• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can you touch type?

Can you touch type?

• Yes, i can - It's Great!

Votes: 36 75.0%
  • No, I can't - But I'd like too.

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • No, I can't - And I would not like too.

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters

Olz.

The Magic Auroa
Years
  • Can you touch type?

Basicly, type without looking at the keyboard. I can, but i make alot of mistakes xP

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I can't do it at all. I will go really slow and then end up making a ton of mistakes and have to change it all.

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
  • 'Course. I've known how to for years. It makes things so much quicker and easier if you can. I can look one way and read something, and type it into the computer at the same time. I get more mixed up when I look at my fingers than when I don't! =p

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Yeah, I've been able to for a while now... It makes things so much easier and faster, as Tangerine Fox said.

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    Well I can now (just finished keyboarding class, and it being my only E >.<), I can type pretty good with this method, plus it does make everything much faster. ^_^

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I use that method most of the time. :P It's faster, and I can see what I'm typing while doing it instead of noticing typos after I'm done. I don't care for typos if I'm on aim or anything though... :P

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I can do it, but I tend to look down on the keyboard once in a while.... ^^ and miss the buttons making symbols, like-> ^^

But! I actually wrote all this with only three typos!

ED: make that four. Five...

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Definitely, it really makes your life easier. To be ale to look at the screen while typing, it's much easier to spot your typos. I always touch type. o_o;

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    I've been using keyboards for awhile, I can usually type fast and correctly accurate most of the time. Though, I do tend to use the backspace key a lot. Learning how to type without actually having to look at the keyboard does make your lives easier if you tend to type out things most of the time.

Years
  • I don't touch type the way they tried to teach me at school, using the home row keys and all that. I tried that for a while, I just gave eventually gave up and went back to how I'd been typing before.

I do have my keyboard memorized, though (which I guess is just a sign that I type too much), so I can easily type without looking down at all. Makes it way easier for me, especially when typing in the dark...well, as long as my hands are in the right place, anyways. If they're not, then it makes for some really amusing typos at times.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Yeah, I can touch-type. Unfortunately, I never really got into using the Shift key; I just kinda double-tap Caps Lock.

Years
  • Ever since I took a typing class, I've touched-typed. :D I typo sometimes, but I think that's because I'm going at ten zillion two words per minute. If I go slow, I typo less.

Touch-typing is a godsend when I'm typing stories from my notebook to the computer, let me tell you. *_*

Years
  • I've been touch typing for awhile now since they I took Keyboarding in 10th grade. I'm not a master when it comes to touch typing though. I do have to look at my keyboard when typing numbers since I never got the hang of doing that in school. >_>

Years
  • I can very well!

I can type very fast. About 75 words per min. My keyboarding teacher wants me to become a author but i dont want to i want to make games!

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • Sadly, I can't. I know the location of all the keys though but I usually use the wrong fingers to hit them. I can type faster without touch typing though.

Back