't really read the SU's yet since Ryker is an older character, my go to guy for journey RPs usually. Didn't realize he and Orpheus had many similarities.

Still don't worry, he isn't finished just yet. I've just updated strengths and weaknesses since the previous SU represents an 18 year old Ryker and not how he is now, you'll find he and Orpheus are far more different now. Just for the sake of diversity, I changed his second starter too, I prefer the new option anyway since it has more sentimental meaning to Ryker.

Still, in regards to interaction, I think Ryker would see Orph as a sort of reflection of the kind of person he used to be. There could be potential for some good interaction if they got to know each other I think. Since Ryker doesn't want to be a hypocrite... but also now realizes that being lazy is easy, but not always the best option as he once thought.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
For those of you posted so far, lemme explain my recent post:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9521154&postcount=11

You remember that scene in sun and moon where the protagonist slowly lifts up their starter pokemon? It was supposed to symbolize that the starter pokemon 'accepts' the trainer in some way.

Figured maybe we can do that here, except open up more freedom for characterization for your Pokemon! For those of you who hadn't post yet - don't rush; feel free to jump in anytime, and we can still re-create that scene, or if you have something different in mind, feel free to suggest it too.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I really like your css setup! Do you think blade would mind if I borrow it too? Not sure I will, since I prefer to not have css in the IC haha, but ah.

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
Years
  • Age 108
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
second time posting a post before going to sleep.
am i seeing a starting trend? xD ho ha.

his real gender, already revealed. thunderbolt incoming. because it's a shock. don't hit me--

it's evident that Makoa's technicolor glasses are OP

his OP-ness, it seem, is over 9000. so shiny, colorful, more than a megawatt light bulb. cannot be compared. blinding. BURNING SO BRIGHT

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
For those of you posted so far, lemme explain my recent post:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9521154&postcount=11

You remember that scene in sun and moon where the protagonist slowly lifts up their starter pokemon? It was supposed to symbolize that the starter pokemon 'accepts' the trainer in some way.

Figured maybe we can do that here, except open up more freedom for characterization for your Pokemon! For those of you who hadn't post yet - don't rush; feel free to jump in anytime, and we can still re-create that scene, or if you have something different in mind, feel free to suggest it too.

I have yet to play the new Sun and Moon games, sadly. Instead, I've been waiting until my brother finishes up his Moon, and frankly gets tired of it, for me to get a taste of them. However, if playing the game would highly better my experience with the RP (by understanding little details such as this), then I can get my hands on one or watch online. My sister later told me Lusamine was an actual character and for the longest I was under the assumption she was fabricated

Spoiler:

I'll finish a post tomorrow, or maybe 4 in the morning.
Another reason why joining this RP will be the best decision I've made.

Back