• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] After 22 Years...

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • ...Ash/Satoshi is FINALLY a Pokemon Leauge Champion!

EEgm2_rXoAY6ZCB

Congratulations to Ash! It comes to show you to never give up on your dreams, and always push on, even after defeat/failure. It's a first-ever occasion, and I think he deserves a round of applause for his efforts!

Last edited:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • It's about time but... what will happen to future series? Is anyone going to ask this question? He's been such a huge icon in every single one. I'm just curious to know how this might affect the franchise if he's won the league.

I'm proud of him for winning after so many years and everything, don't get me wrong. I'm just wondering if this is an end to the anime or what they plan on doing etc... I guess no one really knows at this point. It's worth thinking about and what not. o.o

Alloute

Cat Burglar
    Years
  • How it was unfair?

Because Hau was about to be declared the winner until the judges realized that Ash's Rowlet was still asleep, and they just gave Ash a slap on the wrist and let him continue the battle. It felt cheap because Ash got disqualified when Charizard feel asleep spontaneously back in the Indigo League, yet he was allowed to continue battling in the Alola League despite Rowlet doing the exact same thing.

Also, Rowlet's whole attitude in that battle was ****. He had previously shown that he wanted to defeat Hau's Decidueye and was shown to be extra passionate and determined about their battle beforehand, yet he went with his usual sleep gag towards the end and made a mockery of all that build up.

Edit:
    Don't forget that he won the Orange league.

Nobody counts that since it wasn't a tournament or even based on a League from the games; it was just a case of Ash having to beat four 99 cent store tier Gym Leaders and then facing a Champion who was essentially a caricature of Lance.

Last edited:

Taste of Tea

Hoenn confirmed
    Years
  • Because Hau was about to be declared the winner until the judges realized that Ash's Rowlet was still asleep, and they just gave Ash a slap on the wrist and let him continue the battle. It felt cheap because Ash got disqualified when Charizard feel asleep spontaneously back in the Indigo League, yet he was allowed to continue battling in the Alola League despite Rowlet doing the exact same thing.

Also, Rowlet's whole attitude in that battle was ****. He had previously shown that he wanted to defeat Hau's Decidueye and was shown to be extra passionate and determined about their battle beforehand, yet he went with his usual sleep gag towards the end and made a mockery of all that build up.

It goes even deeper than that. Rowlet wearing that stupid Decidueye cloak during the first half of the battle was condescending as hell and then the writer of that episode had Rowlet use the cloak as a substitute to escape from Decidueye's Z-Move, even though Rowlet was clearly shown to be directly hit by the attack a few seconds before it was revealed that the move had apparently missed him. Then in the second half the writer had Rowlet use Feather Dance to molt his feathers and make yet another scapegoat to avoid Decidueye's attack. This anime isn't Naruto, so having two different kinds of wannabe substitution jutsu scenarios in one battle was just Tauros crap. Then you realize just how much stronger Decidueye was compared to Rowlet throughout the entire battle and it makes Rowlet's win even more preposterous.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • so, are we just going to forget orange islands and the battle frontier, then...? And before anyone starts shit with me anime =/= game canon.

But, congrats, Ash, I cried when I head the news about him winning the Alola League. I thought it wouldn't happen, but I'm glad it did.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
    Years
  • so, are we just going to forget orange islands and the battle frontier, then...? And before anyone starts shit with me anime =/= game canon.

But, congrats, Ash, I cried when I head the news about him winning the Alola League. I thought it wouldn't happen, but I'm glad it did.

What the does the Battle Frontier have to do with this? That wasn't a League, not even by the anime's standards. So I'm not sure what you're trying to say...

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I say let people consider them a win if they want! Everyone has different opinions on them after all but at the end of the day they're all good steps towards Ash becoming a Pokemon Master.

Last edited:

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • Orange islands absolutely counts. Orange islands happens at a time when the a
    Pokémon was supposed to end after johto so orange island was supposed to be the character development of the time since kanto , Orange Islands , and johto are one series pretty much and we can't use the it wasn't in the game argument since anime world is much bigger than in the games hence kanto and unova having more than 8 gyms.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
    Years
  • Orange islands absolutely counts. Orange islands happens at a time when the a
    Pokémon was supposed to end after johto so orange island was supposed to be the character development of the time since kanto , Orange Islands , and johto are one series pretty much and we can't use the it wasn't in the game argument since anime world is much bigger than in the games hence kanto and unova having more than 8 gyms.

Not that I even take this "Pokemon was supposed to end after Johto" theory seriously as far as it relates to the anime since that's the first time I've heard of this and I can't seem to find a source for that supposed revelation, but just to play devil's advocate, how would that make Ash winning the Orange League noteworthy in the long run? If the anime was still going to continue through Johto before supposedly ending, I'm not sure why Ash's Orange League win would affect his character if there was still three years of his journey (approximately how long the Johto saga lasted) to get through after that point.

You said that it was "character development" for him, yet if the Orange League was an official League that was meant to be on par with the major Leagues like the Indigo and Silver Conferences, then there wouldn't have even been a point in continuing Ash's journey past that point since he would've already achieved the highest achievement possible up to that point.

Last edited:

Taste of Tea

Hoenn confirmed
    Years

I guess you can count the Orange Islands league if you want even though it was forgotten by most of the anime characters and only mentioned once or twice after the end of the Orange Islands storyarc, but the Battle Frontier wasn't a league to begin with, so I wouldn't put it in the same category.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2022
    I know some people will find a way to downplay Ash winning but who cares, congratulations on your first win in the Pokemon League Ash.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Like come on we all wished he'd stopped bring the pro; But the writers are soooon going to be "Oh, I've won but I have so much more to learn so I guess I'll restart my Pokemon journey and have Pikachu reset to level 5 and leggo again".

Years
  • Watched the episode yesterday and ahh congrats Ash on your first main league win!! Boy was in such disbelief that he just stood there frozen and unable to comprehend what happened, aaaaaaw

Back