• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VPP DCC ☆ Ask questions & chat! *OLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I started looking at this, it seems cool but I am super confused on how it works and what some things mean. Is it kinda like a... text roleplay? sorry I'm just really confused about it all and the guide didn't explain things too well for me.

One of the VPP mods might be able to explain it better, but the intuition I have on VPP is that it's basically a Tamagotchi system to incentivize posting and engaging as a member of the community.

The fundamental "gameplay loop" here is:
    - Ask for a Pokémon
    - Post around the forums to raise it
    - When you're done, turn it in for rewards

There is, as far as I know, no roleplay element (at least no mandatory roleplay element) but if you want to write your stats (the place you keep track of all of that) from the perspective of roleplay or want to write stories based on how you're doing VPP, you're certainly welcome to.

Years
  • I started looking at this, it seems cool but I am super confused on how it works and what some things mean. Is it kinda like a... text roleplay? sorry I'm just really confused about it all and the guide didn't explain things too well for me.

You can raise Virtual Pokemon Pets by posting on the PokeCommunity forums!

It might help if you think of it like the games. In the games, Pokémon level up by experience points. In VPP, posts are our equivalent of experience points!

So a "normal" VPP takes 175 posts to be fully raised. Some take slightly more, and others slightly less, depending on things like seasons and events!

It sounds like you've read the intro thread found here

For more advanced information, you can also read the advanced FAQ found here

If there's anything you are still unsure about, feel free to ask in this thread, and one of the staff will help you :)

AMP017

Trans Sylveon Enjoyer
    Years
  • No Galar pokemon means no Galarian forms right? So like Duraladon would be allowed for example? Also can I have a fully evolved pokemon as my first VPP?

Years
  • No Galar pokemon means no Galarian forms right? So like Duraladon would be allowed for example? Also can I have a fully evolved pokemon as my first VPP?

Pretty sure 'Alolan & Galarian Pokémon' from "Pokémon you CANNOT claim as your first VPP." refers to Alolan and Galarian forms yes.

Also yes, you can. If, for example, you want a dragapult: just ask for a dreepy and say you're fully evolving it.

Just on a side note:

VPP-specific Rules
    -Need to have 10 posts to request a VPP

You're halfway there, you can do it =)

AMP017

Trans Sylveon Enjoyer
    Years
  • Pretty sure 'Alolan & Galarian Pokémon' from "Pokémon you CANNOT claim as your first VPP." refers to Alolan and Galarian forms yes.

Also yes, you can. If, for example, you want a dragapult: just ask for a dreepy and say you're fully evolving it.

Just on a side note:

You're halfway there, you can do it =)
    So recap, I can choose a fully evolving dreepy and write stuff? Also could I make a thread for my like, writings and when stuff evolve? Also I have to wait until I do ten posts right? Where would you recommend posting and stuff because nothing is interesting me much.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    So recap, I can choose a fully evolving dreepy and write stuff?
    Yup. Most people have a more utilitarian view of the stats (and you probably want to have a bare-bones down to the numbers post, if only to make the mods' lives easier when checking stuff for you) but it's not uncommon for people to post on their stats with logs detailing how things are going.

Also could I make a thread for my like, writings and when stuff evolve? Also I have to wait until I do ten posts right? Where would you recommend posting and stuff because nothing is interesting me much.

After joining, you'll have to make a post in this forum with your stats. You can check out other player's stats (most also put it in their signatures under "vpp" or something like that) if you want inspiration or see how they're normally structured.

Well, just check around the broader forums. It really depends on your interests. Since you mentioned writing and roleplaying, you might be interested in our Writing and Roleplaying forums.

The Forum Games and Pokémon Forum Games are also super chill about new people, just find a thread and join in on the games.

Outside of that, it's more of a question of finding something that suits your interests.

AMP017

Trans Sylveon Enjoyer
    Years
  • I'm confused after looking at the obtain thing, in name was I supposed to put my username or what I wanted to name my Pokémon? Is everyone putting their Username in name just a their choice?

AMP017

Trans Sylveon Enjoyer
    Years
  • oop I put the wrong thing there then lol. Sorry I didn't realise.

Years
  • Just a quick question about the:
    Type Champion Ribbon - Collect each Pokemon of a specific type

For mons that evolve, I assume you need only the final evolution? Or do you need to have 1 of each stage?

Also, Arceus & Silvally are available in every type. Vivillon comes in every type too, to determine the forms. Are these also required?
    Are Megas required if there is one of the type you're going for? (Such as Mega Glalie if you're going for Ice types like me)
    I'm compiling a list of all ice types I'd need for this.

Years
  • Just a quick question about the:

For mons that evolve, I assume you need only the final evolution? Or do you need to have 1 of each stage?

Also, Arceus & Silvally are available in every type. Vivillon comes in every type too, to determine the forms. Are these also required?
    Are Megas required if there is one of the type you're going for? (Such as Mega Glalie if you're going for Ice types like me)
    I'm compiling a list of all ice types I'd need for this.

As I understand it, you need every final evolution. Megas are separate Pokémon, so you need those as well.

As for Arceus / Vivillon etc. I would assume you only need one, but I honestly don't know off the top of my head. You definitely need different forms where normally available, if that makes sense :)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm open for a new tag team partner if anyone is interested! Your choice so long as we both don't already have it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back