• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's talk Bluetooth

Years
  • So Bluetooth! You know, the wireless technology that has an array of purposes, but the most common is to wirelessly transmit audio between mobile devices and headphones.

Do you have any bluetooth devices?
    How often do you utilize bluetooth?
    what's one thing you were surprised to find out uses bluetooth?

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I just send files from phone to PC using bluetooth nowdays and how amusing portable speakers utilizing bluetooth very much. On side note Apple product kinda have no file transfer capabilities with bluetooth (Several family members in my house uses iPhone and seems it's impossible to send thru bluetooth if you're using android phone)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    It took me until last year to actually start using Bluetooth. I don't know why it took me so long, but it sure did. I think it started with my buying a set of Bluetooth Earbuds because I didn't like using my cable ones during work. I've been using them at work ever since, having them hooked up to my "mp3 player" (spare smartphone). I tried hooking them up to my laptop, as well. Unfortunately they kept cutting out.

I also have a bunch of controllers that utilize Bluetooth. If I end up playing a game on my laptop I hook one of them up. At least they work without cut outs. xD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I use bluetooth in my car, bluetooth mouse, bluetooth keyboard, bluetooth headphones, It's just so convenient these days.

Years
  • I've got a fair few bluetooth device, mostly just computer peripherals but also anything that connects to my phone since phone manufacturers seem to think we all hate cables 🙃
    The ones I use on the daily are my mx master 3 mouse, my sony mx3 headphones, and my jaybird in ear headphones that I use when excercising.

Years
  • I have my car stereo for telephone calls (and in rarer cases, media audio), my Skullcandy Hesh 3 headphones, and my Fossil Gen 5 watch that I actively use bluetooth with. Haven't used the Bluetooth protocol to share files in quite some time, but I did back when I got my first laptop with Bluetooth capability.

Years
  • 1. bluetooth earbuds (sony wh1000xm3s)
    2. bluetooth headset (for whenever i play ffxiv and raid w/people)

that's p much it, i think. i have a wired kbm that came with my computer and i don't... really feel inclined to change them out for a wireless option bc they work fine enough for me.

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    I have to use it for the NHS track and trace :P

but in all seriousness I have yet to actually use it for anything at all, although because my newest phone finally forced me to drop the headphone jack, I'm on my way to buying a good pair of wireless headphones, but for now, because my phone came with a pair of USB-C wired earbuds, I've been putting it off in spite of the lower listening quality :P

(although maybe I'll be stubborn and get a better pair of USB-C headphones)

Years
  • I've surpassed Bluetooth for my mouse and went straight to a 2.4Ghz dongle. I still need it however for my true wireless earphones and 8BitDo controller.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • I love using BT, but for a desktop i can see not using it, specially when most peripherals come with a wireless dongle anyways or just wired so not really BT for my desktop, but for something like a phone or console BT is easily the choice i go for

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
  • Bluetooth works fine for me most of the time. It can be a hassle initially setting it up but once you pair your devices it's just as simple as turning on the headset or controller and it will automatically connect. A2DP audio syncs were a pain for me until recently.

virtualpet

The Anomaly's Mewtwo
    Years
  • Mew: our PC doesn't have bluetooth compatibility except for a bluetooth adapter for a wireless mouse so we don't use it that much, but we've been using wireless and wired earbuds both for a few years now

Back