• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Exclusive footage of Alola's Photo Club in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

blue

gucci
Years

• Game Informer said:
    At the Alola Photo Club, you can take pictures with your Pokémon. You can choose from a variety of poses for yourself and your Pokémon and also freely control the composition of the shot, including the angle, and position of the subjects in the scene. By taking pictures with your Pokémon, you can deepen your friendship even more! After you've taken your picture, you can decorate the shot with various stamps and frames and share the finished result with other players using the communication features of the game.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • Interesting. I'm supposing that this new mode will have some connection to the mystery building in Hau'oli City.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Yeah, this is definitely what we do in those new buildings.

... Not gonna lie, this is kind of disappointing. Feels like a watered down Pokémon PR video...

Years
  • As someone who didn't mind the PR Videos in X/Y, this is a nice improved successor to that feature. Guess we now know what that new building in Hau'oli City is for after all.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    So it's basically a mix of XY's pr videos and SM's Pokéfinder. I suppose it could be useful for highlighting milestone evolutions, like your starter for example.

Years
  • So the empty plots of land end up being photo joints? That's disappointing. It feels like something I will probably use once or twice and then never again.

I don't personally mind it, since it looks like a feature I may want to try. But I can say that it definitely kills off the likeliness of Gyms coming to Alola.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2019
    If this is what takes up the vacant plots of lands throughout Alola I'm going to be pretty disappointed. It looks almost exactly like the pr videos from X/Y. Frankly, this seems like a feature that would have made a better appearance in S/M as that was the first time we saw a majority of those regional and alolan form pokemon. Now it just seems redundant.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Yeah, this is definitely what we do in those new buildings.

... Not gonna lie, this is kind of disappointing. Feels like a watered down Pokémon PR video...

Really? I mean, sure, you don't have the animation, but I've seen some of the pictures, and there's lots of possibility and detail.

Vindra

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    This looks like a really cute feature. I love taking screenshots in games so this is right up my alley. I hope there are enough options to keep it interesting. (I haven't played X/Y so I don't have any experience with the PR videos.)

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • It's a cute feature after all, it's nice that they're adding new ways to interact with your Pokémon.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Yeah, this is definitely what we do in those new buildings.

I think this is the wrong way of thinking. Personally, I wont be taking advantage of this feature aside from what the game forces you to do. However, its evidence that the developers are really trying their best and pouring their passions into features that SM lacked. Its evident that USUM will be quite a step up from SM. So this makes me very optimistic about the game!

And he was alluding to bonding with your pokemon in the video at the same time the rockruff following the player clip showed... perhaps its a hint or further evidence that the pokemon follow feature will be in USUM. Or perhaps Im just blinded by optimism and over-speculation here.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I think this is the wrong way of thinking. Personally, I wont be taking advantage of this feature aside from what the game forces you to do. However, its evidence that the developers are really trying their best and pouring their passions into features that SM lacked. Its evident that USUM will be quite a step up from SM. So this makes me very optimistic about the game!

And he was alluding to bonding with your pokemon in the video at the same time the rockruff following the player clip showed... perhaps its a hint or further evidence that the pokemon follow feature will be in USUM. Or perhaps Im just blinded by optimism and over-speculation here.
    Yeah, I know GF probably made this feature with great intentions. Just not for me, personally.

Years
  • Pikachu_alolaphoto.jpg

I noticed we seem to be getting Pikachu-themed clothes. I do hope that's part of the official customization lineup and not just a Photo Club thing.

Back