• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Longest game you've ever played?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
  • Specifically, in terms of the main story/playthrough, not counting post game activity and 100% runs, what's the longest game you've ever played? It seems like most games have an average play time of 40 or so hours, but I've played some games as short as like, 8 hours, and I've played some longer ones too.

By far the longest game I've ever played is Tales of Graces. From the start of the game to the end credits, it took me about 60 hours to finish it, and I've seen on some forums and game reviews that it takes most people around the same amount of time, so it's not just me xD On top of that, there's also an epilogue to the game that's another ~25 hours, so Graces totally wins the title for longest game I've ever played :)

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
  • Omfg, the FF series are sooo long sometimes. But I think so far the only game I haven't beaten (on original system with no cheats or anything) would be Majora's Mask.

Years
  • Pokemon X is one of the longer ones compared to other games I own. Tales of Xillia is another game too that can take quite some time. Most of the game duration goes towards grinding my characters levels way beyond what they should be XD

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Pokemon X/Y is really short though. The horrible pacing makes it feel slow.

Yea, it's tough to gauge the length of a Pokemon game since there's a lot of extra stuff and optional grinding to do before the main story is finished, but I'd say you can get through X/Y in a matter of 30 hours if you minimize grinding and side stuff. I think the longest ones were the Hoenn games. I'd give them at least 45 hours.

Yukari

Ultima 7: The Black Gate is definitly one of the longest games I've ever played, the story in of itself could take over 50 hours and there is plenty else to do. Another one would be Final Fantasy VII, It could take up to 50 hours to complete, Including the optional grinding and side stories.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Persona 4.

Never before have I ever played a game that took 80 hours to complete just the main story. That's without all of the social links as well.

Years
  • I haven't played many games but out of the ones I have played, Rune Factory 4. Took me a good 120+ hours to beat the three story arcs during my first playthrough and boy did I suffer, aha.

Persona 4 is very long too though, I've heard, and I can't wait to pick it up!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    If we're just talking about completing the main story, then the longest for me is the Tales games, iirc. Symphonia and Vesperia take me roughly 55~60 hours to complete the main story.

If we're including post-game and stuff, then it goes to the Disgaea series and Phantasy Star Online for me. The insane amount of time I've put into those...

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    The longest game I've finished in a single playthrough was probably Fallout: New Vegas, where I racked up ~80 hours in the core game, but it really depends on how you play the game. I finished Dark Souls in 95 hours my first time, but a good chunk of that was due to idling at bonfires, backtracking, PvP/PvE, and getting myself lost. It's a much shorter game once you actually know where to go, only being about 10-30 hours.

The longest game I finished without a lot of side content was probably Persona 3 Portable with 72 hours, and I wholly regret my decision to finish it for various reasons.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've played a lot of games before which all took a decent amount of time to finish, but most recent would be Assassin's Creed II. To finish the story, it took me about a total of 70 hours. Maybe 80. Loved every moment of it, though; it was amazing. <3

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Guild Wars. Believe it or not, I think I had close to 2000 hours into it before I beat the prophecies campaign, probably mostly to my own playing different characters, the occasional character remake, etc. If we are going by total completion, like all of the campaigns main stories.... well, almost 3000 hours in, have yet to beat factions or nightfall expansions. I'll get back to you on that XD

TY

Need for Speed Most Wanted (the old one). Took me months to beat the final cop chase... I so hate the BMW and how it handles ;~;

Years
  • Oblivion for me, from start to finish, doing everything from every quest, side quest, guild, house, DLC house, Orrery DLC, Mehrunes DLC, Knights of the Nine AND Shivering Isles I think I hit 150 hours. Though admittedly part of that time is just me sat staring out over the landscape marvelling at how pretty it is, I do that a bit too much ._.

Back