• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Prehistoric Prizes [October 2016]

Which is your favorite?

• Total voters
Years
  • Welcome to First Generation's new featured thread- the Poll of the Month! Borrowed from Third Generation, the First and Second Generation boards will be doing monthly polls as well. And the threads are simple- pick any of the options from the poll above, and feel free to post about your choices. Also, if any of you have a question that you would like to see featured as the PotM, feel free to send me a VM with your idea(s), or leave it with your post in this thread. If your topic gets picked, you may even earn a special reward!

Now with all that said, this month's poll question is:

"Which is your favortie fossil from the Kanto region?"

Lost to time, these fossils have recently been found in the Kanto region, and are said to contain the remains of ancient Pokémon. A scientist on Cinnabar Island says that he can resurrect an Omanyte from a Helix Fossil, a Kabuto from a Dome Fossil, and an Aerodactyl from some Old Amber. Praise techonolgy! Or just praise the fossil itself, we don't judge.

But with that said, which of these prehistoric relics are your favorite? Let the voting begin!

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I liked Omanyte and Omastar before Twitch Plays Pokemon.

I mean, look at this little guy:

tumblr_m9fv1fXy2B1qcuoflo1_500.gif

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I really loved Aerodactyl in the manga <3 its mega is blergh but the original pokemon is super cool. So amber fossil for me!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I've always loved Kabutops. It's got a badass design and can cut a ho. I gotta go with it.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Online now
    Aerodactyl has always been my favorite of the three. While the Dome and Helix Fossils sat unrevived in my PC, I always tried to remember to snag the Old Amber.

It wasn't until my FireRed version, however, that I finally had an Aerodactyl on my team.

Years
  • I voted for the Helix Fossil. While I never used Omanyte much in my experience with Pokemon, it is still my fave Kanto fossil. And no, I don't blame Twitch Plays Pokemon for that.

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
    Years
  • Old Amber is my choice, which should be rather evident given my profile picture ;)

Aerodactyl has always been one of my favourite Pokémon is, as if recent years, now in that #1 spot. It always felt like such an achievement to finally resurrect any of the fossils considering you had to wait all the way until Cinnabar Island, if you didn't forget to withdraw them from the PC again that is, but even more of an achievement with Aerodactyl because you had to wait until you finally had Cut and then backtrack through Diglett's Cave just to pick up Old Amber.
    The wait felt worth it though because you get a freaking Aerodactyl :O

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • Aerodactyl is actually my favorite fossil Pokemon, but I really like all of them especially from Kanto. Plan on using them in R/B/Y eventually, and included Kabuto in my second Firered team.

SonOfASubmariner

Not the only one with an avatar R/B Golbat related
    Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2017
    I picked Omanyte/Omastar due to its Base Special making it hit hard with Surf unlike Kabuto/Kabutops.

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
  • Aerodactyl. I mean, who wouldn't want to ride a pterodactyl around the Kanto region? That is the epitome of badass.

Years
  • Aerodactyl. I think the other two aren't just as good as Aerodactyl in competition. I agree that it's mega evolution looks chunky though.

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
    Years
  • Old Amber/Aerodactyl for me, until forever. It used to be Omanyte, until I lived long enough to analyze the true tastes of my nature. Aerodactyl has Bite, Wing Attack, Hyper Beam and is among the few Rock-Flying types in the game. (The ONLY Rock-Flying in Kanto!)But for me, Aerodactyl will always be legendary in my heart for the simple reason that it is one of Lance's partners. Without a Water/Electric/Ice type, you're gonna end up using brute force. (With Special Attacks, it's no big deal, like with Psychic or Grass, but Normal and Bug attacks are gonna be weak against it.) From the looks of things, Aerodactyl may end up on top.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I picked helix fossil. Omanyte is kinda like a snail, and snails are cute. Plus it won't burn me to death like other snails!

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Aerodactyl is awesome, so Old Amber for me. I also went with the Dome fossil on my first playthrough (and almost every playthrough since, until I decided to finally try out Omastar), so I'm a fan of that one too, but there's just something awesome about a pterodactyl Pokemon that the other fossils just can't match.

Years
  • I absolutely love Aerodactyl. He's been a valuable team member in the past, and I love how awesome his design is.

Back