• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: POTENTIAL FILM/MUSIC CLUB????

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
  • WHAT'S UP GUYS. IT'S YOUR BOY MACCRASH. so in an attempt to get something going here I was wondering how many people would possibly be interested in starting up little film / music clubs. basically what this means is a bunch of people nominate albums or films or whatever and then over the course of the next week or two weeks (timespan is malleable, whatever works for you guys) we listen / watch this piece and then get discussions about them going afterwards. I'm gonna leave a lot of this vague to see what you guys think of everything but how many of you would be on-board for something like this? I've been meaning to start something like this here for a long time and figure now's as good a time as any to get the ball rolling!

what do you think? ((:

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Sounds good on paper. Though I've been in a similar thing before but never quite took off because people just weren't appealed or motivated to discuss, so clash of tastes/inability to appreciate what's outside comfort zone might be an issue. I wouldn't mind participating in this if it takes off though! =)

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Possession (1981)
    Tenshi no Tamago
    Eraserhead
    Delicatessen
    Tetsuo: Iron Man
    The Devils (1971)
    Threads (1984)
    Decoder (1984)
    The Wicker Man (1973)

Watch, enjoy, and discuss, Pokecommunity.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I would like a music club, not really a film club (for the only reason that I don'T watch movies) but I have to agree with you, that's a good idea. I had an idea for a 8tracks club, the music club would be a bit like that.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • hopefully not anything too accessible (like... that everyone has probably already seen or is overhyped [so most things on Netflix]) or inaccessible (origins of the video tape traced back to the basement of the original Blockbuster in Dallas) but yes i'm down!

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    shame that this died or never got off the ground but i'll list a few films

""""artsy"""":
    tokyo story (1953)
    medea (1969)
    black narcissus (1947)
    tangerine (2015)
    eyes wide shut (1999)
    dead ringers (1988)

there is a bit of overlap between foreign & artsy but... eat me!

foreign:
    ikiru (1952)
    persona (1966)
    a separation (2011)
    good bye, lenin! (2003)
    ghost in the shell (1995)

delicious trash:
    showgirls (1995 - not taking responsibility for anything you see here)
    glitter (2001)
    the room (2003)
    strait-jacket (1964)
    mommie dearest (1980 - on second thought let's just watch this on repeat every week)

general interest:
    watchmen (2009 - I personally loved the adaptation so suck it)
    nightcrawler (2014)
    chicken run (2000)
    star trek ii: the wrath of khan (1982)
    the fly (1986)
    little miss sunshine (2006)
    almost famous (2001)

chicken run might be the only movie listed that pc would even consider

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I would still love this to happen, especially Harley's list. but that's just me. let's try to get this off the ground again. who is interested.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • o/ I'd totally be down to join this. I was actually thinking about creating something where I could stream movies so members could watch together, but I found this thread so this would work well instead.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    more pc-friendly perhaps:

batman returns (1992)
    pocahontas (1995)
    scream (1996)
    hercules (1997)
    ocean's eleven (2001)
    13 going on 30 (2004)

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    o/ I'd totally be down to join this. I was actually thinking about creating something where I could stream movies so members could watch together, but I found this thread so this would work well instead.

what would you use to stream? I have little to no knowledge of how this would actually work, I'm just simply the arbiter of taste around here.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • what would you use to stream? I have little to no knowledge of how this would actually work, I'm just simply the arbiter of taste around here.

Honestly I have no idea lmao. Some of my online friends have done it before and we've done it to stream pokemon movies during the GT so I'd just ask around and see how others did it.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Honestly I have no idea lmao. Some of my online friends have done it before and we've done it to stream pokemon movies during the GT so I'd just ask around and see how others did it.

well that sounds absolutely lovely thank you

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    an alternative to explore if people can't get together to watch a film at one time is to assign a film to watch during a week/fortnight and get back to other members about your thoughts about it in the thread

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • what would you use to stream? I have little to no knowledge of how this would actually work, I'm just simply the arbiter of taste around here.

Someone could probably... 'acquire' the movie and use livestream to stream it, I'm pretty sure you can just screen-share. But yeah timezones might make it hard to get everyone to watch something at the same time so assigning a film a week/fortnight for people to watch in their own time would be good! As long as there are people who are keen and the film isn't too difficult to access - we tried to do something similar with a Book Club recently but it died straight away :(

Back