• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014 - Rock

Which are your favorite Rock types?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
- Onix: Before Steelix I really loved Onix. Back when I played gsc and had no way to trade for a Steelix I would just use Onix all the time and it was a GOOD time.

- Lunatone/Solrock: Always loved these too. Wish there was something that would join them together, but at the same time it makes sense they are apart.

- Lileep line: You are the best fossil of all time I will love you 4eva.

- Relicanth: I used it during a run where I decided to use Pokemon I would never use in my right mind. I'M GLAD I PICKED YOU WE HAD FUN.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I voted for Omanyte, Larvitar, Lileep, Aron, Tyrunt, Amaura and Dancie line.

My favourite Rock Pokemon (incl. fossil) is Cradily :D so freakin' adorable.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Not really a fan of Rock Types, so the only one that got my vote is the one I'm using in a challenge - as I learned to like it - Aron, Lairon, & Aggron

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
You guys...

Aerodatyl was available in the Flying poll but not here, and Archeops is here but wasn't in the Flying poll.

I vote for both!

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
I vote for all the fossils! Including Aerodactyl and Relicanth. 'Cause screw whatever you say fossils are amazing!

Other votes goes to Shuckle, Tyranitar and Carbink. Why? Their designs of course~

Years
RHYDON is my favorite rock type of all time. I like his design. Second favorite is Amaura because its cutest rock pokemon

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 11, 2018
I had to vote for the Roggenrola line. Roggenrola is weirdly cute, and Gigalith is a beast. He may not have the competitive value of Tyranitar or the "cool" factor of Tyrantrum, but he's neat and dishes out a vicious Stone Edge.

minime010

All food belongs to me.
Years
142.gif

and
566.gif
567.gif

I've always liked the Rock/Flying type Pokémon a lot. I dunno why, their designs just are cool to me.

Last edited:
Years
I'm too lazy to list all the ones I voted for but I'll do a quick summary of the three that probably top the list

Aerodactyl - There just something about it. The original ancient rock/flying type with a badass design (and now mega-evo also), great attack and better speed. Whilst it doesn't hit as hard as Archeops to begin with its lack of debilitating ability and mega-evo and better design make it possibly my favourite ever rock type.

Carbink/Diancie - Obviously I don't know Diancie quite as well as Carbink but I fell in love with Carbink's typing and design. It's a really unique pokemon and one of my favourite defensive pokemon. Diancie is also amazing but I don't feel I know enough to really comment.

Aggron - If ever a pokemon has never let me down. It's not my favourite pokemon ever, but it's got to be in the top 20-30. It's reliable with excellent stats and a pretty decent movepool and it now possesses a mega-evo that turns it into a living fortress. I love its design (more so normal not mega, mega is also good though) and have found it is almost always a force to be reckoned with - at least in game.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I voted for Probopass, Cradily, and Tyranitar. Honorable mention goes to Armaldo and Shuckle.

With a giant moustache like that, how can you not vote for Probopass? Tyranitar is popular among many fans because of how awesome it is, and that includes me. Cradily is my favorite fossil Pokémon because it's a strange thing to be based on and it just looks really cool.

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
Aron
Solrock
Armaldo.
Armaldo has a unique typing.
Aron for level one sandstorm sweeps.
Solrock is better tan lunatone but still cool!

Years
My top 5 would be Dwebble, Rampardos, Armaldo, Tyrantrum and Kabutops :)

Dwebble is just adorable lol and I just realised the rest are all fossils haha :) I've always been fascinated by the concept of fossil Pokémon with Kabutops being the primary reason for this :) Tyrantrum I used on X and Rampardos on Diamond (definitely my fave of the bunch, his attack is just insane!) and Armaldo I've grown to really like recently, will most likely be using him on OR :)

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
Aggron is basically a monster. I've known this guy for a long time now, but it was only just recently I began to see what a beast he really is. He was a great member to not only my X in-game team, but also my sandstorm team and my steel monotype.
Solrock and Lunatone I voted for primarily because of their design as I've never used them in-game before. The moon-sun thing going on is cool.
And lastly I voted for the Rhydon line because they just have a great design and can prove themselves in abttle as well.

Years
I'm happy to see we had another successful week of voting, even if we were dealing with one of the least popular types- Rock. While it wasn't quite the victory of margin that they had last year, Larvitar, Pupitar and Tyranitar rocked the competition, and have earned their spot in the finale! Also, based on the results of the Bug poll, Aron, Lairon and Aggron will represent the Steel type in the wildcard polls, which means that for the Rock type, your runners-up are Tyrunt and Tyrantrum!

Again, thanks to everyone that voted, and if you haven't yet, head over to the Bug type poll to see results there. The next two polls should be up shortly, so keep your eyes peeled for those!

Years
I was really pulling for Tyrantrum....it's funny how Tyranitar also has the tyrant pun...I guess GameFreak is implying that they both are superior rock pokemon.

Back