• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games you didn't really 'get into'?

malanaphii

i'm about to monologue, son
Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2023
    What games (main and side) did you not really get into? Which games did you start but never finish, finish quickly and never look at again, or just decide not to get?

For me, it's the newer games. Black and White I completed but then got bored (although now I'm replaying it, I kinda love it again). Sun and Moon I never really got into - I have one of them but I haven't played much of it. Ultra Sun and Ultra moon I didn't even realise came out already - I would like to play them, but I'm not sure if I'll just get bored again lmao.

I loved all the side games i can think of. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon was definitely one of my favourites.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon did not interest me at all. I'm just hoping Gen 8 isn't as disappointing.

Years
  • I loved Moon but I got bored of Ultra Sun quick, probably because it isn't as different from the original games. As far as side games go, the only one I couldn't get into that much was Pokken Tournament, but that's just because I'm not that into fighting games.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    You know, I was having a conversation with my friend about this the other day. I recently was thinking really hard about all of the memories I had of every pokemon game I have ever played. After thinking about it for a while I realized, Su/Mo were my least favorite.

I don't think that Su/Mo were terrible games, but they definitely fall to the bottom of the list of all of the pokemon games I have played. Realizing this is also what made me decide to not buy USM. Based on what I have read about the game and what I have seen in a lets play video, I'm glad I decided to skip the game.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
    Years
  • Never got into Pokémon Ranger. I never really tried it nor am I that interested in it.

Never played the 64/GameCube/Wii games either though I am a bit interested...

Last edited:

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Kanto remakes seems never get my attention, GF lacks of attention bringing fun stuff to Gen1 remakes, I guess mewtwo do count, but whats next.

Ranger series, not too fond to damage the touchscreen while you try to capture the pokemon like nuts and any mircotransaction titles I have no interest in lives, premium currency or any wait timers it's waste of time.

Years
  • The only pokemon games I didn't really get into was Sun, Moon; haven't even purchase USUM yet. Almost nothing in it appealed to me, so after pokemon league I just simply locked it away. The only reason why I'll buy USUM is so that I won't miss any events geared towards these games and that's it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. The lack of available Pokemon was super disappointing to me, especially considering that you could recruit (almost) all Pokemon in previous PMD games. I've never bothered to buy it, and I don't regret not buying it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2023
    Ultra Moon. I could get into Sun just fine, even if the feeling that you were stuck in a tutorial persisted for far too long, but Ultra Moon just doesn't feel different enough to warrant its own game. I could only bear to get myself just before Kiawe, but the only significant change was the Mantine surfing, which I don't find very fun as a minigame.

I'll probably not pick up these "v2.0" games anymore unless they start being different again.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Ultra Moon. I could get into Sun just fine, even if the feeling that you were stuck in a tutorial persisted for far too long, but Ultra Moon just doesn't feel different enough to warrant its own game. I could only bear to get myself just before Kiawe, but the only significant change was the Mantine surfing, which I don't find very fun as a minigame.

I'll probably not pick up these "v2.0" games anymore unless they start being different again.

USUM is more like v1.0, SM is the unfinished game but released anyway cause $$$

Reactions: Nah
    Years
  • I loved gen 1, 3 and 4. However, I only beat gen 5 and 6 once and then never looked back. Never played gen 2 much so I couldn't tell you much. I haven't even played gen 7 yet. As for spin-offs, I re-bought the second mystery dungeon, but the others were dull to me. Stadium is great nostalgia. Coliseum and XD Gale were great too but hard for me. Battle Revolution was too short. That's it.

Guest123_x1

Even though I bought my 2DS to get back into Pokémon gaming with Generation VI, I never got too far in Y, and I don't think I even finished the first Grand Trial on Moon. Though I completed Alpha Sapphire (my first Pokémon game that I bought alongside the 2DS for my 'return'), and really enjoyed that game, I've focused nearly all of my Pokémon game time on the Virtual Console releases of Generations I and II.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I procrastinated and I started Yellow and Crystal when they were released, but didn't finish either until 2012.

I started both Sapphire and Firered on release but grew bored of both and never finished them.

I didn't play Pokemon when Gen 4 and 5 came out because a few things burned me off of the series including Gen 3, the anime changing voice actors and the cards introducing the e-series. As well as the DS. I got back into collecting Pokemon cards in late 2013.

I bought Black 2 and a 3ds shortly before Y came out and started it but am stuck at Colress so haven't completed it.

I bought Y when it was released and finished it in early 2016.

I bought Omega Ruby and X in 2016 and started them but mainly use them for shiny hunting. So haven't completed either. Don't really care about shiny charm so don't really need too. I have Alpha Sapphire also that I need to start so I can shiny hunt the version exclusives but don't want too...

I bought Sun and Moon on release and played Moon for a few weeks but quickly grew bored of it and haven't played it since maybe early 2017. I don't own Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon and don't plan on buying them.

Last edited:

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
    Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    For me, definitely Black and White 1. I got White 1 on release and throughout my entire initial playthrough, I just wasn't feeling it at all.

I've come to terms with the fact that I'm pretty much the only fan that doesn't see BW1 as the best games in the series, but again it just wasn't doing it for me. Unova was boring and linear, I hated Bianca and Cheren as rivals and wanted to punch them, the overworld music was one of the few instances in any video game where I had to turn off the volume because I disliked it that much, I didn't care for a lot of the new Pokémon designs, and I could go on but you get my point. Coming off of my favorite gen (4), White felt like a downgrade in a lot of aspects. I've long since traded away my original copy and even all these years later I honestly feel zero motivation to revisit it.

As far as the main series goes I've at least finished every game except for USUM, because I didn't bother buying it yet as my backlog is too big right now. I actually liked most of the spinoffs I played, even the more gimmicky ones like Snap and Hey You Pikachu.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2021
    I'm probably in the minority here but Pokemon Yellow. I think I played through it once back in the day but I've never be interested in playing again. Mainly because you get four starters and 4/6 of your team is already set. Kind of takes the fun out of building a team away for me. I know you can box the three starters if you like but who in their right mind would do that?

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I LOVEEEE Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky, it's easily my favourite Pokemon game of all time.
    It gives me so much nostalgia, as a magnificent storyline, characters, and a moving soundtrack.

However, Gates to Infinity never really got my attention, the characters never stood out to me, and I missed the numerous Character options and the personality quiz. The storyline didn't grab me like its predecessor did. Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon is phenomenal, though, and is another one of my favourites.

Pokemon Black and White also fell flat to me. A lot of the characters have so much depth to them, and ultimately have incredibly detailed designs. The layout of the region itself is excellent, I loved the vibrant Nimbasa city, Skyarrow bridge, Castellia city, etc. The storyline on the other hand just is lacking, it's kind of monotonous and never compelled or excited me the same way that other games have. After the main story is completed I feel like there is absolutely nothing to do for entertainment. Black 2 and White 2 are significantly better, but still feel somewhat stale. Generation 4 is by far my favourite, and Gen 5 just seemed like a huge disappointment and didn't quite meet my expectations.

Gen 7 never piqued my interest, and while I'm tempted to purchase Ultra Sun/Moon, I doubt I will.

Last edited:
    Back