• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions (FAQ in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    So anyone have a good set for a Sheer Force Tauros? I just realized I can't use Rock Climb since it's 6th Gen! And every moveset says to use Rock Climb... so that sucks.

He's Jolly, perfect IVs. 252 in attack and speed. 4 in defense.
    Earthquake
    Zen Headbutt
    Rock Slide

What would be the ideal normal move for this guy? Return?

Years
  • So anyone have a good set for a Sheer Force Tauros? I just realized I can't use Rock Climb since it's 6th Gen! And every moveset says to use Rock Climb... so that sucks.

He's Jolly, perfect IVs. 252 in attack and speed. 4 in defense.
    Earthquake
    Zen Headbutt
    Rock Slide

What would be the ideal normal move for this guy? Return?

Looking at your situation, Return is likely your only option for Normal STAB. I saw some Smogon sets for it mention Double-Edge for some reason despite being unable to learn it by any means. Return hits for 102 base power with maxed happiness, so it'll actually hit decently hard.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • So Im going to run this Whimsicott set. Is it best to have 31s on all but sp atk or is the 31 on sp atk not really needed? I worry about makibg it taunt bait

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2016
    Competitive Kricketune?

Saw this guy on youtube build Kricketune with

1. Sing
    2. Infestation
    3. Perish Song
    4. Protect

I was wondering other peoples take on it for singles.

Years
  • Well, it's unique I'll give you that, it could actually work. What's the item, focus sash?

Edit: I'd change sing though, it's literally a coin toss. I'd probably go female Kricketune and attract.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2016
    ya it's a focus sash

I would send a link but I'm not allowed to till I have made five posts.

If you search up Kricketune build on google videos I think his is the second one to pop up. His name is TheGoblinKing. If your interested in taking a look at it for yourself.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Kricketune is one of the worst Bug Pokemon out there because it's slow and weak. Perish Song trapping is ineffective unless you're using Mega Gengar, which naturally has Shadow Tag to prevent non-Ghosts from switching. The only niche that Kricketune can do is set up Sticky Web and it's severely outclassed by Shuckle and Galvantula at the role.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2016
    I just thought it was really neat and interesting seeing such a low tier Pokemon with such a deadly build.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    Lightning rod on team mate.

Say you have a heliolisk and a rhyperior (with lightning rod) in a double battle, and the heliolisk uses thunder. Would thunder still hit the targeted pokemon or would it get dragged to the rhyperior?
    Thanks!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Say you have a heliolisk and a rhyperior (with lightning rod) in a double battle, and the heliolisk uses thunder. Would thunder still hit the targeted pokemon or would it get dragged to the rhyperior?
    Thanks!

Lightning Rod affects allied Electric attacks as well. In this scenario, if an ally Heliolisk uses Thunder with Rhyperior as a partner, Rhyperior's Lightning Rod will activate.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    What is the common spread for Primal Kyorge?
    Here are the most common spreads going by usage in March.
    Code:
     +----------------------------------------+ 
     | Spreads                                | 
     | Modest:248/0/0/252/8/0 20.168%         | 
     | Modest:172/0/0/252/0/84  7.118%        | 
     | Hardy:0/0/0/0/0/0  6.517%              | 
     | Mild:248/8/0/252/0/0  6.080%           | 
     | Timid:4/0/0/252/0/252  2.749%          | 
     | Modest:4/0/0/252/0/252  1.770%         | 
     | Other 55.598%                          | 
     +----------------------------------------+

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2019
    Chansey: Why Seismic Toss?

In almost every Chansey set I see, it has Seismic Toss. Assuming your pokemon is level 100, it will do 100 damage, correct?

If that's right, then why would you use that over other moves such as earthquake, double edge, fire blast, or thunderbolt?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Chansey likes Seismic Toss since it's a reliable form of damage for a pokemon that is otherwise offensively incapable. I mean with an attack stat of five and a special attack stat of thirty five, even if Chansey uses any of the moves you listed, it's probably not going to do as much damage as Seismic Toss. It's just a very reliable form of damage for a pokemon who otherwise has none, so it's used on practically every set.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2019
    Chansey likes Seismic Toss since it's a reliable form of damage for a pokemon that is otherwise offensively incapable. I mean with an attack stat of five and a special attack stat of thirty five, even if Chansey uses any of the moves you listed, it's probably not going to do as much damage as Seismic Toss. It's just a very reliable form of damage for a pokemon who otherwise has none, so it's used on practically every set.

does seismic toss ignore chansey's attack stats?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back