• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen You Used Your Last Rare Candy

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Before generation V, you had to go back into your bag every time you wanted to use another item. Generation V changed this and made items be able to be used continuously until you had no more of them. However, only generation V would give you the message that you had used up the last one.

Anyway, what did you think of this change? I say it was very needed. I'm glad Generation V made it easier to use many of the same item at once... too bad we can't use many at once, though, like w/vitamins in gen 8. Oh, well.

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
Years
This was the best improvement of the whole series. I would buy repels for Mt. Silver back in Soulsilver / Heartgold, and would always have to open my bag and use another. BW / B2W2 made my life easier for me.

Years
Solved a problem that I didn't even realize was a problem. So minute, yet so integral for convenience. Gen 5 really was the most refreshing set of games with those QoL improvements GF did. Makes sense why a majority of rom hacks following up to it started integrating the "Gen 5 repel system" afterwards.

Years
I used my last rare candy in Deino, it was worth it!, battling the nimbasa city trainers i evolved my Zweilous into Hydreigon. The change was interesting and helpful for making things smoother, being able to use item repeteadly is more natural and comfortable than having to go to the bag every time we want to use an item.

Years
being able to use repels again right away without going into my bag again was groundbreaking to me at the time

Bug

[b][color=white][font=Luminari]can't talk. i'm shi
Years
Being able to spam repels is a lifesaver. It may have deepened my avoidance of confrontation in the game, but it's worth it to not have to step on a wild pokemon every three seconds.

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
One of the best things Gen 5 did, along with introducing permanent TMs. Saves a lot of time when you're using Super Potions multiple times.

Back