• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Chroma Version [09/21/20] [Beta 1]

vxo

ROM Hacker
Years
  • 3TzsU8H.png

Pokémon Chroma Version - a hack of Emerald

Story

Today is your big day! Today is the day that the Ryoko League has opened it's annual circuit across the Ryoko Region. The region's Professor, Professor Cypress, gives you and your neighbor, Skip, your first Pokémon. However, as your journey begins, so does a menacing group of criminals, calling themselves Team Proto, who wish to bring the entirety of the Ryoko region to it's knees, with their Supreme Leader Apollo leading the criminal group. Will you

Features

• Physical/Special Split
    • Pokémon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola and Galar!
    • New custom region, the Ryoko Region
    • Original storyline and characters
    • Updated Movesets and Updated Abilities
    • Hidden Grottos and other secrets
    • More Evolution Stones
    • Infinite TMs
    • And many, many more features!

Screenshots

tCh5cwi.png
    d4tWCbD.png
    Z9TxVCM.png

XEYjO5X.png
    ziA73if.png
    nX4ksEX.png

PQNmset.png
    H0wwGti.png
    ttiiTxn.png

Information & Links

Frequently Asked Questions

• This game looks like Pokémon Fire Red. Why do I have to use Pokémon Emerald?
      This is because I used pret's decompilation of Pokémon Emerald, and simply mimicked Pokémon Fire Red's graphic-style.
    • How do I apply a patch?
      There are plenty of in-depth tutorials out there, but the gist is: run flips.exe (or any patcher that supports .bps patches) and have a clean Pokémon Emerald ROM (U). Select "Apply Patch" and select your clean Pokémon Emerald ROM and the Pokémon Chroma patch.
    • Can I use my save in future releases?
      That is the plan, but there is no guarantee. As a precaution, when you plan on upgrading your save, make sure to save using the in-game function and saving inside of a Pokémon Center.
    • I found a bug! Where can I report it?
      You can report any bugs you find on the Pokémon Chroma Discord in #bug-reports

Credits

Spoiler:

Bugs

If you'd like to report a bug, please report in the Pokémon Chroma Discord in #bug-reports

A list of known bugs will be consistently updated in #known-bugs. Please check there before reporting any bugs!

Download

Last edited:

Anthroyd

Professor
    Years
  • There's something about using vanilla tiles with only subtle changes and additions that looks so attractive. Although, it could just be your way of mapping that catches my eye.
    Looks promising so far. Good luck!

Karl

Creator of [b]Pokémon Darkfire[/b]
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    This is looking great. Keep up the hard work.

Years
    • Seen today
    Looks good. I'm always a fan of your maps. Excited for this one.

but what happened to aurora

vxo

ROM Hacker
    Years
  • but what happened to aurora

Aurora is currently on hold due to some ROM corruptions and some other personal reasons on why I started disliking the direction of that hack:
    • A lot of the tiles felt rushed, and didn't fit the FR Style of graphics
    • The story started to feel repetitive, with the player just always battling Giovanni (or whoever the evil dude was)

It sucks because in my internal release I was able to get to the Haus Corporation and the one of the last Team Rocket events before the E4. All 8 gyms were finished.

I might consider doing some re-mapping later on, but also Rosso Town is completely glitched out, and I can't even open the map. But that's the life of a ROM Hacker, I guess.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • This looks really nice, it's kinda nice to see someone use the Vanilla tiles of the base ROM instead of the whole fancy "bright/graphically appealing" concept.

vxo

ROM Hacker
    Years
  • Hey all!

The first Beta of Pokémon Chroma has been released! Check out the original post to get the download and see new screenshots!

or click me to go to the original post.

Years
  • I've just finished the first beta and its a blast! It's slightly challenging but not too much which is perfect since I just played difficulty games by difficulty games. Tho I have found some bugs:

- Two npcs doesnt have a dialogue, the first one is a girl in the route under the starting town and the other is the girl in the top of the Pokemon Center in Enclava.
    - Some graphical glitches in Enclava. Most of them are inside the houses tho. Also the tiles glitch out when buying in the mart.
    - A little bit nitpicky, but some NPCs still have their original dialogues from Emerald, I hope they get changed in the upcoming versions of the hack.

vxo

ROM Hacker
    Years
  • - Two npcs doesnt have a dialogue, the first one is a girl in the route under the starting town and the other is the girl in the top of the Pokemon Center in Enclava.
    - Some graphical glitches in Enclava. Most of them are inside the houses tho. Also the tiles glitch out when buying in the mart.
    - A little bit nitpicky, but some NPCs still have their original dialogues from Emerald, I hope they get changed in the upcoming versions of the hack.

Thank you for playing and reporting these bugs!
    I just finished setting up a bug report channel in my discord, and most of these bugs have been reported there! I'll be fixing some of these up for the next release, whether that be for v2 or v1.1.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    Added On bucket list when finished (Those Vanilla tree look bootiful!)lol

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
    Years
    • Seen today
    My Chimchar wasn't able to learn mach punch upon evolving. Was this done intentionally or is it some kind of bug? Also the features list says TMs are infinite but rock tomb broke after 1 use. Is it possible that feature just hasn't been implemented yet?

Last edited:
    Back