• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

recommendations needed

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    So between the gift cards and that one store credit card thing I have like nearly $90 to use up

But I have no idea what to use it on. So was hoping that maybe y'all could give me some ideas or something. PS3/Xbox 360/Wii/Wii U/3DS are the functioning systems I have btw.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I'll be playing some Odd one out with ya so:

PS3:
    Final Fantasy X + X2 HD Collection
    Killzone Collection (Killzone 1 HD, Killzone 2, Killzone 3)

As for hardware related stuff, I suggest if not games, maybe some peripherals for your 3DS.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    real talk I have tried to get into Final Fantasy but I like can't

the battle system bothers me

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Kinda in the same boat. I almost feel like just saving it up until the end of next month when a lot of games I'm looking forward to get released. Tales of Berseria being the main one despite the fact that I didn't really enjoy Zestiria at all. Cautiously optimistic about Resident Evil 7 and looking forward to Digimon World: Next Order and Gravity Rush 2.

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon is on the Wii U eShop. Probably the most bland FE game I've played, but you might enjoy it.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Oh? How come? The systems can vary quite a lot however, what sort of combat style do you like?
    It's basically that, at least for the ones I've tried, the battle system is rooted in selecting commands off of a menu in real time with characters you can't move around while doing so. It's like if you're gonna make me select commands off of a menu either a) let me have some level of control over the character(s) outside of that (think Kingdom Hearts) or b) freeze everything while I'm making my selection (think Grandia).

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Ahhhhhh, you're playing in Active mode. If it's any consolation, you can turn off the real-time aspect in the options menu of the games in FF that do this.
    fuck really

I would miss that -_-

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Mass Effect 1 + 2 if you haven't already (I heard 3 wasn't as good). Borderlands series, Left 4 Dead series for the PS/Xbox

Any Kirby series (Rainbow Curse is really really good, and if you can, get Planet Robobot too), for Nintendo.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Are you a young man or woman who is looking for a healthy dose of sweet, delicious, visceral, and cardiovascular stimulating serving of extreme supermurder? then my friend, I have a buckload of them:

Drakengard 3
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
    Dynasty Warriors 8 + Xtreme Legends (PS4, XBone, and PC have access to DW8 Complete edition which comes fully packaged with both Base DW8 and XL)
    Gears of War Ultimate Edition
    Madworld
    Vanquish

Okay, maybe those aren't the most visceral of vidya games but those are what I know that has a great mix of fun gameplay and of course sweet delicious supermurder. Madworld gets a special notice since its one of the few games IN A NINTENDO console that actually has outrageous levels of blood and guts, but nothing too extreme.

Heck, screw those working consoles and try out Brutal Doom, which I've endorsed several times before to everyone looking for basically an insanely over the top experience that's guaranteed to make you gain 50 lbs of lean muscle mass and shed 100lbs of Saturated Body Fat.

And to to the humble customer who may be asking, where can i get a copy of Classic Doom? The 1993 game? Well they are onsale in steam, heck if you don't have steam, DUN WORRY, I can be of humble service and assistance in offering both the game AND the mod. ;)

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    MGS: HD Collection, if only for Peace Walker
    MGS4

Skip Rising and Phantom Pain if you like not being massively disappointed

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    MGS: HD Collection, if only for Peace Walker
    MGS4

Skip Rising and Phantom Pain if you like not being massively disappointed
    I take you think that 4 and Peace Walker are the best entries in the franchise then? Would I be alright just getting those two, or would I need to play some of the others to understand/appreciate things, or even just that there's other ones really worth playing too?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • So between the gift cards and that one store credit card thing I have like nearly $90 to use up

But I have no idea what to use it on. So was hoping that maybe y'all could give me some ideas or something. PS3/Xbox 360/Wii/Wii U/3DS are the functioning systems I have btw.

What kind of game are you looking for? Give me some genres you might be interested in and I can see why I can do.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    I take you think that 4 and Peace Walker are the best entries in the franchise then? Would I be alright just getting those two, or would I need to play some of the others to understand/appreciate things, or even just that there's other ones really worth playing too?

Nah (the phrase as opposed to your name haha) 4 isn;t the best one, but it has pretty tight gameplay and is PS4 exclusive. 3 is on the HD collection, is (chronologically) the first entry and is easily the best. Peace Walker is only really worth playing on console as the PSP version controls awfully and costs more.

Chronologically the games go 3, Portable Ops (side story, can skip), Peace Walker, MGSV, MG, MG2, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4.

3, PO, Peace Walker and V all happen in the cold war and follow Big Boss (the antagonist from the original two titles)

MG1 and MG2:Solid Snake (both of these are also on the HD collection) take place in the mid-late 1990s and follow Solid Snake, the clone of Big Boss, and his conflict with his de facto father

MGS follows Snake again, and shifts the focus to various characters and the shady secret society, the Patriots.

MGS2 follows Raiden, with Snake returning as a supporting character throughout the title, and heavily explores the ideas behind mental dopplegangers and double speak

MGS4 follows Snake again, with Raiden providing support this time, and acts as a final chapter to the saga. It addresses themes, characters and plot lines from the three previous blocs of games whilst providing smooth, stellar gameplay (although this one is the game that got the series it's reputation for long cut scenes)

Reactions: Nah

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    What kind of game are you looking for? Give me some genres you might be interested in and I can see why I can do.
    When I made the thread I was considering giving a list of genres/games to give people an idea on the stuff I like, but decided not to as I didn't want people to feel constrained by it when giving ideas. Thought people might give more interesting suggestions that way, and I am mostly willing to try new things to some degree.

But since you asked, largely what I'm into is all manner of RPGs. Tales, Fire Emblem, Dark Souls, Xeno titles, Paper Mario TTYD, Skyrim/New Vegas, to name a few things I've played. That's not the entirety of what I like though, as I've enjoyed other stuff too like Halo Reach, Super Mario Sunshine/Galaxy, Zelda in general (except for Four Swords I didn't like that), the 3 Metroid Prime games, etc. That's still not everything, but it gives some idea at least.

Would say fighters too but the issue there is that I'll inevitably want to get really good at it and trying to juggle two fighting games at the same time is not a good idea.

Generally not into stuff like Minecraft, The Sims, or anything that is strictly multiplayer only though.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Radiant Historia; It's an RPG that somewhat fell into obscurity because it came pretty late during the lifespan of the DS. It didn't even get a release in Europe. But it's really good, with an interesting story, beautiful graphics and a really good soundtrack.

If you ever played Chrono Trigger and enjoyed playing it, it's definitely worth a try. There's a lot of people who like to call Radiant Historia Historia it's spiritual successor.

Back