• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen "A sleeping POKéMON blocks the way!"

Years
"A sleeping POK?MON blocks the way!"

Throughout the storyline of Red, Blue, and Yellow, you find a giant sleeping Pok?mon blocking your way on routes 12 & 16.
You're required to wake Snorlax up with a Pok?Flute, which is obtained in Lavender Town, after rescuing Dr.Fuji.
Spr_1g_143.png
Spr_1b_143.png
Spr_1y_143.png

Do you like Snorlax? Did you ever catch these Snorlax? or added them to your team? Discuss!

Last edited:
Years
I don't remember from childhood, but on my most recent playthrough of Blue (which was like a year ago), I just defeated it since I had my team already planned out. EXP ya know. He was a pretty hard guy to beat from what I remember.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Seeing as there are only two, I made it my mission to catch one while defeating the other and I always did Cycling road one first because the vast majority of the bikers on Cycling road can be avoided(other route, not so much). Whether or not Snorlax made my team was largely based on what team I intended to have. This past run on Yellow, I did catch one but opted to keep him in box. Two runs ago, he along with Lapras were my Powerhouses but man is the grind painful(Slow XP group).

Years
Alongside with Audino, Snorlax is my favourite Normal-Type. So far, I used him in every gen. I didn't want to use him in SM, but they gave away that event Munchlax... So I used him again!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Snorlax is pretty cool but I haven't used it in the original games. Maybe next play through

Years
Yeah, a lot of people here went with the route of catching it. I myself caught both, as one was a powerhouse for my team, while the I kept the other one for future use for when I transferred it to GSC. It's a pretty solid tank, which had a moveset of Body Slam, Hyper beam, Earthquake, and Rest/Amnesia.

bab.gif

Who knew it shot the Hyper Beam out of its eyes?!

Last edited:

littlebeeb

小さなもの
Years
I feel like as a kid back in the day, that was one of the best parts in the game! You spent some of the first part of the game being teased by it blocking you path so once you figured out you could use the flute to awaken it to battle it, it was on!

It was such a special encounter too since it had its own sprite on the map too! Long live Snorlax!

Years
I always make a point to catch all event encounter Pok?mon like that every playthrough, whether I actually intend to use them or not, unless it's something like the item impostor Voltorbs and Electrodes, or the Kecleon in Hoenn, where you can also find them in standard wild encounters, in which case I don't feel any particular pressure to catch the specific ones found in those event battles.

Actually, generally-speaking, unless I'm specifically grinding?and even then, only in games without easy access to trainer rematches?I pretty much only ever resolve wild Pok?mon encounters by either (making an attempt at) capturing them or running away.

As for Snorlax itself, I like it well enough! I couldn't name a specific playthrough where I did, but I know I have used it before! It's surprisingly cute for such a big, burly Pok?mon, and its combination of rarity and power always made it feel very cool and special to me. Snorlax is definitely a reliable and mighty Pok?mon for those seeking a team member with both bulk and versatility~

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 21, 2017
I don't remember from childhood, but on my most recent playthrough of Blue (which was like a year ago), I just defeated it since I had my team already planned out. EXP ya know. He was a pretty hard guy to beat from what I remember.

+1

Back