• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: Make-a-Mega 5: Complete

Whose stat selection should be used for the Mega Castforms?

• [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9402627&postcount=49"]Castform[/url]

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9402665&postcount=50"]gimmepie[/url]

• [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9402673&postcount=51"]Wolf[/url]

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9402803&postcount=52"]Volpe Artica[/url]

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9406444&postcount=53"]MrDollSteak[/url]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sirfetch’d

I'm sticking with having it change types based on it's stone. Mega Charizard and Mega Mewtwo both have two stones so a much weaker Pokemon, like Castform, could easily get by with three. I think it would be easy to tell which stone Castform will be using based on the rest of the team.

Mega Castform-Sun @Castite Sun(Fire)
    Mega Castform-Rain @Castite Rain(Water)
    Mega Castform-Snow @Castite Snow(Ice)

This will be a much more difficult/gimmicky Make a Mega but why not have more fun with it and try something like this? 8D

Sirfetch’d

Mega Castform-Sand @Castite Sand

in addition? ;)

I like the idea but might over complicate things? I say this because it never had an original sand form and Weather Ball has no interaction with Sandstorm :(

Years
  • I like the idea but might over complicate things? I say this because it never had an original sand form and Weather Ball has no interaction with Sandstorm :(

Bulbapedia says Weather Ball becomes Rock-type in Sandstorm. Granted, Castform still has never had a sand form, but I still maintain that it should've, and this is our chance to fix it :)

Sirfetch’d

Oh til. I never knew Sandstorm influenced Weather Ball

Years
  • Just so you guys know, I'll enter Castform's (lol) idea in as a single option so it doesn't get too confusing.

I'm also going to just throw in Normal/Ghost as an option, because why not?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Give it a move that can have different typings and base it's Mega around that gimmick. Aka, make it a mon similar to Rayquaza, which doesn't need a Mega stone. Considering Castforms terrible stats, it's unlikely that it evolves into a second Mega Ray.

The move's type can be any of the same type of weather and depending on that, Castform's typing changes accordingly.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Since it's type used to be weather dependent, the only way to have it make any sense would to whip up a weather. So yup, totally agree with Pie here. (Hail ability is called Snow Warning btw. ;))

But just to throw in a second suggestion, what about Adaptability?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Weather abilities would be nice. Or possibly Simple? Not really any good pokemon that can utilize it well right now and with Castform's various boosting abilities it could be fun counting in and strategizing with/against the different forms.

Years
  • You know I feel kind of bad for throwing in a second suggestion but maybe we could go step further on the weather abilities and do

Desolate Land/Primordial Sea/An Ice version of Delta Stream (Ice Age maybe?)

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • You know I feel kind of bad for throwing in a second suggestion but maybe we could go step further on the weather abilities and do

Me gusta. If at first your weather gets overridden, just say lolnope imma primal.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    We could give it an ability that gives Weather Ball a little more strength, while also adding a weather effect to the move. Basically, in its Sun form, Weather Ball gets a boost in damage, while at the same time acting as if you'd just used Sunny Day.

Sirfetch’d

Was thinking the 3 weather abilities myself! The rain one would be really fun with insta rain and Hurricane/Weather Ball/Ice Beam/Thunder 8D

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years

I know it's so overkill but please??? Also Ice Age sounds great lol

Years
  • I think just the three standard weather abilities, instead of Primordial etc because er LOL welcome to Ubers Castform.

Given how absolutely shocking its stats are I don't think the boost from Mega is going to be enough extra power to push Castform all the way to Uber, even with such mad abilities. Maybe OU.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Wait what if we made it so that it can hold an item? For example, it doesn't need a Mega-Stone to evolve, but uses Heat Rock, Damp Rock, and Icy Rock (I had to search this one up lol). This way, it can have Drought, Drizzle, and Snow Warning respectively, but each weather effect will last longer. In addition, it will automatically change forms when you switch it in. Is that too strong?

I feel like giving it Desolate Land, etc. is too strong and kind of takes away from the uniqueness of Primal Groudon, etc. Yes, it could be balanced out with stats, but I don't feel like it's a good design philosophy.

I was also thinking of giving it some new gimmick weather ability, but wouldn't that be too much hassle? Like basically Forecast + (Some Weather thing), kinda weird (don't count this as a suggestion).

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • I think it could be similar to Mega Rayquaza, ie. using the Fervent Wish with Dragon Ascent. I think as long as Castform has Weather Ball it should be able to evolve, this encourages the weather synergy aspect. I like really 5qwerty's point about being able to use the different weather rocks to extend the weather, but I also don't really see a problem with it being able to use Life Orb or Choice items as it has such abysmal stats.

Regarding the ability I agree with the Standard weather abilities. While adaptability is pretty cool, it would really deter from the weather theme and under Sun and Rain, fire and water moves are getting a 1.5 boost anyway, the only benefit would be if it got a second type.

Last edited:
    Back