• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I think that greninja and espurr need to be there too

I do not understand :/
Soloo changes (Greninja and Espurr) looks better than the before sprite, Well... it is your opinion.

I agree with you both. But hey, even if MDS won't accept them, there's no stopping us from using 'em as long as we give credit, yes? :3

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
I think that greninja and espurr need to be there too

Well you're Greninja's face was just wrong in my opinion, it looked like it was facing forward but you kept the head spikes as if it was facing to the bottom left, and you made the tongue a weird shape.

Espurr is very close but I'm not a fan of the ears, though I can work off of some of the changes you've made sure. The eyes you did are certainly more accurate.

That being said if I don't accept something don't get upset about it. Please keep submitting changes and if there are ones I agree with I'll use them.

I do not understand :/
Soloo changes (Greninja and Espurr) looks better than the before sprite, Well... it is your opinion.

Well it's your opinion that they look better but I've outlined to Soloo993 the reasons for me not accepting them above.

I agree with you both. But hey, even if MDS won't accept them, there's no stopping us from using 'em as long as we give credit, yes? :3

If that is your wish go for it.

I've tweaked Greninja myself now, I think the face is a lot more accurate than it initially was.

u26eZ1p.png

Here is Espurr since everyone wants it.

oRZxI33.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
Well you're Greninja's face was just wrong in my opinion, it looked like it was facing forward but you kept the head spikes as if it was facing to the bottom left, and you made the tongue a weird shape.

Espurr is very close but I'm not a fan of the ears, though I can work off of some of the changes you've made sure. The eyes you did are certainly more accurate.

That being said if I don't accept something don't get upset about it. Please keep submitting changes and if there are ones I agree with I'll use them.

Well it's your opinion that they look better but I've outlined to Soloo993 the reasons for me not accepting them above.

If that is your wish go for it.

I've tweaked Greninja myself now, I think the face is a lot more accurate than it initially was.

dPwHGqR.png

Here is Espurr since everyone wants it.

oRZxI33.png
While I agree with most of the things you've said and done in your two above posts, there are two things which I don't get, the changes to Sylveon and Greninja.

Greninja: So when I first saw your new sprite, I thought it was awful. But after some double checks at the official art and some more time looking at it, it's grown on me. While I agree that the face is now more accurate compared to Soloo's sprite, you've completely ignored some of the other changes he made, like shortening the tail. Also, the eyes might be slightly too big, but maybe thats just me. I'll edit your sprite to incorporate some of the changes he made, and see how it turns out.

Slyveon: So you accepted it this sprite, but you reversed the two most important changes: the eyes and face shape. With your edit of soloo's sprite, it looks like Sylveon is looking straight at the camera/player/whatever, while the ears suggest that it's looking towards where the opposing Pokemon would be. Also, eyes you have are literally a perfect circle. Seriously, they're 5x5 pixels. Sylveon's eyes are sort of egg shaped or oval shaped, depending on which artwork you're looking at. I think that in a sprite, that's better represented by an oval then by a circle.

EDIT: So in the middle of working on Greninja, I was looking at the sprite, and... exactly what is the part on the far left of the face? I originally thought it was the back of the eye, but on closer inspection, it's the same color as the face. Is it the other side of the face? Cause if it is, then I have no idea what direction the face is pointing anymore. I'll leave it unedited for now.

EDIT 2: Finished with my edits:
JE9SUUx.png

I didn't do that much, aside from shortening the tail and reposing the tongue. I changed the tongue for 2 reasons: 1) The current tongue looks to short. 2) Greninja always looks cooler with it's tongue flowing out behind it.
Yes, the tongue's position isn't physically realistic, but then again, none of Greninja's art has ever shown it's tongue in a realistic position.
I can't say that I 100% like the shape of the tongue, but that can be fixed.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021
While I agree with most of the things you've said and done in your two above posts, there are two things which I don't get, the changes to Sylveon and Greninja.

Greninja: So when I first saw your new sprite, I thought it was awful. But after some double checks at the official art and some more time looking at it, it's grown on me. While I agree that the face is now more accurate compared to Soloo's sprite, you've completely ignored some of the other changes he made, like shortening the tail. Also, the eyes might be slightly too big, but maybe thats just me. I'll edit your sprite to incorporate some of the changes he made, and see how it turns out.

Slyveon: So you accepted it this sprite, but you reversed the two most important changes: the eyes and face shape. With your edit of soloo's sprite, it looks like Sylveon is looking straight at the camera/player/whatever, while the ears suggest that it's looking towards where the opposing Pokemon would be. Also, eyes you have are literally a perfect circle. Seriously, they're 5x5 pixels. Sylveon's eyes are sort of egg shaped or oval shaped, depending on which artwork you're looking at. I think that in a sprite, that's better represented by an oval then by a circle.

EDIT: So in the middle of working on Greninja, I was looking at the sprite, and... exactly what is the part on the far left of the face? I originally thought it was the back of the eye, but on closer inspection, it's the same color as the face. Is it the other side of the face? Cause if it is, then I have no idea what direction the face is pointing anymore. I'll leave it unedited for now.

JE9SUUx.png

I didn't do that much, aside from shortening the tail and reposing the tongue. I changed the tongue for 2 reasons: 1) The current tongue looks to short. 2) Greninja always looks cooler with it's tongue flowing out behind it.
Yes, the tongue's position isn't physically realistic, but then again, none of Greninja's art has ever shown it's tongue in a realistic position.

Yeah, I looks more good with his toungue in that direction
untitled_1_by_solo993-d9prqkx.png

MrDollSteak

Years

JE9SUUx.png

Yeah I disagree about the tongue. I don't think it looks better.

I have tweaked Sylveon's right eye to be an oval (the left one already was), and have slightly shortened Greninja's tail, as well as some of the other minor tweaks you made.

greninja.png

If you look at the model above you will see where the positioning of the tongue and the size of the tail roughly come from in my sprite.

Also you were right about it being the eye, I'd used the wrong shade of white so it ended up being incorrectly coloured on the shiny! Fixed.

Yeah, I looks more good with his toungue in that direction
untitled_1_by_solo993-d9prqkx.png

I disagree. Though I look forward to tweaks on some new sprites if you so wish.

Here are the yet again tweaked Greninja and Sylveon.

u26eZ1p.png

cLSnZwQ.png

I've also tweaked Quilladin's front sprite. Cleaned it up a bit and used parts of soloo993's existing QC on its face for it.

okhKIIQ.png

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
I tried making a mega diancie sprite. the palettes mess up a bit when I try to insert it though, and I'm not sure why. (the normal coloured version's palette was fine until I made the shiny colouration so I don't know what happened .A.)
I hope the sprite itself turned out ok though.
tumblr_inline_nhesieXKpT1ruehzn.png

tumblr_inline_nhesplQH3Y1ruehzn.png

I think the shiny palette might have too many colours or something.

backsprite referenced from this picture

I made my own Mega Aggron from scratch because I wasn't a fan of that one, I thought you might want it but to save work, I took the liberty of recolouring the original backsprite to fit. If you don't want it, that's fine, I just thought I might as well share it.
voT3ml0.png

I wonder if these are "recoverable"...

MrDS once almost liked them and commented that the problem with them are Mega Diancie's color and Mega Aggron's size...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
That Mega Aggron's face/head looks very weird...

I don't know how well that pose works, though.

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2021
i think that chesnaught shiny pallete is wrong...
maybe he has too many colors or white in normal pallete need to be diferent that white of eyes

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
Yeah I disagree about the tongue. I don't think it looks better.

I have tweaked Sylveon's right eye to be an oval (the left one already was), and have slightly shortened Greninja's tail, as well as some of the other minor tweaks you made.

greninja.png

If you look at the model above you will see where the positioning of the tongue and the size of the tail roughly come from in my sprite.

Also you were right about it being the eye, I'd used the wrong shade of white so it ended up being incorrectly coloured on the shiny! Fixed.

I disagree. Though I look forward to tweaks on some new sprites if you so wish.

Here are the yet again tweaked Greninja and Sylveon.

u26eZ1p.png

cLSnZwQ.png

I've also tweaked Quilladin's front sprite. Cleaned it up a bit and used parts of soloo993's existing QC on its face for it.

okhKIIQ.png
So, Greninja's tongue pose isn't actually posed in the 3D games like it is in your sprite, it's a matter of perspective. You'll see what I mean if you look at the back sprite.
latest

I also found this:

Also, if we're basing it off of the 3D model, shouldn't the face and head-fins be longer?

So is it safe to assume that we should be basing our sprites off of the 3D models? Cause I've been basing it off of the artwork until now.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
WIP, not my pixel-over, I need to verify who is the main creator because it came from a spritesheet, obviously needs more work/cleaning, will be recolored, not yet indexed, compressed the arms/legs:

FEHBcTN.png

Continue? Yes or No?
Suggestions?

MrDollSteak

Years
So, Greninja's tongue pose isn't actually posed in the 3D games like it is in your sprite, it's a matter of perspective. You'll see what I mean if you look at the back sprite.
latest

I also found this:

Also, if we're basing it off of the 3D model, shouldn't the face and head-fins be longer?

So is it safe to assume that we should be basing our sprites off of the 3D models? Cause I've been basing it off of the artwork until now.

Exactly it's perspective, I originally had the tongue higher up and covered, but what's the point in that.

Greninja is fine, the sprite is fine, it doesn't need a repose.

For your future reference I look at both the models and the artwork, but the models are particularly useful in creating poses.

Years
I wonder if these are "recoverable"...

MrDS once almost liked them and commented that the problem with them are Mega Diancie's color and Mega Aggron's size...

Yeah I've been toying around with poses for Mega Aggron recently. The issue mainsly stems from the size of Aggron's sprite as well as M-Aggron being a lot wider in comparison. This is what I have saved so far, might be something to work with. As far as I'm aware, the original creator is Noscium for the bigger sprite and he/she has given permission, but it would be wise to follow up on that if you wanted to work from it as it was a while ago. Backsprite was Leparagon I believe (both on DA). Nothing great but may provide a base.
pePtBoi.png

DIdLgYn.png

Oh and I think Mega Sharpedo could use some QC, in my opinion, it just looks like a recoloured regular sharpedo. I get that it's supposed to be based on the original sprite but I feel the nose spikes (even though omitted in the games) would look better.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years

Hrm, kind of rude considering the current sprite is good enough, but if you want to make your own perfect Greninja sprite go for it.

Yeah I've been toying around with poses for Mega Aggron recently. The issue mainsly stems from the size of Aggron's sprite as well as M-Aggron being a lot wider in comparison. This is what I have saved so far, might be something to work with. As far as I'm aware, the original creator is Noscium for the bigger sprite and he/she has given permission, but it would be wise to follow up on that if you wanted to work from it as it was a while ago. Backsprite was Leparagon I believe (both on DA). Nothing great but may provide a base.
pePtBoi.png

DIdLgYn.png

Oh and I think Mega Sharpedo could use some QC, in my opinion, it just looks like a recoloured regular sharpedo. I get that it's supposed to be based on the original sprite but I feel the nose spikes (even though omitted in the games) would look better.

I agree with you completely. The problem with Mega Aggron is that the regular Aggron sprite is already very tall, as well as wide, so considering that Mega Aggron is a lot wider its pretty problematic.

I do agree with you regarding Mega Sharpedo too, I'm not super happy with its nose, but I don't particularly want to change its shape or pose too much,

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
Hrm, kind of rude considering the current sprite is good enough, but if you want to make your own perfect Greninja sprite go for it.
Well, there is no such thing as a perfect sprite but, I consider N-Kin's Greninja sprite to be the best one out there right now, and because the pose is already pretty condensed, and it also pretty close to 64x64, I think re-sizing it would be the best. I'm terrible at re-sizing, so I'm going to have to ask someone else to do it. I think it will look amazing.
greninja_by_n_kin-d6xwg47.png

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
pePtBoi.png

DIdLgYn.png

Yeah, it looks as if there's no room to have a bigger form for Aggron... Pose for Mega Aggron would be difficult unless maybe if it's twerking or something where a part of its body curves...

MrDollSteak

Years
Well, there is no such thing as a perfect sprite but, I consider N-Kin's Greninja sprite to be the best one out there right now, and because the pose is already pretty condensed, and it also pretty close to 64x64, I think re-sizing it would be the best. I'm terrible at re-sizing, so I'm going to have to ask someone else to do it. I think it will look amazing.
greninja_by_n_kin-d6xwg47.png

At the risk of sounding rude, if you are unable to resize sprites or create scratch sprites yourself I don't really see what you're bringing to the table here. If you have a problem with a sprite then do something to help, do QC on it yourself. If you find you can't, then it's probably not something that needs it.

Back