• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Young Jedi Knights RP: Jedi Academy

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
Years
  • OOC: One joke, and I swear heads will roll.

IC: I rose to my feet and followed master Skywalker. Evaluating our situation, it seemed that we were going to be find until we reached Nimbus, and if we survived, then we would likely have to deal with punishment back at the academy. However, it was all irrelavent, as our purpose was to help stop the war on Nimbus, any price would be nothing if we succeeded...

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • OOC: I'm gonna send ScarletSkye a PM...just to make sure she's still hanging around here! ^^ I'll post in a bit.

IC: Master Skywalker led them to a large space behind the cockpit of the ship, where the rest of the Jedi were assembled. Yukiko immediately recognized Lowbacca and Tenel Ka. Jacen, and Jaina had been left wtih Tionne to take care of the Academy.

However, this was no time for pleasantries. There were quite a few Jedi that Yukiko did not recognize, and all of them looked deeply disappointed that Yukiko and her friends had snuck themselves aboard. Master Skywalker turned to Yukiko, Teyra, CB-14, and Nat, a firm and worried expression on his face.

"You have to understand the situation you are getting into," Master Skywalker told them gravely. "The war on Nimbus is terrible and violent to say the least." He glanced at Nat. "We need to prepare you for this, as you will have no choice but to fight alongside us for peace. Therefore, we have to advance your training to the construction of your lightsabers. That will be your task for the remainder of the voyage."

Yukiko bowed her head uncomfortably. The last thing she wanted to do was build a lightsaber, but she accepted her fate without question. After all, she had to help Nat in any way she could.

"Now pay careful attention," Master Skywalker told them. His voice was unusually tight, no doubt due to stress. "Lowbacca, Tenel Ka, and myself will advise you all on your construction. You must make them as quickly as possible, but not hastily. A lightsaber is a Jedi's ultimate and mose sacred tool."

He dismissed the rest of the Jedi, leaving Yukiko and her friends in the presence of himself, Tenel Ka, and Lowbacca.

"You'll be bunking with these two," Master Skywalker said, gesturing to Lowbacca and Tenel Ka. "They'll shwo you to your sleeping pallet."

With that, Master Skywalker sent them off along aonther corridoor. Yukiko turned to look at her friends, her expression grave.

Last edited:

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • Teyra's face remained expressionless, as she nodded, not showing any emotion, but her eyes were clouded. With something unknown, yet with a trifle bit of mixed feelings.
    She turned to Yukiko, nodding.
    "So, we are to make our lightsabers..."

OOC: I'm very sorry Skye, but I have a slight case of RPer's block! '_';

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
  • Nat scowled at Master Skywalker. SHe knew very well how dangerous Nimbus was. SHe had lived there all her life! She knew what could happen first hand. It was her parents that had been captured!!

Still fuming, she followed the group to her bunk. A fresh wave of pain came over her back and she collapsed. But, she rose unsteadilly, unwilling to show any signs of weakness.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • Yukiko sat down on an empty bunk in the sleeping quarters they were assigned to. She felt incredibly shameful, and twirled a strand of her snowy white hair between her fingers dully. Tenel Ka and Lowbacca came in after them, closing the door.

"It was not wise for you to come," she said to them bluntly, rummaging around in a bag for something. She withdrew four crystals: one a deep purple, one green, one blue, and one yellow. (Red is usually associated with the Sith.) She set them on a table, and sat down on her bunk, Lowbacca sitting on his as well. "However, Lowbacca and I both understand why you've come."

Lowbacca gave a slow nod, his silky golden fur gleaming. Yukiko kept her head bowed.

"The reason we did not want you to come goes far beyond ability," Tenel Ka told them, her voice softer, which was unusual for her. She looked at them all deeply. "Innocence only lasts so long with a Jedi. Master Skywalker has always wanted Jedi, especially young Jedi, to keep their innocence as long as they can...he does not doubt your abilities. In fact, you are all close to the lightsaber building stage of your training. It is unfortunate that it has to be rushed..."

She trailed off, and Yukiko pulled back her hood, revealing her pale face and deep red eyes. She squinted slightly in the bright light.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • Teyra nodded, understanding what was being said, taking all of it in.
    She understood why Master Skywalker wanted that- It was indeed hard.
    Innocence is a true thing... It is possesed... Then lost in a act of some kind.
    OOC: Can I have the blue? ^^ If not, yellow or green will be nice. ^^;
    I'm sorry again, Skye, I still have RPB! ;_;

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • OOC: No worries, ScarletSkye. It'll get easier to RP once our characters get off the ship...and it'll probably be easy once they start building their sabers...lots of inner thought stuff. You're quite good at that! And yes...you can have the blue one. ;)

Shineyelectrode. feel free to change the colors to whatever you want. Those were just the first colors that came to mind.

If you guys don't mind, I'll take the purple one...unless Mew13's character wants it. ^^

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
  • OOC: No, I actually would like a brilliant white one.... it that's okay....

IC: Nat said nothing. She had lost her innocence long ago. Those memories were still painfull. She slumped to her bunk and drew her legs close, grimacing with the pain that seared across her back. She bit her lip in order to keep from crying out.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • OOC: White's fine....whatever you guys want. :)

IC: Lowbacca looked at Tenel Ka expectantly. The warrior girl stood up once more, and handed the young Jedi each a crystal. Yukiko received the deep purple one, Nat a pure, clear crystal, CB-14 and orange crystal, and Teyra a blue one. Yukiko stared at her crystal nervously. It would be the heart of her saber, the very core of her weapon of destruction. She felt like crying.

"Now, go and find a quiet place to work," Tenel Ka told them, handing them a bucket of scrap metal with some tools. "If you need us, you can contact us through the Force."

Yukiko looked at her friends sadly, took her bucket of metal and tools, and exited the room, trying to prepare herself for the task at hand. She chose a small storage space down the corridoor, turned on the light, and sat down to begin the process of building a lightsaber.

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
  • Nat took her crystal with determination in her eyes. She sat in a deserted hallway and started to work.

With each step she took to make her saber, the pain on her back lessoned. Her anger rose and she furiously worked. This was it, this was what it had come down to. With a huge surge of anger, Nat slammed her fists into the floor.

They made only a dead thump. She looked down at her hand and cried, her tears splashing over her pure white crystal. The half formed saber glowed a bit in response.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • I took my equipment, and after finding an deserted area, I began construction. The process seemed simple enough, a saftey, and a switch, which activated an internal power scource. The scource shined a beam of pure light at the correct crystal, causing a fine beam to be fired from it. The problem was, finding the exact settings in which to shine the crystal...

I adjusted my optical receptors to see the Infrared spectrum, and after pulling a simple infared beam generator from an internal compartment, I began testing the locations of the crystal, until I found the location which would give optimum power output and efficiency...

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • OOC: Just to clarify, the construction of a lightsaber is a really important rite of passage for a Jedi, of the light or dark side. This is also a really awesome place to develope your characters further. Lots of internal thought!! ^^

IC: Yukiko looked down at her pile of metal, the welding tool in her hands, a protective shield over her face. She sorted the metal out carefully, looking for a way to begin construction.

Pulling a cylindrical piece of metal out, she set it aside, deciding to use that as the base to hold the power source at the bottom of the handle. After sifting through some more metal, she found another cylinder of the same size to be used for the grip.

Pretty soon, she had a small pile of useable parts set aside for her task. She looked deep into the crystal with her red eyes, as if it would solve all her problems and give her the answers she needed. Shaking her head sadly, she placed the crystal on the floor, and set to work on making the casing for the lightsaber.

She welded the two cylinders together, creating a strong bond. She felt a surge of great agony in this first step. She was making a weapon, something she could and would use to kill someone. Setting the cylinder down, she sniffled, and tried to suppress the unhappy memories within her.

Through the Force, she felt a surge of deep anger from Nat, and though she was concerned deeply for her friend, she stayed put. She knew that building a lightsaber was more than just the construction of the weapon. It was a spiritual journey as well, one to be taken on one's own.

She dried her teary eyes, and looked down at the parts of her saber, trying to decide what to do next.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • Without a word, Teyra took her ice-blue crystal, and ran out of the room to find a quiet place to work on her to be weapon.

After many minutes of near back-breaking work, work, the least that Teyra had, was almost half of a blue lightsaber, which intantly glowed. Just a bit, but Teyra was happy nevertheless.

Once taking a small break, she continued to work, despite the slight pain her hands were going through, pounding away.

But then, she stopped again, and looked at her weapon.
    Her weapon.
    She would have use it.
    Teyra hadn't given much thought to that, but now the girl was staring at it.
    She lifted it up, her hands slightly tremebling at the thought of the blade, humming and cutting through flesh... Pain of the victims...
    The young girl slowly brought it down again, closing her eyes in deep thought.

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
  • Nat shook her stinging hands and began to work again. She didn't question her methods, they seemed to come naturally.

I will kill those who hurt my parents!! she thought savegly, then stopped. This was no way to be. This anger would only destroy her. This was not how a Jedi was supposed to feel.

Slowly, as she was putting the finishing touches on the base of her saber, the anger receded. She began to understand that the war was the evil, not the people fighting it.

The, without warning, she felt a suge of sadness. Nat realized it wasn't coming from her though. It was coming from Yukiko. Nat figured out that whomever she formed string bonds with, she could feel thier emotions. (Think enpath from Charmed, if you've ever seen that)

Nat held her head in her hand, waiting for the sadness to stop.

ScArLetSkye

Miss Understood. o.X
    Years
  • Teyra started to shake while she finished the saber, images coming clear into her mind. Of death. That she was to lay upon other beings.
    "Kill... No... Why?" She cried out softly to herself, her normally emotionless, emerald eyes now holding hints of remaining innocence, and slight horror.
    I must try for Nat. I must try for her. The Jedi told herself, though still quivering.

Despite her usal, blank and emotionless face and personality, there was one small weakness she had- Death, dealing the blow.
    Teyra didn't ever want to kill-Anything.
    Not a insect, not anything.
    But now, she had no choice.

She lay her finished weapon, holding onto herself as she shook.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • Yukiko looked down at her unfinished weapon. Weapon...she could hardly believe that she was being asked to do this. She was not ready, and yet...she knew that when she agreed to go with Nat on this voyage.

"For Nat," she said with determination, pulling her welding shield over her face once more. She set to work attatching the switch and power source into the casing, securing them tightly. The crystal lay lonely on the floor of Yukiko's work space. She glanced at it from time to time, feeling uneasy about it, but thinking of Nat helped. She would do this for her.

It was then that she realized what she was doing. As a Jedi she had a responsibility to all life. She, who had the strength to see things before they happened, to feel how another was feeling, to have such a deep and utter understanding and connection to the universe, had an obligation to fullfill. She could not run away and cower. She had to be strong in order to show the universe what was right.

With this newfound strength, she worked harder on her saber, fitting the pieces together tightly and securely, and finally, she picked up the crystal. She held it in the light, inspecting it carefully. She twirled it around a few times, and gently rested it in the casing of the lightsaber. She closed the casing carefully, and switched the power on.

A brilliant, dark purple blade flickered to life. It died after a few flickers, but Yukiko merely opened the casing once more and adjusted the crystal. She moved the switch once more, and the blade hummed to life. She stared at the blade for a long while, feeling afraid of the lives it might claim.

Shutting it off, she welded the casing shut, finishing the weapon. She hefted it in her hands carefully, testing its weight, and let out a breath.

It was done.

Yukiko put her scrap materials away, and as she did so, a piece of dark wood clattered to the ground. She picked it up and examined it carefully, tracing the grains with her fingers.

An idea came to her, and she set to work whittling down the chunk of wood to a curcular shape that would fit the end of her saber, opposite the blade end.

With a carving knife from the tool kit, Yukiko carved a symbol from an ancient script of her people. It was the symbol that represented peace. Satisfied with her carving, she attatched the wood securely to the end of her saber, and emerged from the storage space.

She walked down the corridoor and back to the sleeping quarters she had been assigned to. Laying down on her bed, she looked at her weary and battered hands, bending the fingers gingerly. Her lightsaber lay in the hilt of the belt of her robes. It felt very heavy to her for one reason or another.

Tenel Ka came into the room, and asked to see her weapon. Yukiko handed it over gently, and Tenel Ka examined it.

"Very good work," she said, her tone grave despite her praise. "It is a very sturdy saber."

With that said, she handed the lightsaber back to Yukiko, who placed it back in its hilt, turned over on her bed, and fell asleep.

Back