• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Rocket or Team Skull?

Years
  • I myself like both Pokemon Villains, Team Rocket & Team Skull. From Team Rocket i like the Boss Giovanni. And from Team Skull i like the Big Sister Plumeria. How about you?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I also like both Team Rocket and Team Skull. Guzma, Jessie, and James are my favorite.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 26, 2020
    For me, Team Rocket is more 'evil'.

Like, Team Skull seems more like a bunch of kids who are following a leader who does not really have a nasty big plan to destroy anything, they're more just a group of outcast kids. I think this was deliberate.

Team Rocket seems more like a real organisation built to make money from weaker people/Pokémon. Like they have no real aim other than being stronger - using the weaknesses of others. This has its own moral issues, but for this topic, I feel like it makes them more truly 'evil' than Team Skull.

To me, Skull seems like the kind of group that would complain and cause a lot of trouble in daily life, but if the situation was serious, and Ultra Beasts appear or something really serious happens, most of them would work for the 'good guys'. They are not part of the normal society but they are not really trying to destroy it.

But, Team Rocket, I feel like more of them are dedicated to really working to attack and hurt others, for the single purpose of getting paid or getting stronger. Like you could see them doing anything really just to become more powerful.

I find Rocket to be a more menacing and 'scary' villain. Skull are a good stepping stone, but you need a villain like Rocket to really feel as though you are fighting against something 'evil'.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    Team Rocket with Giovanni, mafia style always wins xD... anche se non é un qualcosa che noi italiani dovremmo vantare

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Skull was more interesting. As nostalgic and lovably grim Rocket is, Skull actually had a history and reason and that was hella cool.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Team Skull is probably the first team to get my attention since team Rocket. Tam Rocket is epic. But Team Skull... yeah these guys are great too. I can't decide.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Team Rocket has:
    A talking Murkrow
    An extremely ambitious boss who has opened up portals to various universes
    A name that doesn't rip off Mystery Dungeon

Team Skull has:
    Charisma
    The cutest female Grunts you'll ever see in a villainous team
    A living meme of a leader

I can't really decide.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2018
    scary don't read if you don't want
    I hate them. Rocket was way more dangerous though, they had those; rockets, to use on little kids, like a rocket, they'd fire at Pikachu, Squirtle,,
    at anyone, to get them, grab them, team rocket, for pokémon poeachers.. And like, Simsala was giving people dreams,
    about Giovanni the egg crusher Excegcute, and his Khangashkhan pokémon killer, Exegcutor, and he wanted Nidoqueen's horn,
    so he killed her and ripped out her skull trying to break it he's obsessed with crushing things, the horn was thorn, grass thorn, so it came off,
    but the skull was unbreakable and the baby pokémon she'd had evolved into it. There hasn't been a story of more horror than Rocket,
    but like Unova, that's all hell, pokémon not seen anywhere else? Why? Because that one leaves, you find out and you grab her?

Scary worlds, but I don't know about skull, I thought that freak field guide chick was running them, but they're not as scary, but monsters all of them, I hate them

there's too much in the games like Lavender town not to find out how much of the real evil they don't just tell you about, you have to think about it and find out

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2018
    I'd join up with team skull. They seem like a chill group, just knocking about causing trouble, kicking back. Team rocket seem like they have to actually work.
    Both are pretty rad though. Rainbow rocket are probably the most rad.

Years
  • Team Skull by a long shot.

The thing that really puts me off about Team Rocket is that they actually abuse Pokemon/treat them cruelly, and idk, I feel like I can't live with that on my conscious. Team Skull obviously does the same (see: Yungoos), but I think it's to a far lesser degree or something. They're just dumb and pick on trainers weaker than they are and just cause mischief and stuff; they aren't a super serious threat by any means. They're basically a street gang lol. Granted, a successful one if they've managed to take over an entire city, but still.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I'm going with Team Rocket, mostly for nostalgia reasons I'll admit. Even now I still crush on James a little! Jesse, James and Meowth are the best. <3

Though Guzma is awesome! I'm cool with Team Skull, they're comical and such pushovers (though I suppose you could say that about any team grunt). Still, I got a little tired of them by Ultra Moon. And I took an instant dislike to Plumeria.

Back