• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VPP DCC ☆ Ask questions & chat! *OLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Has anyone considered a Musical Mons challenge yet for a new challenge? Like a pokemon band. Idea inspired by the Sword/Shield main game credits.
    It would be: Rillaboom, Toxtricity and Obstagoon like in the credits cutscene.
    Add onto that Meloetta (Aria Form) since it's the Melody pokemon, as well as Chatot - the music note pokemon.
    For the 6th you could go with Loudred or Exploud. I feel like Loudred would fit better, but it's not the final evolution.

Edit: Could also use Primarina if you wanna avoid making a legendary/mythical part of the challenge.
    Primarina's signature move was Sparkling Aria and its called the 'Soloist Pokémon'.

Mainly suggesting a challenge because I saw squirtle suggest a challenge earlier on too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Anyone interested in another Tag Team? I don't really care too much what it is, as long as its not a duplicate.

Years
  • 'When you have completed a Legendary Pokémon, you must finish 10 full VPP's until you can obtain another one.'

'These Master Pokémon may count towards the 10 VPPs between Legendary Pokémon.'
    Do reward pokemon from completing challenges count too? or birthday pokemon?
    If the reward vivillon I got from completing the eeveelution master challenge counts, I should be able to do a legendary after I complete my current VPP.
    My previous legendary was my 5th VPP: Celebi. When Walrein is fully raised that would be my 10th full VPP, if challenge completion reward VPP counts.
    If not, I'll have to do something else first ^.^

'Once you have completed 10 full VPPs you reach VPP Master Status. When you reach this status, you may choose one of any Pokémon (other than a Legendary/Ultra Beast, Mega, Dynamax or a Pair/Set) to add to your completed collection without any post requirement.'

I do not see Alolan/Galarian mons listed as restricted here. Does that mean you can choose a galar/alola mon as a master?
    Just asking because it seems weird to me, given that you need 600 points to buy one of those stones in the store normally. Claiming one as a master would bypass that completely.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Since we're mentioning different forms, is there a particular reason Galarian and Alolan versions need a stone?

It seems weird that Alolan or Galarian versions are essentially being compared to Mega versions (and are more expensive than the item for Gmax forms) when they're conceptually very different.

And as a slight tangent, what are the ruling on other forms like Primal Groudon and Sky Shaymin? Can we just say we want them when going for them? Their expected item isn't available in the Pokémart, but it seems weird that we can just pick them. (Other Pokémon like Hoopa Unbound, Primal Kyogre and Origin Giratina come to mind, but P-Groudon and S-Shaymin have a type change so it's a bit more important to clear things up).

Also, what about Pokémon whose form depend on knowing a move (Meloetta-Pirouette and Mega Rayquaza) or depending on factors like "terrain while evolving" (the Wormadams), can we just say we want them instead of the normal form?

Years
  • Do reward pokemon from completing challenges count too? or birthday pokemon?
    If the reward vivillon I got from completing the eeveelution master challenge counts, I should be able to do a legendary after I complete my current VPP.
    My previous legendary was my 5th VPP: Celebi. When Walrein is fully raised that would be my 10th full VPP, if challenge completion reward VPP counts.
    If not, I'll have to do something else first ^.^

I do not see Alolan/Galarian mons listed as restricted here. Does that mean you can choose a galar/alola mon as a master?
    Just asking because it seems weird to me, given that you need 600 points to buy one of those stones in the store normally. Claiming one as a master would bypass that completely.

Challenge Pokémon, and Masters / Birthday Pokémon, absolutely do count! You need to have 10 fully raised Non-Legendary Pokémon between Legendaries, just as you would between Masters :)

You are absolutely correct, you cannot claim an Alolan / Galarian VPP as a master! Basically you can claim any normal "non-special" Pokémon, same as with your birthday :)

Since we're mentioning different forms, is there a particular reason Galarian and Alolan versions need a stone?

It seems weird that Alolan or Galarian versions are essentially being compared to Mega versions (and are more expensive than the item for Gmax forms) when they're conceptually very different.

And as a slight tangent, what are the ruling on other forms like Primal Groudon and Sky Shaymin? Can we just say we want them when going for them? Their expected item isn't available in the Pokémart, but it seems weird that we can just pick them. (Other Pokémon like Hoopa Unbound, Primal Kyogre and Origin Giratina come to mind, but P-Groudon and S-Shaymin have a type change so it's a bit more important to clear things up).

Also, what about Pokémon whose form depend on knowing a move (Meloetta-Pirouette and Mega Rayquaza) or depending on factors like "terrain while evolving" (the Wormadams), can we just say we want them instead of the normal form?

A couple of forms might have been missed from the FAQ. I have already brought up Sky-Shaymin, and Meloetta-Pirouette / Giratina's forms were already added a little while ago. It's best to assume that forms are different Pokémon unless otherwise stated :)

Alolan / Galarian stones were added to mix things up a bit, since we don't require "normal" evolution stones like moon stones or water stones :)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Just reminder that I still have a Sylveon for trade! All you need is a Link Cable from the Shop!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024

It should be stated that we're still working through things as we go. There's no strict guideline on how to play VPP so, idk, maybe Pirouette Meloetta might evolve... during Autumn! There's so, so many Pokemon and so few of us, so please be patient while we work these things out or at least try to find new members of the VPPCrew who can help expedite the process. For Wormadams, you would just say in the obtain thread, "I want the Trash forme" that that's what you'll get. *shrug*

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I was looking at the challenges and I'm a little bit confused. When y'all say (for example, for the Pseudo Legends one):

Code:
    Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamance, Metagross, Garchomp, Hydregion, Goodra, Kommo-o or Dragapult

Do you mean that I can pick any 6 of those or that the only option I have is whether I pick Kommo-o or Dragapult?

In a completely unrelated topic, I think CelloX just left the community, can I just drop the Tag Team I was doing with him, and go for one with another person?

Years
  • I was looking at the challenges and I'm a little bit confused. When y'all say (for example, for the Pseudo Legends one):

Code:
    Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamance, Metagross, Garchomp, Hydregion, Goodra, Kommo-o or Dragapult

Do you mean that I can pick any 6 of those or that the only option I have is whether I pick Kommo-o or Dragapult?

Well...

'LARGE CHALLENGES: These require more than 6 Pokémon and will get you more points.'

That challenge 'Pseudo-Legendary Master' is not under Large challenges. So I'd assume you pick any 6 from that list.

On a different note: maybe consider adding a 'My first Trade' ribbon?
    Trading is a thing with VPP's that doesn't seem very popular from what I've seen so far (probably the relatively high points cost for any new VPP players). Adding a ribbon might give more people who do VPP's a reason to pick up the Trade Cable from the shop? I plan on picking one up, but want an Alolan Vulpix first so it'll have to wait for me ^.^

Could also add a challenge for it:

Others' Loved Ones:
    Own any 6 mons that you received from trades.
    (name is just a suggestion too, perhaps 'Precious Companions/Friends' instead?).

Last edited:
    Years
  • I was looking at the challenges and I'm a little bit confused. When y'all say (for example, for the Pseudo Legends one):

Code:

In a completely unrelated topic, I think CelloX just left the community, can I just drop the Tag Team I was doing with him, and go for one with another person?

If a "normal" challenge lists more than 6 Pokémon, then you can pick whichever six you want to use :)

CelloX left? Is your tag still to be completed?

Well...

That challenge 'Pseudo-Legendary Master' is not under Large challenges. So I'd assume you pick any 6 from that list.

On a different note: maybe consider adding a 'My first Trade' ribbon?
    Trading is a thing with VPP's that doesn't seem very popular from what I've seen so far (probably the relatively high points cost for any new VPP players). Adding a ribbon might give more people who do VPP's a reason to pick up the Trade Cable from the shop? I plan on picking one up, but want an Alolan Vulpix first so it'll have to wait for me ^.^

Could also add a challenge for it:

Others' Loved Ones:
    Own any 6 mons that you received from trades.
    (name is just a suggestion too, perhaps 'Precious Companions/Friends' instead?).

The Ribbon Fairy will flutter in to answer at some point I think :)

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    CelloX left? Is your tag still to be completed?

I think he left, but as far as I know he didn't post in the leaving thread or something like that.

His last log-in was 2 weeks ago though (and the Tag Team began in January).

I've completed my part of the Tag team but he still needs 24 posts to complete his iirc.

Years
  • I think he left, but as far as I know he didn't post in the leaving thread or something like that.

His last log-in was 2 weeks ago though (and the Tag Team began in January).

I see CelloX as having last posted on 10th May!

Maybe you should send your partner a message of encouragement, but It certainly looks like they're still active :)

Years
  • Are the PC Exclusive Badges mentioned in the VPP guide advanced auto awarded? or do they need to be requested if you think you meet the requirements?
    Wondering, because if it's the latter, how are you supposed to know when you qualify? There are no specific numbers mentioned.
    Talking about the profile badges: VPP Master Trainer, Hospitable Home, Medal Collector.

The VPP master for example:
    'You are a Master Trainer that has worked hard to raise your VPP's to be the best they can be.

› Master Pokémon

Once you have completed 10 full VPPs you reach VPP Master Status.

Kinda sounds like having 1 Master VPP qualifies you for this badge? (pretty much just wondering if I qualify for this one yet or not =p)

The other 2: Hospitable Home & Medal Collector are a bit more obscure and the only stress I see is the word 'many'. There is no way I meet the requirements for these yet, but a rough ball park number would be nice to know.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Are the PC Exclusive Badges mentioned in the VPP guide advanced auto awarded? or do they need to be requested if you think you meet the requirements?
    Wondering, because if it's the latter, how are you supposed to know when you qualify? There are no specific numbers mentioned.
    Talking about the profile badges: VPP Master Trainer, Hospitable Home, Medal Collector.

The VPP master for example:
    'You are a Master Trainer that has worked hard to raise your VPP's to be the best they can be.

Kinda sounds like having 1 Master VPP qualifies you for this badge? (pretty much just wondering if I qualify for this one yet or not =p)

The other 2: Hospitable Home & Medal Collector are a bit more obscure and the only stress I see is the word 'many'. There is no way I meet the requirements for these yet, but a rough ball park number would be nice to know.

VPP badges are the same as in other sections on PC, they are handed out at staff discretion.

As for requirements, I don't even know! I only have a bronze VPP badge for instance 😅

A lot of things are "under construction" right now :)

AMP017

Trans Sylveon Enjoyer
    Years
  • I started looking at this, it seems cool but I am super confused on how it works and what some things mean. Is it kinda like a... text roleplay? sorry I'm just really confused about it all and the guide didn't explain things too well for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back