• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
That's nice! I think I should try coloring this?

Sorry for not providing a shiny version...

Nice! But the back sprites are Gen. 5-style... Anyway, you should credit capylus for the Mega Alakazam because he's the one who did that, I only converted his sprite... And there's a more updated version that MrDS "liked" better (but not yet perfect for the resource)... This one:

y841vxW.png

if you have time dark can you provide a shiny sprite of ashgreninja so i can merge them on advance sprite :D

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
if you have time dark can you provide a shiny sprite of ashgreninja so i can merge them on advance sprite :D

I'll try, but it has no official shiny... Maybe using a regular shiny Greninja and a few Gary Oak colors...

EDIT: Here you go, I used Red (the Gen. 1 male hero) and regular shiny Greninja colors instead... Based from N-Kin (original sprite), EdgeZard X (resize) and Webobo (Ash-Greninja version and palette) works to make it look different from the normal form sprite from this resource... Colors became horrible due to palette restriction...

Here's the sprite:
CMQhyXQ.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 26, 2019
I tried stuffing mega-altaria to a frame 64x64, then change and trim, color and shade, but i'm quite clumsy, so i think someone will do better than me (if like and edit successfully, don't credit me, i only draw simple lines, it's your effort ^^)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
So I started working on a Bunnelby QC, but I ended up starting work on a brand new sprite instead, using the current sprite and the Sugimori art for reference. What do you guys think?
ap1JflG.png

I tried stuffing mega-altaria to a frame 64x64, then change and trim, color and shade, but i'm quite clumsy, so i think someone will do better than me (if like and edit successfully, don't credit me, i only draw simple lines, it's your effort ^^)

I really like a lot of the poses you come up with, while it does look a bit cramped, it looks very dynamic, so I think it could work. I look forward to seeing more!

Last edited:

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
I'm not trying to join the ones who wants to replace the Hoopa sprite in this resource, but here's N-Kin's Hoopa sprite using this resource's palette:

WlntdN7.png

i need to do is merge the back sprite in this source

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
Here's the new Bunnelby sprite!
bunnelby_64x64_by_matdemo159-d9svkdh.png

Can't say that I 100% like how it came out, but for the most part, it's pretty good! The ears are actually still a bit small in proportion to the head, but whatever.
What do you guys think?

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
I adjusted the excess line from capylus' Mega Aggron line art... Hope this helps...

XjWy9Y5.png

I also tried drawing Xerneas & Yveltal front sprite bigger based on trading cards, but i think i won't use them (because Yveltal's tail and the limit of Xerneas's color), so... feel free to use or edit them if anybody wants (OW sprites aren't mine)

I'm happy when someone likes my sprites, that's enough, you don't need to credit me if edited

I tried stuffing mega-altaria to a frame 64x64, then change and trim, color and shade, but i'm quite clumsy, so i think someone will do better than me (if like and edit successfully, don't credit me, i only draw simple lines, it's your effort
20.%20boogie.gif
)

I really like your choices of poses... Looks unique...

Can't say that I 100% like how it came out, but for the most part, it's pretty good! The ears are actually still a bit small in proportion to the head, but whatever.
What do you guys think?

Nice sprite!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
Soooo...
Now that Magearna is a thing and gen VII is practically confirmed, I guess mrDS (or someone else) will be making another 64x64 resource? Or maybe gen VII can be added here?

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Soooo...
Now that Magearna is a thing and gen VII is practically confirmed, I guess mrDS (or someone else) will be making another 64x64 resource? Or maybe gen VII can be added here? Either way, someone should probably make a Magearna sprite, so I guess I will.

That might be for a Gen. 7 resource in the future... Hopefully, in Sugimori colors...

EDIT: Megearna seems to be debuting in Pokémon Sun and Moon...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023

What do you guys think?

Duuude!! That looks so good!! Thanks a bunch for doing this :D I hope Spherical Ice sees it too.

Are you gonna do any QCs on any other sprites too? I heard a lot of people complaining about Sigilyth, for example. Personally, I'm just happy with the new and improved Bunnelby.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
Duuude!! That looks so good!! Thanks a bunch for doing this :D I hope Spherical Ice sees it too.

Are you gonna do any QCs on any other sprites too? I heard a lot of people complaining about Sigilyth, for example. Personally, I'm just happy with the new and improved Bunnelby.
Ehehe, thanks for the praise.
Yeah. I've seen Sigilyph, and it's pretty bad. However, that one isn't actually an issue with the quality, it's the size.
WARNING: Long boring rant, skip to bottom
Spoiler:

END OF RANT

I probably won't be QCing Sigilyph, but I'll work on other sprites. I'll probably only bother with the ones that are bad to the point of bugging me. Otherwise, I might not care enough to work on it. :p

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Ehehe, thanks for the praise.
Yeah. I've seen Sigilyph, and it's pretty bad. However, that one isn't actually an issue with the quality, it's the size.
WARNING: Long boring rant, skip to bottom
Spoiler:

END OF RANT

I probably won't be QCing Sigilyph, but I'll work on other sprites. I'll probably only bother with the ones that are bad to the point of bugging me. Otherwise, I might not care enough to work on it. :p

Maybe a new Sigilyph sprite can be done better on the Sugimori colors resource...

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
Maybe a new Sigilyph sprite can be done better on the Sugimori colors resource...
It has nothing to do with the colors tho...

EDIT:
That might be for a Gen. 7 resource in the future... Hopefully, in Sugimori colors...

So I was looking through the gen 1-5 64x64 resource, and Chaos Rush specifically points out that he uses the most current Sugimori art for reference, colors and all. This does make sense, as he is does have the absolute authority on the design of all Pokemon. So yeah hopefully the next resource will do that.

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
It has nothing to do with the colors tho...

EDIT:

So I was looking through the gen 1-5 64x64 resource, and Chaos Rush specifically points out that he uses the most current Sugimori art for reference, colors and all. This does make sense, as he is does have the absolute authority on the design of all Pokemon. So yeah hopefully the next resource will do that.

It has nothing to do with the colors but some might try newer poses to "fix" the sprite for the Sugimori colors resource as Chaos Rush's resource can't be QCed anymore...

I hope so... I'm sure once the resource project for Gen. 7 will be started, everything from Gen. 5-6 will be ported to Sugimori colors...

Back