• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Human Race goes extinct!!! Can any species replace us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
  • There are many animal species known to show intelligence.

Primates are known for their social communication & tool making abilities. Bats, whales & dolphins are known for their echolocation skills. Many species of wild animals like lions, cheetahs etc. show excellent teamwork while hunting their prey. Dogs are supposed to have the ability to understand human speech & so on.

But we humans (talking about homo sapiens - the "modern" human race) are considered to be on the top the tree, because of our superior intelligence, the skill of using language to communicate, more complex brains, greater social skills & a lot of other abilities considered far more superior to other species.

But what if were were to go extinct one day, like the dinosaurs. Is there any other species that can replace us?

Pika Pika :chu:

Last edited:

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    When mankind is torn asunder by its own folly, vengeance wreaked upon itself by the hubris of its nations, I will be there. When the last outstretched fingers sink beneath the maelstrom and the last bones become ash in the fires spewing forth from Terra, I will be there. When the gods have left and the spirits have faded, I will be there. No other species will be capable of seeing through the demise of mankind. No other species will be satisfactory. But I will be there.

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    I think the most likely candidate would either be another great ape species convergently evolving into another very human like creature to fill the ecological niche we left behind, or elephants, though having only one grasper would inhibit the latter.

Any egg-laying creature would never be able to come close to us, because egg-laying severely restricts brain and skeletal development, two things a sapient race needs in order to work.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    well the way i see it dinosaurs/reptiles took over out of strength and humans/mammals took over because of intelligence. once humans go extinct i would imagine the world would be taken over by something small yet hardy considering all the chemicals/nuclear waste/overall polllution that will get left behind from us. perhaps the time of fungus or plants or maybe bacterias will take over for some time. as they can mutate/adapt fairly well

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    well the way i see it dinosaurs/reptiles took over out of strength and humans/mammals took over because of intelligence. once humans go extinct i would imagine the world would be taken over by something small yet hardy considering all the chemicals/nuclear waste/overall polllution that will get left behind from us. perhaps the time of fungus or plants or maybe bacterias will take over for some time. as they can mutate/adapt fairly well

Cockroaches. Those things are indestructible.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • If we were to go extinct it would be through nuclear war or an increase in uncontrollable diseases and or radiation meaning everything would go extinct. If radiation would be sent through the air then animals, plants, etc would be effected by it same with diseases, or it would turn us into mutants lol. If we were to go to nuclear war everything would incarcerate.

Years
  • There are several animals with the potential to evolve human-esque intelligence should we for some reason go extinct without taking the planet with us. Off the top of my head other primates and octopi are good options.

Last edited:

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • This is ridiculous. No animals will be able to take our place. After humans go bye bye, highly intelligent robots will take over.

Sir Codin

Anywho, I think it would be cool if the species...or class in this case...that replaced us could be - in an ironic case of coming full circle....

REPTILES

That or octupi...we get little chibi-Cthulus taking over the earth.

Years
  • ...and the call ME misanthropic.

Anywho, I think it would be cool if the species...or class in this case...that replaced us could be - in an ironic case of coming full circle....

REPTILES

That or octupi...we get little chibi-Cthulus taking over the earth.

Well I mean, Octopi are actually quite plausible. They're highly intelligent by most animal standards and display great problem-solving skills. They have very short lifespans right now though, so that would need to change.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back