• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 25, 2009
Is it possible i could get a link to Poccil's Starter kit thread. I've used search but the dl thread isn't turning up.. maybe done it wrong or something.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Question: How do I use the "cut script" in emerald?
I mean the "$2906BB".
It works, but when I move, the tree comes back again...
Does anyone know how to solve that?

There's a useful invention called reusing scripts. Find a cut tree and take its script.

Now- is there a tool for remixing music anywhere on PC?

Larsie13

Question: How do I use the "cut script" in emerald?
I mean the "$2906BB".
It works, but when I move, the tree comes back again...
Does anyone know how to solve that?
Well, I've noticed that most CUT trees have their movement set to Look around, and a People ID from 0010 to 001F. Try to give that to your tree. If that doesn't fix it, then there might something wrong with your ROM. I've had that problem once myself. (Except it was with a regular OW, not a tree, but it also reappeared when I walked 1 step, and it was in FR instead of Emerald.)

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
Can anyone shed some light on how the learnable move tutor moves are coded in FireRed? I presumed they'd be in the format of TMs/HMs, a series of binary switches, but I tested that theory, and it didn't pan out (IE: no, no they are not).

Anyone know how to say, change Bulbasaur to be able to learn Mega Kick?

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
Is there any way to edit Giovanni's text in the Silph Co.? I think it might be a map script because advance map doesn't let me view the script.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
After I warp in a script I walk a couple of steps and the game resets :\ whats wrong?

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2012
I'm just wondering what's wrong with this script.
Code:
#org $ begin
lock
faceplayer
message $poke
$poke 1 = \v\h01, long time, no see.\nPROF.ELM asked me to find you.\pHe has another favor to ask.
boxset 6
message $poke1
$poke1 1 = Would you take the Pokémon Egg?
boxset 5
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 1 goto $get
message $toobad
$toobad 1 = B-but... PROF.ELM asked for you...
boxset 6
release
end

#org $get
lock
message $get1
$get1 1 = \v\h01 received EGG.
boxset 6
#raw 0x7A 0xAF 0x00
message $received
$received 1 = We discovered that a POKéMON will not\nhatch until it grows in the EGG.\pIt also has to be with other active\nPOKéMON to hatch.\p\v\h01, you're the only person\nwe can rely on.\pPlease return to ELM's LAB when that\nEGG hatches!
boxset 6
applymovement 0x05 $move
pausemove 0
release
end

#org $move
#raw 0x12 
#raw 0x10 
#raw 0x10 
#raw 0x10 
#raw 0xFE
The person I've tried to make move just won't move. Everything else works in the script. He just won't move for some reason. I've even tried switching the 0x05 to 0xFF to make sure that it wasn't the fact that I had the wrong person selected but the player didn't move as well. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? This is for a FireRed hack not Ruby.
Thanks in advance.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
After I warp in a script I walk a couple of steps and the game resets :\ whats wrong?
Check to see if there are any sprites in that map who are set to the movement "Hidden".

I'm just wondering what's wrong with this script.
Spoiler:
The person I've tried to make move just won't move. Everything else works in the script. He just won't move for some reason. I've even tried switching the 0x05 to 0xFF to make sure that it wasn't the fact that I had the wrong person selected but the player didn't move as well. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? This is for a FireRed hack not Ruby.
Thanks in advance.
Please ask any questions relating to scripts in the Script Help thread. Its been a while since I've done any scripting but it might be because you've used Lock before the applymovement.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009

Advance Text can help you with that.

I can't seem to find that anywhere. I searched the forum and I can't find it. Would it be possible to take a Rocket from the same floor and change his script offset to something with more text and change his trainer offset to Giovanni's rematch? That would probably work, and I could still achieve what I want. I'm still a noob at hacking, so I don't want anything too complicated or I might screw it up...:(

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2012
Please ask any questions relating to scripts in the Script Help thread. Its been a while since I've done any scripting but it might be because you've used Lock before the applymovement.

Thanks, it seemed to work, although now he doesn't complete all the movements. He'll do the one's I put in the code above but he won't disappear and he also won't stay where he moves to, like he'll move back to where he originally was after I leave the pokecenter. I'll go and ask in the Script Help thread. Thanks again. :) +rep

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2014
Uhm, sure. No credit needed...
Ohh.. Thanks dude
do you know anyway to make this script normal [a.k.a Decompile it]
Code:
[B]#org 0x6B5200
msgbox 0x86B5223 MSG_NORMAL '"Vileplume: Vahh! Vaaaa[.]\..."
nop
removeitem 0x12 0x1
nop
wildbattle2 0x2D 0x10 0x0 0x5
bufferitem 0x0 0x2929
compare 0x853 0x20[/B]0

Lukeyjohnno

Hacker-In-Training ;)
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2013
Ohh.. Thanks dude
do you know anyway to make this script normal [a.k.a Decompile it]
Code:
[B]#org 0x6B5200
msgbox 0x86B5223 MSG_NORMAL '"Vileplume: Vahh! Vaaaa[.]\..."
nop
removeitem 0x12 0x1
nop
wildbattle2 0x2D 0x10 0x0 0x5
bufferitem 0x0 0x2929
compare 0x853 0x20[/B]0

Sorry, no I don't. I don't use Poketscript. I only XSE script.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Alright, I've gotten a weird reaction from my ROM. When I inserted a simple XSE message script for a NPC (I've inserted them before, mind you) in my Ruby hack, it didn't work. I hit the A button (which is my space bar), and it continued walking around, as if the script was never inserted. It looks like the script was even compiled correctly.

Then, I inserted the script into a clean Ruby ROM, and it worked. I tried everything I can; copied exactly the statistics of that sprite, etc. This is the script I used, though I don't think there's anything wrong with it...

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back