• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"The things I do for love..."

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
  • definitely. even when someone is mean to me, i have a hard time being mean back. i've been walked on all over too many times and been screwed over a lot because people like to take advantage of me because i'm so nice, but i hope to change that by (trying) key word: trying, to stand up for myself

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I guess on love...

I was willing to adjust my everything, whatever it took to either please her or stay by her side. I was young and wasn't aware I was actually in love, so I think that makes sense. If I had the feeling she didn't like my t-shirt, I would never wear that one again (I remember this exact moment). If I felt like she disapproved of my behaviour at some point, I did my best to correct that behaviour and get her approval of doing that. I was willing to change my entire high school subjects package to a different one because I thought she chose that package. Someone once said I turned into a bitch around her - I guess that happened, too.

Don't think that will happen next time. I was very dependent of her because she was my first female friend in forever, as well as my bridge to other social interactions, and as a result of that got very attached to her, her opinion, her everything. Now, though I might rely on another person as a social clutch, I am not willing to change myself for somoene at all. So I'm not sure what I'd do actually.

Years
  • In a romantic relationship I am very nice and will do a lot and spend a lot of money as well. In normal relationships I do not let people take advantage of me at all. I cannot stand that. I usually will do favors for people, but when I need something and someone refuses to help me after all I have done for them I drop them quick. Also I have a very short fuse and was brought up not to take anything from anyone. My dad brought me up pretty well on that front.

User19sq

The title is mostly just a reference. If you didn't get it, you ain't a 90's kid.

It can be either romantic, or general. Take your picks. XD

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    yea i used to be *too* nice and i would expect the same from everyone else, and get bitter and angry when they didnt meet my expectations

i was a total shithead

now i dont care and im nice when i want to be. life is good

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • I tend to be nice to people, so they may take that as being passive. But I don't think I am, if someone does wrong by me.
    But, yes I think I put up with a lot for love of family.

Years
  • Very. I can be firm, but only to a certain extent. Rather than scolding someone I'm better at empathizing and trying to mediate things. Online I guess it's harder to tell since typing through the computer's a whole different story, but irl I have some difficulty being blunt. Leaves me feeling stressed afterwards. ;(

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    yeah definitely. i say yes to pretty much anything honestly

Back