• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How long did it take you to finish the game?

Years
I'm on hour like 300 and I only have 2 badges even though I've wasted all those hours
1. getting almost every legendary because the GTS
2. finding every single hidden item
3. I have a problem because I literally make sure I explore every single square inch maybe twice or three times and understand everything everybody says and why they say it and if I don't understand a word I google it because i must absorb every ounce of knowledge or else I'm no pokemon master.

Am I insane?

Years
Not insane, maybe just a bit over the top. I did around 120 hours to finish because I'm fairly thorough too. Once you finish game though you can still go back wherever you want and collect everything make sure you've covered every little thing. I'm at 715 hours atm and still going strong. I understand where you're coming from.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Well I started Y on 10/12/2013 and entered the hall of fame on 2/12/2016, not continuous playing though.

After I beat AZ I decided I wanted to complete a living dex, so I did and then while completing the living dex I found some full odds shinies. So now I'm shiny hunting and just recently passed 700 hours. I have over 3 boxes of shinies but don't have shiny charm.

Years
Finished the game in a little under 20 hours I assume, maybe less. I try to get through the main story to gain access to newer Pok?mon and move sets. I can't remember when I've taken so long to complete a certain Pok?mon game. . . I try to catch 'em all. Like on the box.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 22, 2017
I tend to set myself the goal of getting through a Pokemon game for the first time within 24 hours - however I also think that I've failed if I black out. I'm trying to move away from that way of thinking as it's obviously just part of the game, like dying in CoD or whatever but it just seems to be the way I work.

I'm playing a mix of Pokemon games all at once right now, so my play counts are as follows:
Ruby: 60ish hours
Pearl: 48 hours
White: 30ish hours
Y: 40ish hours
Alpha Sapphire: 50 hours

All of them beaten, doing a combination of shiny hunting and filling the Pokedex.

Years
Finished the main story of X around 2-3 after I got the game. Considering how easy this game was, I can see why people find it so short.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I can't have taken more than 24hrs to complete the main game. I took my time and enjoyed it, but it was very easy and there really wasn't a whole lot to explore I guess.

Years
I think I completed it and just under 20 hours, I love exploring the games but I kinda want to get on with it as well. I left everything else for post-game and am on about 200 hours now.

Life

[FONT="Poiret One"][color=#aaaaaa]Perception of Re
Years
I bought the game when it came out (Saturday) and I finished it the next day (Sunday). I was too excited to start competitive battling. I think it was fairly easy due to the Exp. Share being implemented.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
My playtime was around 33 hours iirc.

I got the game on release day (in Australia - so before the rest of the world lol). I beat The E4 and AZ in the early hours of this morning (16th November) - so it literally took me until the second last day of the 6th Generation to beat the game lol.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
3 or 4 days considering I did pleanty of exploring and talking to everyone before I moved on. I tend to take games slowly, especially considering I didn't get the game when everyone else got theirs.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I've played here and there for months now hahahha. I'm really slow c:

AleXShi1

Keep it real
Years
8 hours 1st time, 6 hours 2nd time. at 1st still managed to explore a bit and spent some time searchin cool pokes

Im really not into spending 80 hours to complete the game, i got myself an order to play every game:
Story > Finish every sidequest and post game mission possible > Catch all legends > Catch cool pokes > Catch cool shinies from that gen > Catch all pokes from that gen to Living Dex > Random Shiny Hunt till the end / Do some online battles

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
In terms of actual days I've spent finishing the main story, eight days. I don't remember the exact time I finished.

CnifeKat

*ᓰﬡ☂ᙓᖇﬡᗩᒪ ᔕᙅᖇᙓᗩᙢᓮﬡG *
Years
Took me about 2 days (including breaks) to beat the Elite 4.
090721ae99573e9d00cbf7006d77623c.gif

Last edited:
Back